Keith Cuss : Man City

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Was that Gordon(?) Lucking who wanted to invest in the club but was turned down, so put money in Palace instead.

It was Gordon. His son Adrian runs Dinkychino, a mobile coffee sales thing at Durrington station. He's sadly Palace through and through now.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
wish i had seen this,

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
Thanks for the background info Kieron. Will be travelling to London from Durrington next Thursday and might otherwise have given this infidel some business. Will forego a morning coffee now on a point of principle.

Happy memories of that game. Beating Charlton 7-0 at the Goldstone in 83 (5nil up at half time) is another that sticks in the memory. Sure for every highlight there is a miserable draw/defeat but happily I have selective memory.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Anyone here help settle a bet?

Back at the Goldstone, our oversized and overaged ball boy, Keith Cuss, decided that rather than return the ball to the onrushing Man City player he would do a rather skillful back flick header into the stand.

Here's the bet : Did he head it back into the East or the West Stand?

I remember it well....yes the West stand.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
was that against brentford ??

It might have been, but I'm struggling to remember the details here.

I think we played at Bracknell one year and Bristol the next. Or something like that.

I believe Margaret Sanderson was running the Junior Seagulls then.

Being an Albion ballboy at the Goldstone was fantastic... :clap::ascarf:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I was a ball boy back then too. And Margaret Sanderson - there's a blast from the past. She was great to me. Often used to stand next to her in the East Stand as a kid - had a lot to do with turning me into an Albion nut!

Oh.. nobody seems bothered about the Man City player that had a go at Keith Cuss.. fair enough... but it's always sruck in my mind because I'm pretty sure it was Tommy Caton, who sadly died very young.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
While I think of it, is anyone going to own up to being the ball boy who ran on the pitch and passed the ball back to the keeper (Perry Digweed?) before it had crossed the goal-line?

Right in front of the North Stand. Pretty sure it was against Wimbledon and they got an indirect free-kick.....

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
It might have been, but I'm struggling to remember the details here.

I think we played at Bracknell one year and Bristol the next. Or something like that.

I believe Margaret Sanderson was running the Junior Seagulls then.

Being an Albion ballboy at the Goldstone was fantastic... :clap::ascarf:

It was at Bracknell. Those events were great fun.

I always used to love Ball Boying the reserve games as we used to have a kickabout on the pitch at half time.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
While I think of it, is anyone going to own up to being the ball boy who ran on the pitch and passed the ball back to the keeper (Perry Digweed?) before it had crossed the goal-line?

Right in front of the North Stand. Pretty sure it was against Wimbledon and they got an indirect free-kick.....

Don't remember that. Shouldn't it be a drop-ball?

Squeeze

Sep 28, 2009
I might be wrong but I thought he lived in Hurstpierpoint. If it's who I think it was, he'd be about 40/41 now...

I saw Keith last week & it was actually his birthday. He'd love you for saying he is about 40/41 now. I won't tell you how old he is, but he was about that age 20 years ago!
He remembers it well & it was definitely the West stand.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Anyone here help settle a bet?

Back at the Goldstone, our oversized and overaged ball boy, Keith Cuss, decided that rather than return the ball to the onrushing Man City player he would do a rather skillful back flick header into the stand.

Here's the bet : Did he head it back into the East or the West Stand?
west stand between the main stand and the north corner

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
One of our ball boys refused to give the ball back to Man city goalkeeper at Withdean because he swore at him. i think we were one up at this stage? He said say please and you can have your ball back.?

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
I was the mascot for that game! Still proud of my pic with Gary Nelson in the centre circle.

Went in the players lounge after the match and got autographs. Everyone was very friendly except curbishley who was a dick.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Was that the game that curbs hit a penalty a different side than normal had it saved (Paul cooper I think the keeper was)for some reason it was asked to be retaken & scored the retake in his customary manner

Jan 14, 2008
Windsor ontario

That was actually me, and it was the east terrace near the northstand, and it was against wimbledon. I hit the ball back to Dave Beasant, and he called me a "stupid little C##t" It was a quality pass aswell !

As we walked off he was laughing about it and asked me if I wanted his gloves. Keith Cuss walked round to me and told me not to do it again !!!!

Everytime I would run across the pitch at Halftime the whole Northstand would chant "ball boy give us a wave ball, boy ball boy give us a wave.....I obliged .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports