Leeds are utter scum

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Leeds fans get all precious if there's any hint of a mention about Istanbul but they themselves are always distasteful. It was Leeds (not Liverpool) who created the "Always look on the runway for ice" 'song'. Yes-no doubt about it, Leeds fans are scum.

E

enigma

SCUM

But they always sing songs about Munich as well. Wankers.

I would honour a minutes silence for a palace player. They're human beings (ok maybe not in the fake barcelona shirt :p )
, they deserve respect.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
WATFORD O said:
Leeds must have the shitiest most animal fuckwit tosser scum fans on the face of the earth. On he day that every club observes a minutes silence / clap for George Best THEY decide to sing 'we hate man u' etc etc. C U N T S every single one of them.

Actually, it was "would you like another stella georgie best."

I'm nusring my baby and typing one handed but will be back to type a proper response after.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Oceanic said:
Would all Albion observe a minutes silence if it was a Palace player? :nono:

The closest Palace could come to a George Best is Ian Wright....and yes, even though he hates us for rejecting him :)

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
It was the Scousers who broke the silence at Man City. Another bunch of tossers who are quick to condemn others for singing songs about their disasters and deaths, but just as quick to come out with their own verbal shite.

Just watched it on telly Starry, unfortunately it comes across as "we hate Man U", etc, etc. Couldn't hear the word Stella in their anywhere.

Link here - even the Leeds manager admits they were Leeds and disowns them

Leeds/Liverpool

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
HampshireSeagulls said:
It was the Scousers who broke the silence at Man City. Another bunch of tossers who are quick to condemn others for singing songs about their disasters and deaths, but just as quick to come out with their own verbal shite.

Just watched it on telly Starry, unfortunately it comes across as "we hate Man U", etc, etc. Couldn't hear the word Stella in their anywhere.

Link here - even the Leeds manager admits they were Leeds and disowns them

Leeds/Liverpool

Oh I was there, I don't doubt Leeds ruined the silence, it didn't really ever begin. They were singing would you like another stella... before the ref blew and didn't stop.

I chose not to respect the silence and me and my kids and many, many others turned our backs on the pitch. Not all of us sang through it.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Why didn't you respect the silence starry? Seems a bit harsh making kids disrespect it too, reminds me of people taking their kids out on orange parades or to stone the troops in Northern Ireland, it is how intolerance is perpetuated.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Starry said:
I chose not to respect the silence and me and my kids and many, many others turned our backs on the pitch. Not all of us sang through it.

bizarre

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Icy Gull said:

That's what I thought but each to their own.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Gully said:
Why didn't you respect the silence starry? Seems a bit harsh making kids disrespect it too, reminds me of people taking their kids out on orange parades or to stone the troops in Northern Ireland, it is how intolerance is perpetuated.
I have no respect for the man, footballing talent aside he was a wife beating, alcoholic waster. He took a second liver and a few months after the surgery said he only intended to stop drinking while he slept. No intent to try and fix his wrongs.

I'd told my kids he was a great footballer, but also told them of the bad he had done. They saw everyone around them turn their backs and chose to turn around around also. I didn't tell them to move. Plus, I'm not sure Best is the type of man I want my children affording their sympathies or respect to.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Surely only one George Best has died so it would hardly lead to teaching kids intolerence on a grand scale.

As I said each to their own at the end of the day.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Beach Hut said:
Surely only one George Best has died so it would hardly lead to teaching kids intolerence on a grand scale.

As I said each to their own at the end of the day.

Like I said, I have no respect for Best, I'm not going to be a hypocrit and make my kids observe a silence. If they want to fine, but if they didn't so be it. I'd find it difficult to tell them off for talking through it when in reality it means nothing to me.

I'd much rather they channelled their thoughts to those who deserve them.

Starry said:
I have no respect for the man, footballing talent aside he was a wife beating, alcoholic waster. He took a second liver and a few months after the surgery said he only intended to stop drinking while he slept. No intent to try and fix his wrongs.

I'd told my kids he was a great footballer, but also told them of the bad he had done. They saw everyone around them turn their backs and chose to turn around around also. I didn't tell them to move. Plus, I'm not sure Best is the type of man I want my children affording their sympathies or respect to.

Great post Starry :thumbsup:

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Alcoholism is a disease, there is no cure, it is like a cancer eating at the body, people do not choose to get it, like they don't choose to get any other illness. Clearly you have little understanding of the causes of alcoholism or its effects, maybe he did beat his wife, there is a chance that this may have been one of the side effects of his drinking.

Surely it would be better to use the example of George Best to indicate the effects of alcoholism and over indulgence to teach young people what can happen in a worst case scenario, also that it can effect people from all walks of life.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Gully said:
Surely it would be better to use the example of George Best to indicate the effects of alcoholism and over indulgence to teach young people what can happen in a worst case scenario, also that it can effect people from all walks of life.

Perfectly valid point but we are all free to chose what we do at the end of the day.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
True Beach Hut, I was brought up to respect the dead.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Gully said:
True Beach Hut, I was brought up to respect the dead.

And so was I but everyone is allowed to react how they feel at a time like this although I do suspect the majority lead the minority.

I was fearful that the minute's silence at Withdean would be broken, particularly after everything that has been said about it on NSC over the past few days.

Personally, I don't think the death of George Best merited this tribute (which should be reserved for people with a genuine connection with the Club).

But it was impressive that nobody ruined it for those who think differently.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Fair comment LB, but I think in this case he brought genuine pleasure to millions of people, regardless of the club they followed. One could argue that it would be wholly inappropriate to have a similar minutes silence for a player who perhaps remained at one club and was widely unknown outside it, few would argue with that.

We have had the occasional player who has notched up maybe a couple of hundred games for the Albion but not played meaningful football anywhere else, it would be appropriate for us to celebrate their life and mark their death with a minute silence, but not really any other club, likewise I would hope that whoever we played on that occasion would pay us respect by remaining silent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports