[Albion] Injuries

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Would Sarmiento be starting or featuring today. ? I doubt it. He's not even a regular starter for Ipswich.
It's hard to say, but Cameron Peupion wasn't getting much game time for Cheltenham, yet came back and immediately got some minutes against Stoke.

I think Sarmiento would in our 18 today that's missing March, Adingra, Enciso and Pedro.

But that's not to say he shouldn't be on loan at Ipswich. Long-term that's likely to be the better place for him right now.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Questions, questions

Who broke the confidence? Are they in the doo doo with the club? Why tell the press in the first place if we want to keep it a secret?
To be honest, watching the press conference, he just wasn't asked about injuries in general so he didn't mention it, probably not deliberately. He was specifically asked about Pedro so answered that. Without knowing I imagine someone at the embargoed section simply asked about other injuries and Hinsh was mentioned. Don't think it was specifically a secret.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Isn't that what we currently have. ?

We have 20 fit first team squad players with Adingra rejoining the squad next week. Pedro has a hamstring injury . He won't miss many games.

Not sure what you're suggesting re: squad strengthening . Is it Pedro might get an injury - we should have signed another striker ? Club has let everyone down and some posters on NSC are "naive" (i'm happy to be one of em ha ha ) for questioning that kneejerk type approach. ?
No

Out
March, Hinsh, Pedro, Enciso, Milner, Adingra all unavailable (6)

Limited minutes
Moder, Veltman, Lamptey, Lallana, Welbeck , Fati, Mitoma (7)

Fit First teamers
Steele, Verbruggen, Dunk, Igor, Webster, Gilmour, Estupinan, Gross, Van Hecke,Ferguson, Buonnonotte, (11)

Part timers
Baleba, Peupion,Baker-Boatey, Duffus

We are currently struggling at full back and centre midfield.
This was the case two windows ago.

Fully understand that the club are trying their best and they haven't been able to land targets, but the injuries keep hitting us at our weak spots.
Losing two players in training is utterly bizarre, and gutting for Hinshelwood,but shit happens.

However It is frustrating that the club have not filled the obvious gaps.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
To be honest, watching the press conference, he just wasn't asked about injuries in general so he didn't mention it, probably not deliberately. He was specifically asked about Pedro so answered that. Without knowing I imagine someone at the embargoed section simply asked about other injuries and Hinsh was mentioned. Don't think it was specifically a secret.
That’s not true……he was asked immediately after talking about Joao Pedro, ( in response to ‘any other concerns going into tomorrow’s game?’ he said ‘the other players are ok……..’). Around 4 mins in :

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
That’s not true……he was asked immediately after talking about Joao Pedro, ( in response to ‘any other concerns going into tomorrow’s game?’ he said ‘the other players are ok……..’). Around 4 mins in :

Oh fair enough then, my memory cheated. What do I know? I suspect it was an oversight rather than a deliberate secret though.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Out
March, Hinsh, Pedro, Enciso, Milner, Adingra all unavailable (6)

Limited minutes
Moder, Veltman, Lamptey, Lallana, Welbeck , Fati, Mitoma (7)

Fit First teamers
Steele, Verbruggen, Dunk, Igor, Webster, Gilmour, Estupinan, Gross, Van Hecke,Ferguson, Buonnonotte, (11)

Part timers
Baleba, Peupion,Baker-Boatey, Duffus
That is best way to understand it.

Our fortunes in the coming weeks and months will depend on a) how much time we can get out of the limited minutes players. b) not incurring further injuries.

You could have chucked Barco in the out (or part timers) pile, he's out in the same way as Adingra is.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Don’t play (or train) at anything like the same intensity perhaps?
Could be true. Maybe it's luck. Or maybe they are avoiding a prevailing group think in PL club fitness staff of how to prepare players.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
This is why we needed to buy either a CM or RB because now we are going to lose Gross from midfield to cover RB and we are going to rush Veltman back from his own injury (knowing our luck he will get reinjured).

I don't get our January window at all, it was a complete shit show.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
What is the state of our medical team now given the ‘exodus’ before Christmas ?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
It's hard to say, but Cameron Peupion wasn't getting much game time for Cheltenham, yet came back and immediately got some minutes against Stoke.

I think Sarmiento would in our 18 today that's missing March, Adingra, Enciso and Pedro.

But that's not to say he shouldn't be on loan at Ipswich. Long-term that's likely to be the better place for him right now.
Yes agreed Sarmiento would probably be in the 20 today - nudging out Baker Boitey. (Will he be the u21 today ?) But after next week - fingers crossed - it should ease a bit . Let’s hope Adingra gets through tmrrw unscathed

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Isn't that what we currently have. ?

We have 20 fit first team squad players with Adingra rejoining the squad next week. Pedro has a hamstring injury . He won't miss many games.

Not sure what you're suggesting re: squad strengthening . Is it Pedro might get an injury - we should have signed another striker ? Club has let everyone down and some posters on NSC are "naive" (i'm happy to be one of em ha ha ) for questioning that kneejerk type approach. ?
For this match we are missing:

March
Pedro
Enciso
Hinshelwood
Adringra
Milner
Barco

So that’s 7. Meanwhile Fati, Veltman, Mitoma, Lamptey, Lallana, Moder aren’t fit enough for 90 minutes.

It was naive of people to suggest we would soon have everyone back and so didn’t need to strengthen.

Right Back

Marseille was magic
NSC Patron
Sep 21, 2017
Brighton
For this match we are missing:

March
Pedro
Enciso
Hinshelwood
Adringra
Milner
Barco

So that’s 7. Meanwhile Fati, Veltman, Mitoma, Lamptey, Lallana, Moder aren’t fit enough for 90 minutes.

It was naive of people to suggest we would soon have everyone back and so didn’t need to strengthen.
For the rest of the month we have one game a week. By the end of Feb it may well only be 2 who are injured. How big would you like the squad to be?

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
For the rest of the month we have one game a week. By the end of Feb it may well only be 2 who are injured. How big would you like the squad to be?
I think we needed two first team ready players. One a central midfielder, ideally a defensive one. We also needed a right sided winger.

I raised it at the time and was told we didn’t need midfield cover as Hinshelwood and Milner could cover there. It Gilmour pulls a hamstring today we are down to Baleba and Gross with Moder, who can’t play 90 minutes as backup.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Looks like Igor is injured as well. I can’t believe the clubs alleged reasoning for not signing anyone in January was because we had some injured players returning.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Looks like Igor is injured as well. I can’t believe the clubs alleged reasoning for not signing anyone in January was because we had some injured players returning.
Add Lamptey to the list.

Get a few back and then bang, we’re back where we started.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports