[Albion] Julio Enciso - Paraguay’s new wonder kid (Signed 17/06/2022)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We would all love him to slot in like Cucurella did, but at 18, it is unlikely. Caicedo has looked like he has slotted straight in too, but he had been with us over a year and spent time on loan to get there, maybe he didn't need the loan, but he himself has said it was useful.
I don't think Enciso will go on loan this summer, just because we will want to settle him in, work out exactly what it is that needs working on, what his character is like etc. With 5 subs this season, I think he will be on the bench from day 1, get used to being around the rest of the team, match day routine, sound of the Amex crowd etc. and maybe get some minutes at the end of games initially, with those minutes becoming greater if he is looking comfortable, because we have enough talent in the squad to ease him in, and at £10M, he is an investment that we really want to see work out, and not have his confidence shot by being thrown in at the deep end and struggling.

That’s how I see it. Unknown as to whether he’s ‘PL Ready’ at the moment so some weeks will be taken having a good look, with potentially a loan out in the Jan window for the rest of the season to a carefully chosen club that’ll provide the development he needs if he’s not ready. We won’t rush him into action if he’s not ready. Quite simple really.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Naylor reported recently we have an option for 12 months more, so still 18 months effectively.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Oh that is good news if true [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
That’s how I see it. Unknown as to whether he’s ‘PL Ready’ at the moment so some weeks will be taken having a good look, with potentially a loan out in the Jan window for the rest of the season to a carefully chosen club that’ll provide the development he needs if he’s not ready. We won’t rush him into action if he’s not ready. Quite simple really.

Wise words. He's a bit of an unknown. How will he cope in the PL? Study him on the training ground and treat him with kid gloves. Nurture his confidence. Become aware of his strengths and weaknesses. There's no rush. Treat your staff well, and reap the rewards with top drawer players in the future, either in our team or in the sale price (Ben White, Bissouma, Cucurella, Caicedo*).

* When you look at the next potential names on that conveyor belt - Sarmiento, Van Hecke, Kozlowski, Enciso (perhaps in that order), you can't help but think - Wow.

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
Difference is, this guy has already played 1st team, and international..... Connolly was a novice.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

This for me. I’m sure GP will look at him (and others) when pre-season starts, but this guy has been playing first-team competitive football already, so I’d hope he’d be judged on what he does on the pitch in pre-season, and won’t have a loan destination already mapped out.

I’m hoping he’s first team ready, but trust the management team to make the right decisions for the player and the team.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
This for me. I’m sure GP will look at him (and others) when pre-season starts, but this guy has been playing first-team competitive football already, so I’d hope he’d be judged on what he does on the pitch in pre-season, and won’t have a loan destination already mapped out.

I’m hoping he’s first team ready, but trust the management team to make the right decisions for the player and the team.

Would be glad to be wrong, but would be surprised if we see Julio in the first team anytime soon?

Alexis Mac, was playing in the Argentian U21 for years, first team and influential for Boca Juniors the Argentinian champions before he came here, and it still took him a good 6 months of fleeting bit part appearances and ony really established a bit later than that.

It took Caidedo over 6 months in the Belgian league to be up to speed over here. Of course he may buck the trend, but dont personally think we'll see that much except maybe league cup or odd sub run out, this side of Christmas?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I don't think Trossard is going anywhere until after the World Cup.

16 games for albion, World Cup, off for eye watering money in January is my prediction.

I know Tony doesn't like the January window, but this season with the World Cup just before the window seems different - with a lot more players changing teams in Jan ???

unfortunately it wont be eye watering money for us in Dec.

he'll be able to sign a pre contract free, and get an "eye watering" signing on fee for himself.

If we want to cash in and get something decent financially, still think it more likely he'll be sold this summer, but still hope he'll stay and sign here. Not sure hes a guaranteed starter a bit further up the food chain, where he is here. He's playing every week and in the Belgium squad here?

Its the hope.......!

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

he'll be able to sign a pre contract free, and get an "eye watering" signing on fee for himself.

If we want to cash in and get something decent financially, still think it more likely he'll be sold this summer, but still hope he'll stay and sign here. Not sure hes a guaranteed starter a bit further up the food chain, where he is here. He's playing every week and in the Belgium squad here?

Its the hope.......!

You read the bit about our alleged 1 year extension option?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Its the hope.......!
Don't we have an option to extend for another year?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
You read the bit about our alleged 1 year extension option?

Don't we have an option to extend for another year?

No gents, I didnt!

That does change the dynamics. I thought he was off next summer too, like Biss if not flogged.

Then waiting till after world cup would make sense.

thanks for pointing it out

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Am I imagining it, or is there a minor undercurrent of unease about Julio, with posters almost wanting him to be a loan out, not as good as expected, player? Almost in the Percy Tau mode.
All indications are that he is for the first team squad, especially with 5 subs and an increased number on the bench.

Obviously he has to prove himself in preseason, but lets give him and the club the benefit of any doubt here, and assume that the scouts and recruiters have got it right and we have , if not an immediate Cucurella style introduction to First Team football, a impressive youngster ready to make tr it in the Premier League. We have all been saying for several seasons, why don't wee recruit for the first team rather than immediate loans, well with Cucurella we have, and perhaps with Julio we have as well

I think it's more to do with us fans accepting the new normal.

The kidz are sent away to toughen up.
Those that return are expected to have benefited from the experience and be EPL ready.

It's no wonder some fans feel left behind, as apparent by the incredibly low valuations of current players.

For nearly 40 years of my supporterdom saying 'we're spending £10m on a player for the future' is as alien as saying 'that bloke Stat is fun and interesting'.

There's just no tangible foundation for making such a comment.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
If you're good enough, you're old enough. Pre-season will decide.

It's also worth remembering that in their first years as BHA players, often out on loan, White, Bissouma, Trossard, Caicedo, Sanchez, AliMac and Mwepu weren't automatic starters, and in most cases didn't even look like the players they have now become.

Most really good things take a bit of time to mature :wink:

el punal

I think you're right. From the beginning I've felt that Encisco is a Trossard replacement, either this Summer (if Tross goes), or later, or squad rotation. If Tross is staying then Encisco might go to Belgium for 6 months. GP did say that the club will now help him settle into Brighton and Hove...I wonder if that's a hint he'll be in the squad.

Um . . . Enciso? :cheers:

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Running this via a translation app, he certainly sounds confident and really positive about playing.
What a great bit of naff daytime chat guff. They covered a lot of ground in the discussion especially when they joined in from the studio. It seemed to have room to discuss more than just 'Julio has signed for Brighton in the Premier League!'. It appears from Paraguay that it's big news, a £10 million pound injection into the country (Although I assume it'll only be a few that see most of that money before it ends up in the Virgin Islands). And Julio just joined the 1 percent. The video that followed it has him telling his story, including wanting to buy his parents their own home - meanwhile he's doing tricks outside their crappy tin shack. I hope he's a massive success.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports