[Politics] Johnson press conference at 8

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It's fine, most other people have had them. Why should you bother ?

It's like letting your dog shit in the road, someone else will eventually clear it up.

Quite. I’m pretty sure he’s just another oddball attention seeker. Selfish though.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The booster jab and the 'first jab' are absolutely identical. The only difference is time.

No, the first jab will give you some enhanced protection and three jabs, with the booster at the end, a lot more.

Stop trolling. It's no wonder you get lobbed off these threads.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
something stood out to me in BBC graphic on the news. 40% have had their 3rd jab already, thats covering the at risk groups and well into lower risk groups. so why are we fearing this surge of pressure of NHS, are all the 20-45 yo more likely to get severe case than they were in summer?

No but a lot more of them are going to get it.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
something stood out to me in BBC graphic on the news. 40% have had their 3rd jab already, thats covering the at risk groups and well into lower risk groups. so why are we fearing this surge of pressure of NHS, are all the 20-45 yo more likely to get severe case than they were in summer?

There is no surge on its way.
It won’t arrive. Then Johnson will claim he saved the day, he’s the reason it never came. Trying to claw back popularity. It’ll probably work.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It's fine, most other people have had them. Why should you bother ?

It's like letting your dog shit in the road, someone else will eventually clear it up.

They will continue ad infinitum suggesting through personal choice and liberty they chose not to get vaccinated whilst letting everyone else do it...

.. thus helping to protect them.

Quite hard to find a better definition of selfishness.
Agreed

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
He was sacked twice for lying, blatantly racist, plotted to have a journalist beaten up (on record) wasted millions on fantasy projects like water cannon, and a garden bridge whilst Mayor of London. Married twice, paid for a mistress to have an abortion, and had affairs with other women whilst his second wife was treated for cancer, all before he met Carrie.

I wonder how the press would treat a Labour PM who had lost count of their children and the amount of women they had them with.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Wtf are you on?!? Your posts are all over the place ffs.

Anti-vaxxer who has now seemingly morphed into the self realisation that they are safer because most others took a different view.

Should have been banned months ago. Whatever is going on in their head has no place on here.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I meant physically a person taking his first jab will be taking an identical product to a person taking his third booster jab.

I was talking to a stage 4 very high risk covid colleague on Friday. He says he has to have a third dose before a booster. He is having trouble booking that but that's a different story.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
There is no surge on its way.
It won’t arrive. Then Johnson will claim he saved the day, he’s the reason it never came. Trying to claw back popularity. It’ll probably work.

I'm afraid the surge is here already:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ss1LSwjtrhA

- Dr. John Campbell, health analyst, 10 Dec.

UK Health Security Agency, - 50% of cases here in the UK, will be Omicron by mid-December. By end Dec, there will be 1 million cases.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I wonder how the press would treat a Labour PM who had lost count of their children and the amount of women they had them with.

To be fair, Ken Livingstone had a reasonable hard time on this front. However before he self imploded in a mess of questionable advisors and ill advised Nazi history lessons he hadn't built up an army of slighted ex-lovers, friends and work colleagues.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The booster jab and the 'first jab' are absolutely identical. The only difference is time.

It’s not exactly true. I had my booster Friday and got given a different vaccine from my first 2 jabs. The person administering the jab said this is what they’re doing, giving you a booster that is different from your original jabs. So my booster was not identical to my first jab, it was a different vaccine.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Not necessarily. A lot of people will be having a different vaccine to their original two.

Yep, as posted above, exactly what they told me Friday, they are intentionally giving a different booster vaccine to what you had for your first 2 jabs.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
We really need to give so much credit to the scientists behind the scene who have got us through this pandemic, and continue to. Unsung heroes of the highest order.

The timing of this sudden booster campaign was completely intentional, and it has occurred purely through the advice of our scientists. Have no doubt it was planned with or without the omicron variant.

And of course all of the people who put silly notions of "personal liberty" and "choice" to one side to get vaccinated primarily to protect others.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We really need to give so much credit to the scientists behind the scene who have got us through this pandemic, and continue to. Unsung heroes of the highest order.

The timing of this sudden booster campaign was completely intentional, and it has occurred now purely through the advice of our scientists. Have no doubt it was planned with or without the omicron variant.

Which is why most people are having their jabs - on the advice of the scientists.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports