Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Julio Enciso - Paraguay’s new wonder kid (Signed 17/06/2022)

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Regardless of spelling ,Enciso was brilliant against Estoril and i would be amazed if we didn`t see him in the first team this season,superb young player.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Regardless of spelling ,Enciso was brilliant against Estoril and i would be amazed if we didn`t see him in the first team this season,superb young player.

In fact, I'll by jolly disappointed if he isn't in the 1st team squad from August! The club have bigged him up from the beginning (and that's fine, he's good) - he's always spot-lighted in the training videos, and in his performances in the friendlies. If they send him out on loan now I reckon a lot of fans will be a bit upset.

TugWilson

Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
In fact, I'll by jolly disappointed if he isn't in the 1st team squad from August! The club have bigged him up from the beginning (and that's fine, he's good) - he's always spot-lighted in the training videos, and in his performances in the friendlies. If they send him out on loan now I reckon a lot of fans will be a bit upset.

He will definitely give a few defenders the run around:smile:

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

Whilst I agree with you overall, I hope the club decide his next move (either to stay in the first team here or be loaned out) based on the best outlook for his overall development, rather than with the mood of the fans in mind. Based on some of the absolute nonsense posted on here from time to time (of which I’m just as guilty as anyone else), can you imagine some of the decisions that would be made based on fan sentiment?! We’d be through about half a dozen managers per season.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Similar to a few others a loan somewhere in Europe and a recall in January might not be the worst arrangement

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Similar to a few others a loan somewhere in Europe and a recall in January might not be the worst arrangement

If it is to be a loan, would prefer it within the UK -
Easier to follow;
Higher profile;
Benefit of moving to a British environment to acclimatise.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands

Personally think it will be the other way around. Stay until Jan to allow the club to help in settle in to a new country, new way of playing etc then assess and loan out in Jan if more game time is needed.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Whilst I agree with you overall, I hope the club decide his next move (either to stay in the first team here or be loaned out) based on the best outlook for his overall development, rather than with the mood of the fans in mind. Based on some of the absolute nonsense posted on here from time to time (of which I’m just as guilty as anyone else), can you imagine some of the decisions that would be made based on fan sentiment?! We’d be through about half a dozen managers per season.

I'm sure the club will make a sound decision. But Potter said maybe the club should have played Caicedo earlier...he was more PL ready than they thought at first. That thought may influence their Enciso decision. We'll know soon enough ;)).

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Exactly this.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
With 5 subs this season, a young versatile player has a better chance staying here until the WC and seeing if he can get some minutes. It’s win win as if not then he’ll still have been round the first team squad and settled in the city and club plus we’ll know the type of loan we want him to have. If he plays then I think some other bit part players might be farmed out or sold instead.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

It'd be FLASK MAYHEM.

el punal

Personally think it will be the other way around. Stay until Jan to allow the club to help in settle in to a new country, new way of playing etc then assess and loan out in Jan if more game time is needed.

I agree. Let him settle in socially - with Bruno as his mentor - improve his English, get used to the British way of life and customs and enjoy himself. Better that way than sending him to some grim northerly outpost where English is a second language! :wink:

TugWilson

Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
With 5 subs this season, a young versatile player has a better chance staying here until the WC and seeing if he can get some minutes. It’s win win as if not then he’ll still have been round the first team squad and settled in the city and club plus we’ll know the type of loan we want him to have. If he plays then I think some other bit part players might be farmed out or sold instead.

You make a good point with the 5 subs,he would have had a great chance to come off the bench at 4-0 against Man Utd with half an hour left to show what he has got,with very little pressure on him .If a similar opportunity comes up early in the season it would be a real boost to his belief,and we have the lads in the squad to help him and talk to him .

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I agree. Let him settle in socially - with Bruno as his mentor - improve his English, get used to the British way of life and customs and enjoy himself. Better that way than sending him to some grim northerly outpost where English is a second language! :wink:

Keeping him here is certainly one option, and the club will know what is best - but we have a loan manager, and a full support network - he wouldn't just be dumped hundreds of miles away and left to get on with it. Besides, despite what some people might think, northerly outposts like, say, Bradford, Oldham or Rochdale are not wholly Hindi. Gujerati and Bangladeshi speaking; they speak English there too!

el punal

Keeping him here is certainly one option, and the club will know what is best - but we have a loan manager, and a full support network - he wouldn't just be dumped hundreds of miles away and left to get on with it. Besides, despite what some people might think, northerly outposts like, say, Bradford, Oldham or Rochdale are not wholly Hindi. Gujerati and Bangladeshi speaking; they speak English there too!

Come off it! My comment about English as a second language was a tongue in cheek dig relating to Northern dialect and absolutely nothing to do with how ethnic groups cope with our language - very well I would imagine. :shrug:

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Julio Enciso

Young Julio surely deserves a correctly spelt title to his thread, even if the previous thread was started in honour of NSC's failed spelling bees.
I suspect we're going to be writing plenty about our Paraguayan superstar.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here