[Politics] Johnson press conference at 8

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Televised addresses usually signify something important - not just an update on the booster programme?

Usually I would agree. However, I imagine Johnson and his spin team are trying to put as much media distance between him and the recent lockdown breach allegations.

If he does a conference with no questions he gets to have a "clean media appearance", which will mean the headlines tomorrow will be about this press conference and not his partying. He knows what he's doing. He's attempting to start the week with a clean slate.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
You're the second person I've seen today pinning the blame for BJ's incompetence on his partner. Isn't it possible that the man is useless with or without a dastardly female corrupting him?
It's part of this weird cult whereby he can always be forgiven for whatever he cocks up. It's never his fault.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
They also allow the PM not to be questioned by journalists about the ever growing list of Christmas parties held last year on his watch.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Nor give the leader of the Opposition equivalent air time, especially when there’s a by-election this week.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
He was sacked twice for lying, blatantly racist, plotted to have a journalist beaten up (on record) wasted millions on fantasy projects like water cannon, and a garden bridge whilst Mayor of London. Married twice, paid for a mistress to have an abortion, and had affairs with other women whilst his second wife was treated for cancer, all before he met Carrie.

R.jpg

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
waffle waffle waffle
boosters
waffle waffle waffle
world beating
waffle waffle waffle

Forgive me...........Forgive me..........Forgive me.

johanngull

Jul 8, 2015
It’s just a pre recorded address.

An update on the booster programme.

No new measures.

Ditto in Scotland - Jim Swinney has announced no measures are required.

That is what i understood it to be as well,announced as being pre-recorded statement not a press conference.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
It's a pre-recorded statement about booster vaccines, I've just read the transcript in full on Twitter.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No plan. Nothing. Madness.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Vaccines, vaccines....one trick pony

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Leave him alone, he's doing his best.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I understand why he is scaremongering on Omicron. Many will be buy his rhetoric on SA.

In reality Delta is out of control, that’s the one killing people and hospitalising people because the efficacy of the ‘double jab’ has collapsed. I hope he hasn’t put people off getting a booster by spreading a little BS, we should all be very worried about Delta, I don’t think the PM mentioned it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Time to open flights back up to South Africa yet?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports