Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Keith Cuss : Man City

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
A pedant writes ...

Actually it wasn't the West Stand, it was that bit between where the West Stand ended and the North West corner began. 100% definite.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
A pedant writes ...

Actually it wasn't the West Stand, it was that bit between where the West Stand ended and the North West corner began. 100% definite.

This is better a bit of wriggle room for me. Bet null and void as it was neither. Top pedantry. Either that or double or quits.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Defo North West terrace..

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Yep. In front of the West Stand extension. And you remember who the City player was that went mad at him?

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Defo right in front of the lego stand on the West side of the ground (no wriggle room for your bet I'm afraid.)

Not so much a flick as a good old-fashioned back-header for maximum distance.

Keith was in the Supporters club team which secured 7th place in Paris in 1985 in a European tournament. We lost to Ajax on penalties in the quarters.

PG

Anyone here help settle a bet?

Back at the Goldstone, our oversized and overaged ball boy, Keith Cuss, decided that rather than return the ball to the onrushing Man City player he would do a rather skillful back flick header into the stand.

Here's the bet : Did he head it back into the East or the West Stand?

Definitely West - if he had managed to flick it into the East Stand that would have been some header as he was sitting next to the dugout.

I was there, can I count this as a memorable sporting moment that I have witnessed?

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
He lived in Burgess Hill at the time, his son was year above me at school, he(son) got mixed reactions on the monday.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
This is better a bit of wriggle room for me. Bet null and void as it was neither. Top pedantry. Either that or double or quits.

If you are trying to get out of it that way then your arguement is seriously flawed as you claim he headed it into the East Stand. Went to the Goldstone for nigh on 20 years and cannot for the life of me recall an East Stand! There was of course a terrace followed by a pile of crumbling concrete but, alas as far as you are concerned, no stand.

Exiled in Indooroopilly

I found this spoon sir
Feb 12, 2009
Definitely west as can remember being in usual position in the north stand and looking to my right!!

Think KC did get the sack for the incident? Seem to recall it was an evening game and that we won a couple of impressive games under the floodlights around that time. Could be wrong.

Remember the pressure being intense as we defended deeply, 2-1 up, and the whole incident was just pure class.

(Tinted rose spectacle alert) Can almost feel the atmosphere just thinking about it......................

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Definitely west as can remember being in usual position in the north stand and looking to my right!!

Think KC did get the sack for the incident? Seem to recall it was an evening game and that we won a couple of impressive games under the floodlights around that time. Could be wrong.

Remember the pressure being intense as we defended deeply, 2-1 up, and the whole incident was just pure class.

(Tinted rose spectacle alert) Can almost feel the atmosphere just thinking about it......................

Yeah he got sacked.. it was a saturday pm game though, and the brothers Gallagher were in the away end.. with their banana balloons. Rock & Roll..

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
If you are trying to get out of it that way then your arguement is seriously flawed as you claim he headed it into the East Stand. Went to the Goldstone for nigh on 20 years and cannot for the life of me recall an East Stand! There was of course a terrace followed by a pile of crumbling concrete but, alas as far as you are concerned, no stand.

The East STAND got shitter and shitter as the years progressed. I think they sectioned some of it after a well known poster on here went arse over tit.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Seem to remember an Ian Brightwell headed own goal in the south gave us the points that April afternoon. City still went up (behind champions Chelsea), and we stayed up. EVERYONE was a winner.

(apart from poor old Keith)

Christ, was that really 20 years ago !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here