Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lastnights west stand upper expiereince (views from a WSL season ticket holder)

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
The only thing i wonder about is what The West Stand looks like from the East, I have a mate over there and he says its a fantastic sight.

Was in East stand last night due to taking friends and family although my ST is in the WSU.

I could write a substantial amount on the subject but choose not to do so as it would just start a tit for tat situation.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Am I the only one to mention this but when the whole of the WSU gets going the noise level actually makes yours ears ache and the view is tremendous.

Without a shadow of a doubt! It is literally deafening at times. Brilliant. Like most people on here, I wouldn't give up my Block G view for the world - reckon I'll be there or the next 20yrs!

cyanide-sid

May 20, 2010
Worthing
WSU cental block just behind the gantry.Flipping love it and on an aisle so after 4 or 5 pints I can get to the toilet and back in a minute.
And can just about hit Jim D and Peanutroaster with an empty pie box if I try.

3 more sleeps to Posh.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
my ST is in the East stand and for the 2 cup games to date i have been more thn happy to keep my normal seat...i love the position i have of watching the game..love the view of the west stand which is immense and ye during the cup games the atmosphere in the east isent tht brill..it is has been fine for the 2 league games..and the noise from the west/north carries well...each to there own.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So EVERYONE made the perfect seat choice and wouldn't change it for the world? That's a bit of luck. :thumbsup:

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Give us a clue then?

Precisely what I didn't want to do as starts a them and us thing.

The View of the match from Upper West is magnificent and beats the view from the East by miles but the 'view' from the East (ie leaving aside the match) is better because there is the background of the entire West Stand which looks magnificent and which is better than the view of the East Stand (yawn) from the West Stand but, of course when the upper East Stand is developed the perspective may change again.

Then you can add the cries from the East Stand that it is wonderful to be sitting in the sunshine, or, we are suffering from sunstroke (had this already) or the sun is in our eyes. Those in the West stand saying it is cool in here because there is no sunshine, needed to put on a sweater at half time etc., and so it goes !

Perhaps we may have a lot of people wishing to change at the end of the season ?

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
now done WSU, WSL, WSU, East and North in that order, narrowly missing the full set in the SCC due to family commitments.

My verdict?
WSU - view 9, atmosphere 7
WSL - view 7, atmosphere 5
East - view 7, atmosphere 4
North - view 5, atmosphere 10 (reminded me of Brentford away)

Make that WSU the winner.

Fur Cough

So EVERYONE made the perfect seat choice and wouldn't change it for the world? That's a bit of luck. :thumbsup:

I would, as I said earlier in this thread I would have prefered to be the centre of the WSU and at the front, but I'm at the side and half way up, if it gets any better than the seat ive got I would orgasm every time I took my seat.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I've been in both WSU and WSL, I preferred the atmosphere in the WSU, but liked the view better in the WSL (bit closer to the action).

Grapes of Wrath

Nov 1, 2009
Worthing

Sadly not, there are a few older people behind us in the WSL who have already moaned to stewards about excessive standing and choice language.

Certainly I'm not aware of excessive standing, but when the people in front jump up as happens when something exciting occurs, so do most people behind and so on and so forth.

As for swearing, I don't personally notice it. For f*cks sake its a football match!

Jan 30, 2008
Sadly not, there are a few older people behind us in the WSL who have already moaned to stewards about excessive standing and choice language.

Certainly I'm not aware of excessive standing, but when the people in front jump up as happens when something exciting occurs, so do most people behind and so on and so forth.

As for swearing, I don't personally notice it. For f*cks sake its a football match!
that's disappointing to hear mate , maybe the old fogeys will do one next season, just carry on regardless :thumbsup:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Had a seat for one game in the WSL, didn't like it, to low down and you don't get a feel for the all round game. And anyway my ST about 4 rows from the back, central WSU, rocks with atmosphere, you need the buzz as part of the overall experience.

Jan 30, 2008
Had a seat for one game in the WSL, didn't like it, to low down and you don't get a feel for the all round game. And anyway my ST about 4 rows from the back, central WSU, rocks with atmosphere, you need the buzz as part of the overall experience.
you're missing the point :whistle:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here