Keith Cuss : Man City

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
west stand between the main stand and the north corner

he's right, it was in front of where the lego stand used to be. the fact that it was gone allowed the ball to go over all of the spectators and and keep rolling.

i remember it well and discussed it with his son on the monday as he used to go to my school. if i remember rightly he got banned as a result of the complaint from Man City and someone else gave him a seat in the West Stand for the remainder of the season which have only been about another 2 games. i think the whole incident was compounded by the fact that Man City had missed a penalty only a few minutes earlier.

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
It was the first game I remember going to in the North Stand with my dad. Great memories.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
As others have said, definitely West Stand. I was in the South West corner at the back so didn't see it but got told about it by others as we left.

Talking of ballboy incidents there was one a few years back by block H at Withdean where Tommy Fraser screamed blue murder at a ballboy for giving a ball back too promptly to the opposition who then scored a last minute equaliser. Or am I imagining that?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
As others have said, definitely West Stand. I was in the South West corner at the back so didn't see it but got told about it by others as we left.

Talking of ballboy incidents there was one a few years back by block H at Withdean where Tommy Fraser screamed blue murder at a ballboy for giving a ball back too promptly to the opposition who then scored a last minute equaliser. Or am I imagining that?

Can't remember which players went crazy at the little chap, but I wouldn't be surprised.

It was against Northampton. Hinshelwood launched it in to the nature reserve. Whilst he was admiring the Olympic distance of his smash, a ball boy recycled another one and the Cobblers snatched a late equaliser to make it 2-2.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Even Gary Nelson remembers (from Twitter)

#Bhafc v man city at Goldstone '88 Our 40 something ball boy got sacked for back-heading ball into crowd in last minute! We won 2-1!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
That was actually me, and it was the east terrace near the northstand, and it was against wimbledon. I hit the ball back to Dave Beasant, and he called me a "stupid little C##t" It was a quality pass aswell !

As we walked off he was laughing about it and asked me if I wanted his gloves. Keith Cuss walked round to me and told me not to do it again !!!!

Everytime I would run across the pitch at Halftime the whole Northstand would chant "ball boy give us a wave ball, boy ball boy give us a wave.....I obliged .

Quality :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports