Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lastnights west stand upper expiereince (views from a WSL season ticket holder)

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
You only sing we`re the west stand Brighton boys when prompted by us in the north, quite sad realy,can you sing something else on Saturday.

Hmmm Seagulls, Albion, GOSBTS, We're the West Stand... have you only got one finger to count with?

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
Sounds like bliss to me and the best way to watch a game. Looks like I may have chosen the wrong stand. Happily swap a few foul mouthed 40+ year olds for a few miserable farts.

Dont get me wrong i like the closeness of packed out away games and swearing is part of football, but when you are calling people CNUTS for minding their own business and also supporting the same team then im a little confused.

Like i said great view but it was just this "group" that were annoying me. That said i was a little unwell and could just of been getting annoyed for no reason

Ozymandias86

Jun 24, 2011
Kanazawa
All jokes aside I think we all are, it's class that 99% of people seem very happy where they are and long may it continue, weve all waited so long for this and we ALL love our seats, exactly how it should be.

Yep - I'm over the moon with my East seat - great view and really enjoy being that close to the players (row 12, about 3 rows off halfway). Nooney's one in particular who reacts to the interaction with fans - not saying that's any different to WSL, but I haven't sat there. I know ST holders in North, WSL and WSU and each one waxes lyrically about their seats! And I think they're all probably right to! I want to check out WSU in particular - I'll attempt to for R3 I think.

AND the atmosphere in the East is getting better - hard to judge on last night (gutted the only 'EAST STAND, EAST STAND, GIVE US A SONG' response we could muster was 'ALLLLL-BI-ONNNNNNN, ALLLLL-BI-ONNNNN' haha - but there were many ST holders missing), but Blackpool saw a pretty decent response! Albeit missing the first 'pool goal in the process but I can cope with that...

Ozymandias86

Jun 24, 2011
Kanazawa
... Nooney can "hear me" - right! shouting "get in there son". From row G...

I don't think he reacts to individual chants, but the sight and sound of a lower tier shouting 'NOOOOOONEEEEEY' in unison must have some effect! And that's not to diminish the effect of the whole Amex singing it - no wonder he's playing with so much confidence!

Grapes of Wrath

Nov 1, 2009
Worthing
Dont get me wrong i like the closeness of packed out away games and swearing is part of football, but when you are calling people CNUTS for minding their own business and also supporting the same team then im a little confused.

Like i said great view but it was just this "group" that were annoying me. That said i was a little unwell and could just of been getting annoyed for no reason

Ah Bless! Get well soon fella

Grapes of Wrath

Nov 1, 2009
Worthing
Is it just me then because where I sit in the WSL South End, whilst I can clearly hear the North Stand singing, I'm not convinced that i can hear the WSU. Having sat up in my other seat in the middle of the WSU for the Gillingham game, it was certainly good and noisy.

Just the way the sound carries I suppose, acoustics and all that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here