Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds are utter scum

Status
Not open for further replies.

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Starry said:

I chose not to respect the silence and me and my kids and many, many others turned our backs on the pitch. Not all of us sang through it.

:nono:
Setting a fine example to your children there Starry.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
C1 BHA said:
:nono:
Setting a fine example to your children there Starry.

And teaching them to respect a wife beating, drink driving alcoholic is better?

I didn't ask my children to turn their backs, if they wanted to stand in silence (not that there actually was one) they were free to do so.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
C1 BHA said:
How old are they Starry?

Callum is 8, Francesca is 5 and Anastasia is 2. Cal and Cesca were at the game.

I told the two of them on the train going up about Best being a wonderfully talented footballer, they've seen his goals on the news in the past two or so days, but I also told them the not so nice things about him and his life.

If me not raising my kids to respect people like Best makes me a bad parent, then so be it.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
you called you child anastasia:eek: Are you a wannabe chav by any chance:lolol:

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
mate, at 8 and 5, if you turn your back, there's a very good chance they're gonna follow you. They're a little young to get their heads around the darker side of alcoholism and wife beating I'd have thought.
How you run your life is up to you, I just find it fascinating how different people are from varying areas of the Country. I reckon Brighton fans would respect a minute's silence for anyone....even Palace's most famous player ever (whoever that might be :dunce: )

Personally, I think the idea of a minute's applauding is THE solution. That way if someone wanted to protest the worst they could do would be to stay silent. This (unless the whole crowd did it) would pass without any contriversy.

I'm off out now, so I will sign off, however, you'll have to concede that the 'Northern Scum' tag that follows Leeds everywhere they go is richly deserved based on yesterdays events.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
B.M.F said:
you called you child anastasia:eek: Are you a wannabe chav by any chance:lolol:

It was my husbands great grandmothers name.

I wanted to call her Chardonnay ;-)

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
C1 BHA said:

Personally, I think the idea of a minute's applauding is THE solution. That way if someone wanted to protest the worst they could do would be to stay silent. This (unless the whole crowd did it) would pass without any contriversy.

I'm off out now, so I will sign off, however, you'll have to concede that the 'Northern Scum' tag that follows Leeds everywhere they go is richly deserved based on yesterdays events.

I agree with that, though knowing us if there was to be a minutes applause you'd get a minutes silence. ;-)

I've never doubted the Northern Scum, it's a tag that I think is pretty much justified.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Somewhat ironic that your taste in boys names is rather similar to that of George Best.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Gully said:
Somewhat ironic that your taste in boys names is rather similar to that of George Best.

That remind me of an old joke. Three married couples all died in a head on car accident and all six arrives at the gates of Heaven atthe same time to be greeted by St. Peter.

St. Peter said to the first husband, 'You two can't come in here as all your life all you've done is think about money. Money, money money, you're obessed with it, you even have a wife called Penny, to Hell with you'. At that point the first couple descended into Hell.

St. Peter ten confronted the second husband, 'You two can't come in here as all your life all you've done is think about Drink.Drink, drink, drink, that's all you've ever done, you even have a wife called Sherry, to Hell with you'. At that point the second couple descended into Hell.

At that point the third husband turned to his wife and said 'Okay Fanny, enough of this, we don't have to stay here and be insulted'.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Gully said:

Hubba, hubba, Callum Best!

Callum is a fine boys name.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Row Z Creased Shirt said:
If you can't keep quiet for sixty seconds it say a lot more about you than it does about George best.

That's the way I see it. You may not like the man, but is it that hard to shut up for sixty seconds for the sake of having some respect for the dead? I didn't think a minute's silence was necessarily appropriate, but what need is there to behave like a neanderthal?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Repugnant Toad said:
That's the way I see it. You may not like the man, but is it that hard to shut up for sixty seconds for the sake of having some respect for the dead? I didn't think a minute's silence was necessarily appropriate, but what need is there to behave like a neanderthal?

I trust the above comments were (rightfully) addressed to the Leeds fans who felt the need to boo and not Starry. I would hardly describe her attitude as 'Neanderthal'.

Last edited:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
KinkyGoebels said:
You can talk! you started a stand up if you hate george best thread.

Racist

i_89.jpg

Bite me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here