Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Johnson Enquiry - The poll

Were the Enquiries recommendations

• Total voters

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
and

1) Getting rid of old school rival Cameron to become Prime Minister / King of the World
2) Re-inventing himself as a Brexiteer (he really isn't)
3) Betting on vote leave winning, but only by small margin
4) Replacing a damaged Cameron as the "unity candidate" to heal a divided Tory party.

He legacy is one of a hugely divisive figure who has destroyed the credibility of the Conservative party from within.

Not that Johnson was himself an extremist, even after leaving the EU he was privately lobbying for a continuation of freedom of movement.

But Sunak's only chance now is a purge of the extremists that Johnson promoted.
A purge would be wonderful but I fear the smell of Johnson and his cohorts will linger on for along while. Only the Conservative Party can manage its future and needs the balls to stand up to them. This is the only way some decent human beings will be encouraged to go into politics - because who the hell would want to be involved otherwise?

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Must admit, I did like the New Routemaster. They still look 'different' and interesting compared to the bog-standard bus.

He also tried to take credit for the bike hire network as well - the so-called 'boris-bikes', when he basically inherited the whole thing (like the Olympics).
The most important point is he 'tried to take credit' where he had limited or no reason to do so, no matter what the Johnson zealots claim......

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Fair enough; the thrust of the article though is to undermine Johnson or his acolytes on his behalf claiming disproportionate credit for the Olympics....... which of course he has tried to do.

I think it is also referring to the stadium as a legacy mess, i.e. endorsing some of your comment
Agree with both those points, ie Johnson gets no credit for the olympics but the legacy mess happened on his watch.

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
Its just the establishment cleaning house of one of their fallen idols. It could backfire if he pops up with Farage in the Reform party or whatever its called.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here