Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Johnson press conference at 8

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
In the interests of sanity it may be best to not pursue this. You are referring to comments by [MENTION=7]Mustafa[/MENTION] on another thread for which he was banned from that thread. I don't think he has written anything on this thread that undermines a pro-vaccine position so it isn't fair to double duff him up. And I say that as someone who fundamentally disagreed with his comments on the other thread.

:shrug:

However, I think the somewhat paradoxical viewpoint of proclaiming how amazing the scientists have been whilst choosing not to partake is damaging.

It screams don't bother getting vaccinated, because everyone one else is - which is effectively their position.

Don't care about their "personal opinions" but I think you'd agree they are best left off a public internet forum.

If that's "trolling", I have no idea what trolling is.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
In the interests of sanity it may be best to not pursue this. You are referring to comments by [MENTION=7]Mustafa[/MENTION] on another thread for which he was banned from that thread. I don't think he has written anything on this thread that undermines a pro-vaccine position so it isn't fair to double duff him up. And I say that as someone who fundamentally disagreed with his comments on the other thread.

:shrug:

That’s ok if no-one on this thread hadn’t seen the other. Claiming to be ‘110% pro vax’ after multiple posts proclaiming he didn’t need it doesn’t really wash with me I’m afraid but I’ll stop ‘duffing up’ if that’s what it perceived to be.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Or scared.

Of the potential consequences of a vaccine, or of the actual needle do you mean?

If it's the former, then unlikely to be '110% pro vaccine'.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
That’s ok if no-one on this thread hadn’t seen the other. Claiming to be ‘110% pro vax’ after multiple posts proclaiming he didn’t need it doesn’t really wash with me I’m afraid but I’ll stop ‘duffing up’ if that’s what it perceived to be.

He was rightly booted off the other thread for making false (and potentially harmful) claims, so he's come on this one purely to be a dick. He knows it, we know it, and I lump him in with Das Reich and Baker lite for being the most 'meh' posters here.
If he had a shred of anything about him, he'd realise what an idiot he was before and keep a low profile on this thread, but no.....he wants (still) to behave like a fool.
I'm sure he's impressed with himself, though I doubt many others are.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I usually agree with your posts. However, coming onto the thread and encouraging others to get boosted when he refuses to get vaccinated is trolling. At the very least it’s taking the piss.
However, his post are coming across as if he may have more issues than trolling so I’m going to leave him to his fantastical notions.

His “minority” comment makes me think he has some issues.

I will say, just because two people disagree with him, he’s not getting “double duffed up”, he’s just getting called out.

He's already had a thread ban. Yet he's being provoked into defending his (in my view wrong) perspective again and again. That's not fair.

He is not das reich, sailing as close to the wind as boatmanship allows, then retreating, sniggering, to return another day, is he? ???

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
I had two Astra Zeneca, but the booster was Pfizer

I had Astra Zeneca twice and felt like shite in different ways - the first I had 12 hours of hallucinating almost and no sleep at night, the second was worse as I felt shattered for a fortnight but tried to keep going.

I'd take any make as my much-needed booster, hopefully soon.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He's already had a thread ban. Yet he's being provoked into defending his (in my view wrong) perspective again and again. That's not fair.

He is not das reich, sailing as close to the wind as boatmanship allows, then retreating, sniggering, to return another day, is he? ???

Is it not irksome to have someone almost evangelically praising the scientists and the vaccine programme who at the same time refuses their advice? Why not just see the hypocrisy in it and STFU?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Was expecting Johnson to announce Michael Masi as his new minister for sport. His ineptitude means he would slot into this government seamlessly!!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He was rightly booted off the other thread for making false (and potentially harmful claims), so he's come on this one purely to be a dick. He knows it, we know it, and I lump him in with Das Reich and Baker lite for being the most 'meh' posters here.
If he had a shred of anything about him, he'd realise what an idiot he was before and keep a low profile on this thread, but no.....he wants (still) to behave like a fool.
I'm sure he's impressed with himself, though I doubt many others are.

Really?

Good grief. Then I have been taken in, most profound.

If it transpires that I have, I will certainly apologise.

I don't think I have, though.

