Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Johnson press conference at 8

D

Deleted member 2719

I usually agree with your posts. However, coming onto the thread and encouraging others to get boosted when he refuses to get vaccinated is trolling. At the very least it’s taking the piss.
However, his post are coming across as if he may have more issues than trolling so I’m going to leave him to his fantastical notions.

His “minority” comment makes me think he has some issues.

I will say, just because two people disagree with him, he’s not getting “double duffed up”, he’s just getting called out.

And don't people just revel in trying and call people out on here with just their instinct and zero fact that backs it up.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Nobody need worry about anybody putting people off the booster up here. Just been for mine and glad I made an appointment. The queue for walk ins is an hour and a half long in time. So many people there I didn’t feel entirely Covid safe which is a little ironic. Seems though that in Birkenhead at least people were listening last night.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Cant complain. People in other countries are probably still waiting to get their first jab. We don't know how lucky we are in this country sometimes.

I think we do, hence our collective willingness to wait in queues or travel to do so to get vaccinated in such large numbers isn't just a credit to authorities administering the jabs, it is a credit to the public at large.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I haven't trawled through the rest of this thread but watching Johnson's broadcast last night made me want to throw something at the tv. The thought of this man having the brass neck to try and tell the country to get the booster jab when he can't even be arsed to wear a mask in a hospital to say nothing of the various covid precaution free "gatherings" that have taken place lately in the environs of Downing Street actually had me shouting "F**k off" at the telly!! It's the utter helplessness that's the killer because there's absolutely nothing we can do to get rid of this odious man.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I haven't trawled through the rest of this thread but watching Johnson's broadcast last night made me want to throw something at the tv. The thought of this man having the brass neck to try and tell the country to get the booster jab when he can't even be arsed to wear a mask in a hospital to say nothing of the various covid precaution free "gatherings" that have taken place lately in the environs of Downing Street actually had me shouting "F**k off" at the telly!! It's the utter helplessness that's the killer because there's absolutely nothing we can do to get rid of this odious man.

Not a fan?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I am registered in Shoreham and my nearest booster jab is Churchill Square that is stupid.

The sooner we get more volunteers and open up the places that can give boosters the better.

It's really not that difficult.

I live in Worthing and managed to find my way to the Brighton Centre for my first two jabs. I don't drive but if you do, there is still free car parking for an hour in Churchill Square orange car park.

There are regular trains and if you have mobility issues, a number 6 will take you from the station to Churchill Square.

You also have the option of the 700 bus service which will drop you off practically outside.

In a world of hardships, getting to Brighton from Shoreham really isn't one of them.

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
A big thank you to [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] for guiding me to Clair Hall where they were taking bookings in person this morning. Everything ran smoothly despite the long queue but the staff were very well organised and friendly. It only took 40 minutes all in all. I owe you a pint mate. :drink:

Booked for Monday 10th January. Plenty of orange juice and mask-wearing before then! Our NHS is simply quite amazing given how many people they have to look after. :thumbsup:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It's really not that difficult.

I live in Worthing and managed to find my way to the Brighton Centre for my first two jabs. I don't drive but if you do, there is still free car parking for an hour in Churchill Square orange car park.

There are regular trains and if you have mobility issues, a number 6 will take you from the station to Churchill Square.

You also have the option of the 700 bus service which will drop you off practically outside.

In a world of hardships, getting to Brighton from Shoreham really isn't one of them.

I left Haywards Heath and got mine a couple of weeks back in Churchill Square and still made the Leeds game all in one afternoon. Admittedly I missed the fireworks and after the game wished I hadn't bothered making the effort but there we go.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1470125812573741077[/tweet]

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
And don't people just revel in trying and call people out on here with just their instinct and zero fact that backs it up.

Well, what one posts on here is all we have to go on 90% of the time. So I suppose the lesson is;

Be mindful of what we post and if one has a thin skin, don’t go ‘a trolling.

You of all people should recognise that.

Wouldn’t you agree, darling?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
. Screenshot_20211213-181937_Facebook.jpg

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
And as if by magic, most the front page headlines today are about the booster programme NOT the Christmas parties. The art of deflection.

You are not suggesting that crashing the NHS website and getting COVID queues snaking all over the country, with very little notice, as the main news item today was in anyway intentional, surely ???

D

Deleted member 2719

Well, what one posts on here is all we have to go on 90% of the time. So I suppose the lesson is;

Be mindful of what we post and if one has a thin skin, don’t go ‘a trolling.

You of all people should recognise that.

Wouldn’t you agree, darling?

My skin is thick, but posters who just hunt down anyone with a differing opinion and then pile in with steel toecaps to the head, just need to be able to stand back and let a fair fight, it's just mob mentality.
I will open up points of views for discussion because this is a forum for discussion as some can only have single vision, all I ask is people consider more lateral thinking.
Some things are just not seen or thought of by some, we are all different. Have I ever verbally abused you personally?
Because I don't do that, what's the point?
I don't know what Mustafa said but I can problem understand why he has gone, it sad way to lose poster IMO.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
My skin is thick, but posters who just hunt down anyone with a differing opinion and then pile in with steel toecaps to the head, just need to be able to stand back and let a fair fight, it's just mob mentality.
I will open up points of views for discussion because this is a forum for discussion as some can only have single vision, all I ask is people consider more lateral thinking.
Some things are just not seen or thought of by some, we are all different. Have I ever verbally abused you personally?
Because I don't do that, what's the point?
I don't know what Mustafa said but I can problem understand why he has gone, it sad way to lose poster IMO.

As you say, you don’t know what he said. He wasn’t abused or bullied. A few posters took exception to his downright selfish attitude to vaccines and his subsequent trolling. Bozza then slung him off the thread.
That could have been the end of it. He decided to flounce.
I hope he changes his mind. As you say, shame to lose a long standing poster.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here