Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Terry - what's Capello to do?

What to do with John Terry?

• Kick him out of the squad and leave him at home for South Africa.

Votes: 46 22.4%
  • Strip him of the captaincy but take him anyway.

Votes: 98 47.8%
  • Nothing at all, this private and has nothing to do with football.

Votes: 61 29.8%

• Total voters

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Maybe Capello will give the captaincy to 'Team Bridge' member Gareth Barry? :fishing:

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
really? the captaincy is one thing, but if Capello starts leaving every player who has ever played away or been involved in some other misdemeanor, we'll be a bit thin.

personally i think all this is a load of bollocks, the role model thing. the captain is supposed to be a leader on the football pitch, not a moral icon for the country.

Agreed.

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Capello should give him the hardest kick in the bollocks he possibly can and make damn sure he can't ever use his meat and two veg again.

That would serve the twat right.Then take him to South Africa.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
really? the captaincy is one thing, but if Capello starts leaving every player who has ever played away or been involved in some other misdemeanor, we'll be a bit thin.

personally i think all this is a load of bollocks, the role model thing. the captain is supposed to be a leader on the football pitch, not a moral icon for the country.

I'd just prefer it if out team had some half decent people in though. We have a bad enough reputation abroad as it is. It doesnt help that our defence is made up of two chavvy love rats, a goon who cannot even remember to take a drug test and a f***ing bog-seat thief. Class.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Not many of the players are squeeky clean in their lifestyles. If Capello wants a leader on the pitch then JT is still probably the best option but if he wants a role model for the younger generation of fans to look up to then he needs to find a new Skipper.

Rooney could be a good option but I'd prefer the captain to be a defender so Rio would get my vote, but he's not the same sort of leader on the pitch that JT is.

Capello, over to you

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
take the captaincy away and tell him he is going to have to get a f***ing grip if he is to go to the world cup

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Capello is very strict and I suspect he may well lose the captaincy and deservedly so.

Personally thought Rio was a better choice anyway.

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto

There's a MASSIVE difference between playing away and getting the mother of a teammate's child pregnant behind his back.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
If he does end up going to SA, I reckon he'd be wise to wear one of these marvelous World Cup essentials:-

prokovest_body_armour-249x300.jpg

ps If you haven't worked out what it is, it's a stab-vest with c/w The Cross of St George. Classy. :drool:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Wasn't it Terry who was charging people for guided tours of the Chelsea training facilities?

The more I think of it, the less I like the man...everyone makes an error of judgement from time to time...but this bloke seems to be a serial offender!

Are these the sort of qualities you want to see in the Captain of England...I don't think Fabio will have much trouble making the right decision!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Is he good enough to go? Absolutely.
Is he good enough to be captain? Yes.
Is he respected enough to be captain? Doubtful.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
the blomke is a self centered (unt and needs to get a f***ing grip!

If my best mate shagged my missus, I know what I'd do, he wouldnt f***ing do it again regardless how good he was at f***ing football. There is a thing called morals, Terry aint got any! (UNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and I hate that word!!)

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
I would imagine that quite a few of the England squad are complete knob heads. So I think JT is in good company. Even Gerrard likes to play away. Jt to keep the armband

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Whatever Cappello decides is fine by me. If he thinks it'll damage morale and the best thing to do is strip Terry of the captaincy - fine. If on the other hand he thinks it's a private matter between the individuals concerned and won't affect the squad - that's fine too.

After all as cov and others have pointed out the other likely candidates are less than squeaky-clean themselves; take your pick from: Steve 'twat the DJ' Gerrard, Rio. 'what drugs test' Ferdinand, Wayne 'granny shagger' Rooney, David 'pig woman fucker' Beckham - and they're just the ones we know about!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I've already said I think Rooney should get the armband if he wants it. Now, the more I think about it, I hope Terry is dropped from the squad altogether, because:

1. His behaviour is unacceptable and will undoubtably unsettle the squad.
2. I'm concerned about his temperament - I think back to the biggest game her ever had - Champions League Final vs Utd, where he missed the vital penalty, then blubbed like a girl.
3. Can we afford to drop Bridge from the squad? Hmm, probably not.
4. Is Matthew Upson up to the job? I think he probably is.
5. Will Terry have the same presence after this? Probably not, he's damaged goods.

I think the only thing that might save his skin is the fact both Woodgate and King are carrying long-term injuries. If both were fit I reckon Cappello would tell Terry to do one.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
If the England players are still behind Terry, he should carry on. If he's lost the dressing room, he should resign. He shouldn't be dropped from the squad, he's one of the best centre backs in the country and we want to win the world cup... so he's needed for that. I don't think anyone other than the England camp can decide if he's still up to captaining the side. Personally, looking in from the outside, I say carry on captaining, son. I wonder if this is the real reason Capello doesn't want WAGs at the World Cup? :lol:

Also, I'd like to say a big BRAVO to the tabloid newspapers for SERIOUSLY undermining our world cup chances. Seriously, what the hell. Do they not care about it? You don't pick out your captain for personal abuse and hatred a few months before the damn thing is meant to start, that's the last thing we needed. I know a story is a story, and this is a cracker, but for God sake. Idiots.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here