[Albion] Julio Enciso - Paraguay’s new wonder kid (Signed 17/06/2022)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Running this via a translation app, he certainly sounds confident and really positive about playing.

Fair play to the app for understanding him. The others were pretty clear but he was a real struggle due to the accent and, presumably, his shyness. Seems like a nice kid though.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
We all wish him the best and I hope he becomes another Brighton Diamond we've unearthed and can improve to become World Class. I feel we're going to become one of those clubs who are very good at it.

Question : would you get those lugs pinned back to gain him half a yard of pace :cute:

Welcome to Brighton Julio. Score some goals!

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
We all wish him the best and I hope he becomes another Brighton Diamond we've unearthed and can improve to become World Class. I feel we're going to become one of those clubs who are very good at it.

Question : would you get those lugs pinned back to gain him half a yard of pace :cute:

Welcome to Brighton Julio. Score some goals!

Yep. How much can a quick lug-pinning procedure cost anyway? I reckon PL defenders will target them. My money's on Kyle Walker, after Julio has skinned him.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
I think he's harder to understand because his first language is Guaraní, that's what they implied in the marina interview. Not sure Bruno can help with that, but I assume his Spanish will do.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
I think he's harder to understand because his first language is Guaraní, that's what they implied in the marina interview. Not sure Bruno can help with that, but I assume his Spanish will do.

My Guarani is a bit rusty but I'm pretty sure that when asked about how he felt to be in Brighton he replied ..." It's is fantastic , i am so excited to have the opportunity of playing against the world's oldest club on 17th September as The Palace Of Crystal FC are the only thing people talk about back home in Paraguay , si si "

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Every time I see the words Julio Enciso, I seem to read Uncle Pastuzo, Paddington Bear's uncle...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Been given shirt number 19….

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If he's good enough he's old enough. Either straight into first team squad, or far more likely bury him in the stiffs for a season or two, promoting him to the bench (unused) for a couple of games that don't matter, just to tick the boxes and trigger the managerial bonuses

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
If he's good enough he's old enough. Either straight into first team squad, or far more likely bury him in the stiffs for a season or two, promoting him to the bench (unused) for a couple of games that don't matter, just to tick the boxes and trigger the managerial bonuses

What pleasure does writing this tosh bring you? Very odd.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Tim Vickery currently on SSN. Mentioning Brighton players, he wasn't surprised Mac is doing well, never had the slightest doubt about Caicedo - but does have doubts about Enciso. Reckons we're buying potential, but nowhere near PL level yet. Another one for the 'Loan out to Belgium' squad, according to Vickery!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports