Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Terry - what's Capello to do?

What to do with John Terry?

• Kick him out of the squad and leave him at home for South Africa.

Votes: 46 22.4%
  • Strip him of the captaincy but take him anyway.

Votes: 98 47.8%
  • Nothing at all, this private and has nothing to do with football.

Votes: 61 29.8%

• Total voters

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
'Meanwhile Terry also faces a backlash from players and fans. Bridge, once a close friend, is said to have made it clear in football circles that he will not travel with Terry to the World Cup if, as expected, he is selected for the squad.' Daily Mail

Obviously unsettling for the England squad, so what is Capello to do, if anything at all?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Nice to have a bit of dramarama really, it's never dull in football these days - journos dream. What amazes me is how much power Terry 'apparently' wields in football circles with rumours of Mourinho being in his pocket during his Chelsea reign. All very strange.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
As long as he plays well , I 'm not right bothered to be honest it will be tommorrow or next weeks chip papers.

I've always thought the bloke is a bit of a wanker but if he lifts that trophy in South Africa fair enough.

I'll still think he's a wanker though.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
To be honest I never thaught he should be captain in the first place so if he looses the captancy then I wont lose any sleep over it, and he not acctually as good as everyone makes out, very brave but is that enough at international level?

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I feel Capello is in a dodgy situation. Rio is looking less than brilliant and if he drops Terry then it all goes wrong in South Africa then he will get the blame for not taking Terry.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He's not the sort of person I want representing my country that's for sure. He's little more than an overpaid chav.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Sadly HT a lot of players in the Premiership are little better than overpaid chavs...unfortunately the fall guy in this whole shambles, Wayne Bridge, appears to be one of the few who can't have that accusation levelled at them.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Take away the armband. He's no role model.
Take him to the World Cup. I wouldn't take Bridge anyway.
Give captaincy to Rooney.
Win World Cup.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
JT is an inspirational leader on the football pitch when he goes into battle I would want someone like JT leading me. I think he has probably already dealt with the consequences of this privately and we need to draw a line under it and move on.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Capello's supposed to be the strict disciplinarian. Let him act like it. Leave the snide little spiv at home.

Good point. Capello has a chance here to truly stamp his authority and show he really means business.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
what the f*** is it with some people? JT has fame, an obscene fortune, talent , adoration of blokes over the land and more women than his tongue can handle...and the **** still wants more...:rant:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Can lose the captaincy, not a role model and there are equally good leaders in the team, gerrard, lampard or rooney for starters, if Wayne Bridge goes then Terry shouldnt, otherwise take him.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Can lose the captaincy, not a role model and there are equally good leaders in the team, gerrard, lampard or rooney for starters, if Wayne Bridge goes then Terry shouldnt, otherwise take him.

I'd hardly describe Lampard ( sex orgy video and cheating on his wife) or Gerrard ( fighting in chav bars in Southport) Good role models either to be honest most footballers are chavs and that mentality is breed into a lot of them form an early age. Think back to when you were at school half the lads in the school football team were wankers back then

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I feel Capello is in a dodgy situation. Rio is looking less than brilliant and if he drops Terry then it all goes wrong in South Africa then he will get the blame for not taking Terry.

He could go with Elphick and Tunnicliffe.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Capello's supposed to be the strict disciplinarian. Let him act like it. Leave the snide little spiv at home.

really? the captaincy is one thing, but if Capello starts leaving every player who has ever played away or been involved in some other misdemeanor, we'll be a bit thin.

personally i think all this is a load of bollocks, the role model thing. the captain is supposed to be a leader on the football pitch, not a moral icon for the country.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here