Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lastnights west stand upper expiereince (views from a WSL season ticket holder)

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
All this stuff about the atmosphere rocking, the atmos wasnt all that great in WSU lastnight, granted it's a little better than WSL, but it usually spreads down to us Lower boys anyhow....it just doesnt get started there.

I was thinking about when Palace\Millwall\Saints\Pompey come to town, you cant have proper banter with away fans when your in the Upper, thats for sure.

I agree about the panoramic view being better for viewing the game for tactical reasons, but actually watching the game and being involved, WSL must take it as your not up 100 feet in the air!

Jan 30, 2008
Errr you mean describing the different aspect view/atmosphere (as was the OP's thread point) is missing the point? Care to explain the point then?
yeah , what happens when you lose the buzz , who are you going to turn to for inspiration , ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL IN OUR NECK OF THE WOODS :thumbsup:

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Im in the WSU block G row X which is one row from the back. I have to take tissues with me after walking up the stairs to stem my nose bleed. It also comes in handy for when my ears bleed with the immense noise that is generated. Finally, the tissue comes in handy for after we have scored but thats just to clean up a different mess. WSU till I die im afraid.

Jan 30, 2008
All this stuff about the atmosphere rocking, the atmos wasnt all that great in WSU lastnight, granted it's a little better than WSL, but it usually spreads down to us Lower boys anyhow....it just doesnt get started there.

I was thinking about when Palace\Millwall\Saints\Pompey come to town, you cant have proper banter with away fans when your in the Upper, thats for sure.

I agree about the panoramic view being better for viewing the game for tactical reasons, but actually watching the game and being involved, WSL must take it as your not up 100 feet in the air!
proper banter , care to enlighten us ???

Jan 30, 2008
Im in the WSU block G row X which is one row from the back. I have to take tissues with me after walking up the stairs to stem my nose bleed. It also comes in handy for when my ears bleed with the immense noise that is generated. Finally, the tissue comes in handy for after we have scored but thats just to clean up a different mess. WSU till I die im afraid.
sounds serious , get a blood pressure monitor

Fur Cough

You must have a really loud voice if you can have banter with the away fans from your seat in the centre of WSL as you said it was.

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
I am a front row St holder in WSU , and went in the north stand last night directly under the TV screen.

I f***ing hated it, the view was ok, but not the people (directly in my area anyway). Two 40+ year old guys calling everyone CNUTS for no reason, smoking and singing out of tune plus a group of teenagers, who again didnt know any songs and were just trying to look "cool" by taking off their tops to wave them about, only to unleash a huge amount of B.O.

Not great and i prefered the view from upstairs

Jan 30, 2008
I am a front row St holder in WSU , and went in the north stand last night directly under the TV screen.

I f***ing hated it, the view was ok, but not the people (directly in my area anyway). Two 40+ year old guys calling everyone CNUTS for no reason, smoking and singing out of tune plus a group of teenagers, who again didnt know any songs and were just trying to look "cool" by taking off their tops to wave them about, only to unleash a huge amount of B.O.

welcome to the real world :facepalm:

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
You must have a really loud voice if you can have banter with the away fans from your seat in the centre of WSL as you said it was.

Banter can be carried out in different ways.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Summing up, If you like a group atmosphere but your individuel screams go un-heard by the ref or support of the boys then the WSU is the place to be.

If you like your view to be really really high up & far from the actual pitch but your panoramic view is good and you like seeing the South Downs then the WSU is the place to be.

If you cant afford a gym membership and love a good Saturday afternoon workout & take on the 5 flight step challenge, then the WSU is the place to be.

If you dont want to be close to the lads being able to see and hear Poyet & Oatway going mental then the WSU is the place to be.

Sorted!

Jan 30, 2008
Summing up, If you like a group atmosphere but your individuel screams go un-heard by the ref or support of the boys then the WSU is the place to be.

If you like your view to be really really high up & far from the actual pitch but your panoramic view is good and you like seeing the South Downs then the WSU is the place to be.

If you cant afford a gym membership and love a good Saturday afternoon workout & take on the 5 flight step challenge, then the WSU is the place to be.

If you dont want to be close to the lads being able to see and hear Poyet & Oatway going mental then the WSU is the place to be.

Sorted!
so to sum it up you best stay where you are :wrong:

Grapes of Wrath

Nov 1, 2009
Worthing

Sounds like bliss to me and the best way to watch a game. Looks like I may have chosen the wrong stand. Happily swap a few foul mouthed 40+ year olds for a few miserable farts.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
so to sum it up you best stay where you are :wrong:

All jokes aside I think we all are, it's class that 99% of people seem very happy where they are and long may it continue, weve all waited so long for this and we ALL love our seats, exactly how it should be.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
The atmosphere is immense in central WSU, that's for sure, and the view is fantastic. Will have to check out WSL at some point, can't really compare until then...

You only sing we`re the west stand Brighton boys when prompted by us in the north, quite sad realy,can you sing something else on Saturday.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
WSL STH here .. I think I'd prefer the distance from upstairs more than the fact that Nooney can "hear me" - right!) shouting "get in there son". From row G - just to the right of Gus (that's gotta be worth a few bob)I'm unable to see the play once it gets anywhere near the North/East quadrant. So if anyone has a desire to smell our greats as they trot past and have a little convo with them when things calm down or catch the camera man's eye then let me know and I'll maybe swap

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here