If he has posted perfectly sensible pro jab posts on this thread then why not take them at face value? He never said 'don't get jabbed' even on the other thread. Just a load of claptrap about why he couldn't be bothered. Thread ban, move on, surely?

To equate him with das reich and baker shite is well beyond my ken :shrug:

Again, apologies if I can't see an elephant in the room. Sometimes I can't. On this occasion I feel that I'm the only one who can.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

NSC is the virtual pub, all he’s done is move to a different table.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Is it not irksome to have someone almost evangelically praising the scientists and the vaccine programme who at the same time refuses their advice? Why not just see the hypocrisy in it and STFU?

So by making a mistake he is forever disallowed to say anything appropriate on the subject? That's a bit harsh.

I have never, as it happens, ever seen das reich say anything appropriate about anything, when his collar has been felt.

Disproportionate punishment for mustafa here, surely?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm just over 40 and have found it impossible to book ANYTHING. I don't mind travelling a fair distance but the booking system keeps crashing completely. I'm prepared to wait hours for a booster. My doctor's surgery won't do anything as they've cut ties completely (Northlands Wood for those that live in Haywards Heath)

Now I've f**ked up and I feel vulnerable with an underlying health condition. Bloody hell.

Is anybody else in the same or a similar boat?

For you, and anyone else, this site lists walk-in clinics that are being scheduled in Sussex:

https://www.sussexhealthandcare.uk/...-19-vaccination/walk-in-vaccination-sessions/

Next few days:

Monday 13 December 2021
10.30-14.30 – The Whitehawk Inn, Whitehawk Road, Brighton, BN2 5NS. Pfizer

Tuesday 14 December 2021
09.00-18.00 – Kings Church, The Hastings Centre, The Ridge, Hastings, TN34 2SA. AstraZeneca and Pfizer. (Walk in for 1st and 2nd doses. Book for boosters by using the National Booking Service or call 119 – keep checking for new appointments)
11.00-16.00 – Newhaven Youth Centre, Denton Island, Newhaven, BN9 9BA

Wednesday 15 December 2021
09.00-18.00 – Kings Church, The Hastings Centre, The Ridge, Hastings, TN34 2SA. AstraZeneca and Pfizer. (Walk in for 1st and 2nd doses. Book for boosters by using the National Booking Service or call 119 – keep checking for new appointments)
10.00-16.00 – Hastings Town Hall, Priory Square entrance, Hastings, TN34 1QR. (Walk in for 1st and 2nd doses. Book for boosters by using the National Booking Service or call 119 – keep checking for new appointments) AstraZeneca (limited) and Pfizer.
11.00-15.30 – Tesco Superstore, Church Road, Hove, BN3 2DL. Pfizer

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So by making a mistake he is forever disallowed to say anything appropriate on the subject? That's a bit harsh.

I have never, as it happens, ever seen das reich say anything appropriate about anything, when his collar has been felt.

His posting history on this subject is despicable and, like others who have witnessed it in the main sub-forum, his tone on this thread which I have just caught up with, sickens me.

He has been removed from this thread now also.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

No, because it’s exactly the same subject….to come on this thread and proclaim to be ‘110% pro vax’ in the context here would be reasonable to anyone who hasn’t seen his previous comments on other threads. To those that have, it’s bollocks and has rightly been called out IMO.

Comparing him to DR is, I agree, a step too far though. Way too far, in fact.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Perceived only by me it seems.

As I said I may be wrong and will be pleased to apologise if so, but I suspect there is a mass of confirmation bias operating here. And I say that as a frequent sucker for said.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

I disagree. However I’m not a mod, I’ve said what I think of him. Up to him now if he wishes to make a tit of himself.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
His posting history on this subject is despicable and, like others who have witnessed it in the main sub-forum, his tone on this thread which I have just caught up with, sickens me.

He has been removed from this thread now also.

OK. I couldn't see it but accept I must have been wrong. Apologies to everyone :(

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Mistake? He can get vaccinated next week if they choose, if they really are in awe of the science and the vaccine programme. I’ve not said he can’t say anything, I’ve just said it is entirely odd that you would choose to if you take a very hypocritical position.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here