Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Johnson press conference at 8

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Anti-vaxxer who has now seemingly morphed into the self realisation that they are safer because most others took a different view.

Should have been banned months ago. Whatever is going on in their head has no place on here.

Hang on a minute! An Anti-vaxxer should be banned for expressing Anti vaxxer views?

How does that work exactly?

I'm of the personal view that most anti vaxxers are selfish cvnts that are all about personal freedoms and 'rights' but fvck all to do with 'responsibilities' to the rest of society. I have no sympathy with them whatsoever.

But banning them from expressing their views? Isn't that playing right into their hands? Or am I missing something with this particular poster?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The NHS struggles every winter. It will struggle this year more than previous (pre-covid) purely because covid is another antigen to contend with, despite relatively high levels of immunity now.

Omicron means that previously safe vulnerable groups are no longer as safe, even if it is a milder strain.

It’s struggling in large part due to people choosing not to be vaccinated…………whatever their reasons.

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
I'm just over 40 and have found it impossible to book ANYTHING. I don't mind travelling a fair distance but the booking system keeps crashing completely. I'm prepared to wait hours for a booster. My doctor's surgery won't do anything as they've cut ties completely (Northlands Wood for those that live in Haywards Heath)

Now I've f**ked up and I feel vulnerable with an underlying health condition. Bloody hell.

Is anybody else in the same or a similar boat?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm just over 40 and have found it impossible to book ANYTHING. I don't mind travelling a fair distance but the booking system keeps crashing completely. I'm prepared to wait hours for a booster. My doctor's surgery won't do anything as they've cut ties completely (Northlands Wood for those that live in Haywards Heath)

Now I've f**ked up and I feel vulnerable with an underlying health condition. Bloody hell.

Go to Clair Hall for a walk-in……..you’ll probably be accepted

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Well, my booster was booked for end of the month, booked that end of Nov as that was all that was available in Brighton. Anyway, wife checked on Thursday, and suddenly there was loads of appointments, I cancelled my end of the month and got one on Friday, the next day which I just had. Fairly efficient at Churchill Square. I had no issue through the website cancelling my first appointment and rebooking. Think I was using my laptop rather than phone.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Yep, as posted above, exactly what they told me Friday, they are intentionally giving a different booster vaccine to what you had for your first 2 jabs.

They're not.

Depending on the site you attend you will be given either Moderna or Pfizer.

Most people in the 'at risk' groups got AZ for jab 1 & 2. They will get a different jab as a booster.

If you had Pfizer for jab 1 & 2, and the site you attend is administering Pfizer that day then you will get Pfizer,.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
We really need to give so much credit to the scientists behind the scene who have got us through this pandemic, and continue to. Unsung heroes of the highest order.

The timing of this sudden booster campaign was completely intentional, and it has occurred now purely through the advice of our scientists. Have no doubt it was planned with or without the omicron variant.

Please stop coming on here, taking the piss out of people that have had the jab. The vast majority of us.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'm not an anti-vaxxer, I'm 110% pro vax. For some reason The Clamp & clapham_gull like to troll me just because I've chosen not to be vaccinated.

Which does of course then beg the question...If you're not a anti-vaxxer, why have you chosen not to be vaccinated?

Are you a Superhero that has built in immunity? Or in the lucky position to be living as a hermit?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
They're not.

Depending on the site you attend you will be given either Moderna or Pfizer.

Most people in the 'at risk' groups got AZ for jab 1 & 2. They will get a different jab as a booster.

If you had Pfizer for jab 1 & 2, and the site you attend is administering Pfizer that day then you will get Pfizer,.

Okay, intentionally giving a different vaccine for the booster if they are able to. BUT I think they had Pfizer and Moderna at Brighton on Friday so likely they could mix it in most cases.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Which does of course then beg the question...If you're not a anti-vaxxer, why have you chosen not to be vaccinated?

Are you a Superhero that has built in immunity? Or in the lucky position to be living as a hermit?

Last week he was claiming he was immune, Dunno what his story is this week.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm not an anti-vaxxer, I'm 110% pro vax. For some reason The Clamp & clapham_gull like to troll me just because I've personally chosen not to be vaccinated.

I don’t think you’re being trolled at all. You’re getting called out for constantly saying you don’t need the vaccination, with nothing to back it up other than your own insistence that you’re somehow bulletproof.

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Go to Clair Hall for a walk-in……..you’ll probably be accepted

Yes! I've had my first two at Clair Hall and will go there tomorrow morning to see if they have an appointment. The last few days have been a bit hectic. I've put this on the backburner and haven't realised the seriousness of things.

Cheers, Dazzer. :thumbsup:

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
If its of any help, Brighton racecourse did have a drop in centre every Wednesday, no appointment needed. This was for the first and second jabs so presumably its the same for the booster. Anyone going to Wolves game can leave a little early get booster the bus to football.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
But banning them from expressing their views? Isn't that playing right into their hands? Or am I missing something with this particular poster?

Yes I think so. Anti Vax is one thing, proclaiming to be "Pro-Vax" (as long as it's everyone else) is a also a particularly anti-social position to take.

Personally I can't see the difference.

Particularly when there might be vaccine hesitant or younger readers who are still in the "this is nothing to do with me" bubble.

The line of this poster gives people an excuse not be vaccinated and it changes all the time.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yes! I've had my first two at Clair Hall and will go there tomorrow morning to see if they have an appointment. The last few days have been a bit hectic. I've put this on the backburner and haven't realised the seriousness of things.

Cheers, Dazzer. :thumbsup:

Me and the Mrs were there Monday and I asked about walk-in….basically if they have any gaps they’ll take you in. I guess it’ll be busier now but the volunteer I spoke to said they were getting a lot of no-shows.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

In the interests of sanity it may be best to not pursue this. You are referring to comments by [MENTION=7]Mustafa[/MENTION] on another thread for which he was banned from that thread. I don't think he has written anything on this thread that undermines a pro-vaccine position so it isn't fair to double duff him up. And I say that as someone who fundamentally disagreed with his comments on the other thread.

:shrug:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
In the interests of sanity it may be best to not pursue this. You are referring to comments by [MENTION=7]Mustafa[/MENTION] on another thread for which he was banned from that thread. I don't think he has written anything on this thread that undermines a pro-vaccine position so it isn't fair to double duff him up. And I say that as someone who fundamentally disagreed with his comments on the other thread.

:shrug:

I usually agree with your posts. However, coming onto the thread and encouraging others to get boosted when he refuses to get vaccinated is trolling. At the very least it’s taking the piss.
However, his post are coming across as if he may have more issues than trolling so I’m going to leave him to his fantastical notions.

His “minority” comment makes me think he has some issues.

I will say, just because two people disagree with him, he’s not getting “double duffed up”, he’s just getting called out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here