Leeds are utter scum

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I just don't understand why people should be forced to stand in silence for a minute in respect of a total loser

Total loser? Four Miss Worlds and a European Cup Winners medal? What does that make GENUINE losers like me?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The Laughing Bluebird said:

Come on TLB, I read Robin Friday's biography, and he was exactly the same as Bestie, and I would give both of them a minute's silence over any publicity seeking ex-royal any day:jester:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
El Presidente said:
Come on TLB, I read Robin Friday's biography, and he was exactly the same as Bestie, and I would give both of them a minute's silence over any publicity seeking ex-royal any day.

It's curious you should mention Friday.

On New Year's Day, 1977, a 20,000+ crowd turned up at Ninian to watch City play Fulham. George Best was supposed to be in the Fulham line-up, but it was no great surprise to anyone when he failed to turn up. He was missing presumed pissed.

That was the occasion of Robin Friday's Cardiff debut. He scored twice, City won 3-0, and Friday was chased around the pitch after squeezing Bobby Moore's nuts while they were waiting for a corner. One fo the funniest things ever seen at Ninian. Moore was absolutely livid.

That was about as good as Friday's career ever got. He was pretty much a liability from that point onwards. We had no minute's silence when he died.

Last edited:

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
Starry said:
Like I said, I have no respect for Best, I'm not going to be a hypocrit and make my kids observe a silence. If they want to fine, but if they didn't so be it. I'd find it difficult to tell them off for talking through it when in reality it means nothing to me.

I'd much rather they channelled their thoughts to those who deserve them.

Starry top post mate. I agree with you 100%. Everyone has got there own opinions on him and like you I stick to my guns. I'm not going to stand there and observe a minutes silence for someone who I don't respect. I was there as well on Sat. I heard all the chanting. I don't condone the Leeds fans singing though, it is a bit distasteful. Myself I chose not to observe it. So I stayed under the stand until it was over and then took my seat.

I have a question for everyone: Say for example a great talent like Wayne Rooney was seen spouting off about George Best saying he was scum etc, if Rooney died, would you respect his minutes silence purely because he was a good footballer?

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Oceanic said:
Would all Albion observe a minutes silence if it was a Palace player? :nono:

No, never! Not even AJ if he gets to play for England. Especially if he pissed his life away up the wall.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
robbied69 said:

I have a question for everyone: Say for example a great talent like Wayne Rooney was seen spouting off about George Best saying he was scum etc, if Rooney died, would you respect his minutes silence purely because he was a good footballer?

First of all, knowing a lot of Leeds fans as I do then I know that the morons are in the minority at Elland Rd.

Wayne Rooney hasn't got half the talent that George had.
Don't believe all you read about George. Yes he hit his wife once, and I would never ever stand up for a wife beater, but it wasn't a consistent thing. Anyone can fall by the wayside once.
He had a drink problem. His mother died of alcolholism so it was probably genetic but in the main he was a very loveable and generous man. I don't think the same can be said for Rooney.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Yorkie said:
Yes he hit his wife once, and I would never ever stand up for a wife beater, but it wasn't a consistent thing. Anyone can fall by the wayside once.

Best told a Parkinson audience that he saw nothing wrong in giving a woman a slap every once in a while. Of course, he was bolloxed as usual when he said it, but that was good old Bestie for you.

He also served time for assault.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I completely condone what the Leeds fans did. They hate United and he was a United legend, nowt wrong with it IMO.

''The wheels on the bus go 'round, round BUMP''.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Yorkie said:
First of all, knowing a lot of Leeds fans as I do then I know that the morons are in the minority at Elland Rd.

Wayne Rooney hasn't got half the talent that George had.
Don't believe all you read about George. Yes he hit his wife once, and I would never ever stand up for a wife beater, but it wasn't a consistent thing. Anyone can fall by the wayside once.
He had a drink problem. His mother died of alcolholism so it was probably genetic but in the main he was a very loveable and generous man. I don't think the same can be said for Rooney.

Hitting a woman once is enough, so if it was a consistent thing it'd be different, gee? That's like saying a 70 year old man only had sex with a 10 year old girl once.

Best -

Driving while intoxicated. Twice
Failure to appear in court
Assault (1984, 2003 twice and 2005)

I must have missed the bits when Rooney pulled half Bests shit.

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I completely condone what the Leeds fans did. They hate United and he was a United legend, nowt wrong with it IMO.

Sorry mate I don't agree with you there. I'm a Leeds fan. I hate Man U with a passion. But if I respect a person enough I will always respect their minutes silence regardless of their team e.g. Matt Busby.

Every club is going to have a minority of supporters who are going to ruin the name of their club. It is part and parcel of football. We just need to accept it.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
expected nothing else really!

and the scousers and man city fans.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
robbied69 said:
Sorry mate I don't agree with you there. I'm a Leeds fan. I hate Man U with a passion. But if I respect a person enough I will always respect their minutes silence regardless of their team e.g. Matt Busby.

To be fair we did ruin his silence as well. Though that more a dig at the Fa than Busby/Man Utd.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
ChapmansThe Saviour said:

That was at Blackburn and there was a again a PL minute silence for Busby (see the Man Utd theme...). and the Leeds fans sang "There's only one Don Revie" through Busbys silence. Seems true greats aren't worthy of a silence.

We were castigated like this then as well.

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
As a matter of interest, visiting Sunderland fans heckled throughout the minute's silence that was staged at Ninian Park for John Charles. Sunderland issued an apology afterwards.

No nationwide silence for the great Charles - a superb player, a real gentleman and a wonderful ambassador for the British game. But then he was a Welshman who played for Leeds and Cardiff, so I suppose he wasn't deemed worthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here