Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Julio Enciso - Paraguay’s new wonder kid (Signed 17/06/2022)

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Vickery doesn’t seem to rate him at all. He did also have some doubts about MacAllister.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Tim Vickery currently on SSN. Mentioning Brighton players, he wasn't surprised Mac is doing well, never had the slightest doubt about Caicedo - but does have doubts about Enciso. Reckons we're buying potential, but nowhere near PL level yet. Another one for the 'Loan out to Belgiun' squad, according to Vickery!

The fact that Both City and Arse were allegedly interested too, means there must be something there potentially. Of course the Paraguay league is a million miles off the PL or even the Belgian Juliper pro League.

Could he be another Caicedo/Ali Mac or another Andi Zeqiri.... Makes sense to run the rule over him in pre season then decide, but at 18 and from a Mickey Mouse league, whatever the potential, the jump to the pace, strength and demands of the PL would seem like one giant leap.

I hope he can, but fancy Belgium or the Championship on loan may well be the next stop on his journey.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The fact that Both City and Arse were allegedly interested too, means there must be something there potentially. Of course the Paraguay league is a million miles off the PL or even the Belgian Juliper pro League.

Could he be another Caicedo/Ali Mac or another Andi Zeqiri.... Makes sense to run the rule over him in pre season then decide, but at 18 and from a Mickey Mouse league, whatever the potential, the jump to the pace, strength and demands of the PL would seem like one giant leap.

I hope he can, but fancy Belgium or the Championship on loan may well be the next stop on his journey.

About a third of this thread is dedicated to Vickery's opinion - which is fair enough, as is the opinion.

He's not going to change it just because the deal is finalized.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The future is SO exciting.

The future is South American!
9994a08f75ef1921154f3c9644234a06.png

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Well, I thought Enciso looked extremely promising in the 45 minutes he played today. Very good at carrying the ball, better still at engineering time/space for himself, very difficult for opponents to read what he's going to do.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Well, I thought Enciso looked extremely promising in the 45 minutes he played today. Very good at carrying the ball, better still at engineering time/space for himself, very difficult for opponents to read what he's going to do.

Agree, but at times a little unaware of options around him, reminded me of Texeira from that perspective.
Hard to believe he’s so young, and I’m sure that aspect of his game will improve - hits a good free kick as well apparently

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Agree, but at times a little unaware of options around him, reminded me of Texeira from that perspective.
Hard to believe he’s so young, and I’m sure that aspect of his game will improve - hits a good free kick as well apparently

I'd agree with that too, and add that he'll need to bulk out to manage the physicality of the PL, but both he and the club will be well aware of that.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Really like the look of Enciso albeit a very brief showing seems to love running past people at pace which combined with Sarmiento gives us some very different options to break teams down.

South American leagues are also very physical so can see him adapting pretty easily to that side of the game here.

Potter seems very happy with him as well so far which means we have serious competition in the forward positions

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Really like the look of Enciso albeit a very brief showing seems to love running past people at pace which combined with Sarmiento gives us some very different options to break teams down.

South American leagues are also very physical so can see him adapting pretty easily to that side of the game here.

Potter seems very happy with him as well so far which means we have serious competition in the forward positions

We do

In effect we're likely to start the season with 4 additional forward options than last season. And we weren't desperately struggling last season.

Undav, Mitoma, Enciso and Sarmiento (well Jeremy returning from injury will be like a new signing).

I also can't help but remember Gross playing some of his best ever football for us at the tail end of last season right up with the attackers.

For the first time in many seasons, we have genuine attacking options .... but will any of these options prove to be compelling?

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Quite a lot of interest in this kid, then?

410,000+ views of this!

https://twitter.com/Libertad_Tweets/status/1545830962428317697?s=20&t=CXUp8MV8w5apzueTdL-Bvg

[tweet]1545830962428317697[/tweet]

"That's the attitude! Don't be afraid of provocations."

Oh, yes! That little tableau speaks volumes. It says he's going toe to toe with the opposition. He won't take any crap.
I'll admit I was a little concerned that he might get knocked off the ball, and he did take a couple of hits early on. But he got up and got on with it.

Very encouraging.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here