Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Johnson Enquiry - The poll

Were the Enquiries recommendations

• Total voters

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Previously a staunch Johnson supporter, Mid Sussex MP Mims Davies voted for the Privileges Committee report last night. Very surprising, I assumed she would take the easy way out like so many Tories and not attend. But credit to her, she demonstrated more transparency and honesty than coward Sunak.
I am inclined to give her some credit but I am aware that she is sensitive to the tide of opinion and tends to go with that...

“The last act is the greatest treason. To do the right deed for the wrong reason.”​

― T.S. Eliot, Murder in the Cathedral

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
I am inclined to give her some credit but I am aware that she is sensitive to the tide of opinion and tends to go with that...

“The last act is the greatest treason. To do the right deed for the wrong reason.”​

― T.S. Eliot, Murder in the Cathedral
Yes, I'm no fan of hers. She was a big supporter of Penny Mordaunt in the last leadership contest so I did wonder if she is preparing the ground to back her again when Sunak inevitably gets kicked out.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Yes, I'm no fan of hers. She was a big supporter of Penny Mordaunt in the last leadership contest so I did wonder if she is preparing the ground to back her again when Sunak inevitably gets kicked out.
I live in hope that she will lose at the next election.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Good to see the Worthing MPs voting for the report, but my old home MP, Andrew Griffith (Arundel & South Downs) was one of the cowardly non-voters.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Good to see the Worthing MPs voting for the report, but my old home MP, Andrew Griffith (Arundel & South Downs) was one of the cowardly non-voters.
A Johnson man through and through so no surprise. Johnson had Nick Herbert kicked out of the seat and into the Lords so that Griffith could have a safe seat after he helped bankroll his leadership bid. A very unpleasant character based on my dealings with him when I lived in his constituency.

BrianB

Sleepy Mid Sussex
Nov 14, 2020
Previously a staunch Johnson supporter, Mid Sussex MP Mims Davies voted for the Privileges Committee report last night. Very surprising, I assumed she would take the easy way out like so many Tories and not attend. But credit to her, she demonstrated more transparency and honesty than coward Sunak.
That surprised me as well, after 3&1/2 years she did something positive.! . A more negative person would be looking for a reason behind such a bold move ?🤔.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
That surprised me as well, after 3&1/2 years she did something positive.! . A more negative person would be looking for a reason behind such a bold move ?🤔.
I hope you will not think me cynical but I am sure she knew how it was likely to end, all the tories had Johnson's 'permission' to support the motion and in many ways the brave thing would have been to vote against and go down with a sinking ship. I give her no credit for this action.......

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Let’s hope they go after the haunted pencil. The nasty group that undermined the committee (mostly those who received honours from Johnson) should all get their 10 day suspensions. Then let’s see democracy take over and see what the people think of their conduct.
Ooh wouldn’t that be such fun 😃. Please please please make it happen 😃

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here