Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lastnights west stand upper expiereince (views from a WSL season ticket holder)

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
You've gotta give us more than that! What was wrong with the North Stand? I'm a row H-er too by the way, so you must be just along from me.

We are in rows C and D to the right of entrance H.

I'm not going to whinge about the North Stand experience... it just isn't for me, or certainly not on a regular basis anyway.

Jul 7, 2003
swindon, wilts
I haven't been anywhere but WSU and don't think i really want to.

View is superb, atmosphere electric, bars ok for a stadium, what more can I ask for?

Must agree. I'm on the halfway line in Row K. Keeps me fit with the stairs!!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Our seats are in WSU, front of H, edge of penalty box, north end... yesterday we were at the back of North Stand, under the big screen.

It is a totally different experience - and not one I will be repeating soon.

I wouldn't mind trying the back few rows of WSL or the East Stand some time.

One thing is certain... the West Stand looks ENORMOUS from down there!

Whats the prob their then ? From WSU the North stand is decent. Good noise throughout. Would love to experience the away end to see what it sounds like to them. When the WSU and North are in harmony it must really really crack out. If we were premier league the press would be licking our arse about the atmosphere. No suprise every manager to be here has commented on it. Better than I ever dreamed it would be to be honest.

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
My family has season tickets in both WSU and WSL. I have tried both. I must admit that for the veiw WSL (row Z) is my preferred seat as I find WSU too far away from the action. However, WSU concourse wins over WSL hands down. Far better atmosphere and windows!!!!!!!!!!!

mikes smalls

Dec 13, 2006
Isleworth
So, just in case anyone can´t be bothered to read the whole thread, everyone thinks that their seat is the best and the WSU is further away from the pitch than the WSL.
I'm glad we got that one sorted out!

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
am WSU and the the view is terrific. have been in the East stand as well for the Gillingham game and it was excellent too. Close to the pitch - canlisten to the players swearing at easch other! get a good feel for the pace of the game and the physical nature but not the tactics that you get from being as high ans we are in WSU. All in all I nejoyed the change of view ( looking at a pretty full west stand bright a tear to the eye) - felt like bing in the paddock in the old West Stand at the Goldstone (except that its more comfortable) and its got poetry in the concourse!

Last edited:

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
The only thing i wonder about is what The West Stand looks like from the East, I have a mate over there and he says its a fantastic sight.

First time I've sat anywhere other than WSU, and I was BLOWN away by it...

(click for fullsize - sorry for blur, taken on my phone!)

Fur Cough

So, just in case anyone can´t be bothered to read the whole thread, everyone thinks that their seat is the best and the WSU is further away from the pitch than the WSL.
I'm glad we got that one sorted out!

No actually, ideally I would liked to have been further towards the centre and front of WSU but alas by the time i got my season ticket these were already fully taken.

You are however correct that WSU is indeed further away from than WSL.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
My family has season tickets in both WSU and WSL. I have tried both. I must admit that for the veiw WSL (row Z) is my preferred seat as I find WSU too far away from the action. However, WSU concourse wins over WSL hands down. Far better atmosphere and windows!!!!!!!!!!!

but no poetry, like there is in the east stand!

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Toyed with trying the north last night but I just couldn't do it, I intend to sit in my seat for every single game in row o west upper block c. I just love being there, great view, fantastic atmosphere and a decent bunch around us.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
I am right at the back in WSU and have to say I wouldn't change this for the world. I can't see the expression on the player's faces or hear what they shout, but the view I get of the stadium, the atmosphere up there and the 'tactical' view of the game are brilliant. I'd love to try other areas of the ground, but I don't have a word of complaint about the view.

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.
I have a season ticket in block C of WSU, dithered about whether I was going to the game last night, by the time I had made up my mind my seats had gone so I got tickets for me & the lad in the North Stand. My experience was it was OK, I was not too far away from the "singers" in C block. To be fair there was a bloke in there giving it absolutely everything at every opportune moment to get everyone going, it was just the others around him that were letting the side down, trying to sing songs completely out of tune and context to the game, and constantly refering to Sunderland fans as Geordies! I suppose i remember the North Stand at the Goldstone too much! Good view though, but on a personal note prefer the WSU.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
[MENTION=13091]sam86[/MENTION] - fantastic picture chap :thumbsup: New desktop wallpaper

generation x

its in the blood
Nov 24, 2007
WSU is the best view in the ground. IMHO anyone who says different either ain't experienced it or is in denial that they made a mistake with their ST choice. Fantastic atmosphere in the Upper as well. Just those bloody stairs.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I have no ST so no loyalty to any part of the stadium..

was in the southern end of East (block H) for Donny, and near the front centre of WSU for Gillingham. I have to say that the atmosphere was substantially better in the east than in the wsu, but surely that is a reflection of the differences between the two games. View obviously better in the wsu, but I also agree that at times you feel distant. Its like you're peering down on all the fans in all four low stands, looking in from the outside, whereas when in the east with the big stand towering over you, you feel part of the cauldron.

WSL on saturday and I reckon this will be the best of the lot, in the corner between the singers in North and WSU should be NOISY!

Magicman

Jul 19, 2011
Elm Grove
My son and i have S/T in the front row of the East stand (Block F) and up until last night have watched every home game from there. The view of the West is amazing from the east and we do feel very close to the action (cos we are i spose) We have been lucky with the weather so far but we know we will be getting very wet one day soon.
Last night we transferred our seats to the West Upper , and WOW !! The view is fantastic , atmosphere amazing and it was much easier to see the overall tactics of both teams.
As well as my son i had his twin sister there last night (both 7) and they both loved it , their view was obstructed at times when we all stood and the language was a bit "choice" at times , but as a realist i expected both to happen and it certainly did not spoil our evening one iota. In fact it has created me several problems now....
1. My son now wants to sit in the Upper West all the time .
2. My daughter (her first match) wants to come to every game. (only have the 2 S/T's)
3. They both learnt some new "songs" which i fear they are going to relate to whole playground.

I think i am going to have to get my them to share the S/T and go to alternate games .... kids eh ? :rolleyes:

bpbill

Jul 13, 2011
I have no ST so no loyalty to any part of the stadium..

was in the southern end of East (block H) for Donny, and near the front centre of WSU for Gillingham. I have to say that the atmosphere was substantially better in the east than in the wsu, but surely that is a reflection of the differences between the two games. View obviously better in the wsu, but I also agree that at times you feel distant. Its like you're peering down on all the fans in all four low stands, looking in from the outside, whereas when in the east with the big stand towering over you, you feel part of the cauldron.

WSL on saturday and I reckon this will be the best of the lot, in the corner between the singers in North and WSU should be NOISY!

I've done exactly the same East for Donny WSU for Gill's and on Saturday will be WSL and totally agree with what you say. About the view though from the East the sight of a rocking stadium is immense, but for sheer view of the football the WSU was better.

After Saturday will see if I make my home in the East or WSL.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here