[Albion] Injuries

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Talk about a revolving door of injuries this season 😪 at least we're not the only club suffering though

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Although we're getting players back, most of the returnees are unlikely to be full 90 minute players for us in the next few weeks.

This weekend i'll guess that the medical team will have advised no more than

Veltman 20mins
Fati 20 mins
Mitoma 45 mins

As well as not being able to get more than

Moder 30 mins
Lallana 15 mins
Lamptey 70 mins

out of that lot

It all means some serious juggling need to be done.

You can imagine Lamptey and Veltman might be able to share right back duties this weekend, but where's our pace in behind on this high Spurs line coming from. Milner?

All of a sudden we seem to be struggling to get our manager proper options again. Adingra and Barco can't come soon enough.

And please, for the love of god .... no more injuries

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
This is why it was naive of those who said no new signings are needed because soon we will have a fully fit squad again. Ain't not such thing as a fully fit squad.

Gutted.
Totally agree with this.

RDZ luckily not as naive as many on this board, but unfortunately we couldn't land our targets.

We actually have a very decent squad which can cope seamlessly with 3 or 4 injuries. But we've been averaging 8 to 10 for the last few months, and that's when things start to look threadbare and when RDZ is no longer able to rotate as he wants.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Oh FFS, this is becoming beyond a joke, who keeps running black cats over in Lancing? Gutted for Hinch but we’ll cope, Pedro though, if this is serious then that’s our season f***ed IMO.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
We actually have a very decent squad which can cope seamlessly with 3 or 4 injuries.
Isn't that what we currently have. ?

We have 20 fit first team squad players with Adingra rejoining the squad next week. Pedro has a hamstring injury . He won't miss many games.

Not sure what you're suggesting re: squad strengthening . Is it Pedro might get an injury - we should have signed another striker ? Club has let everyone down and some posters on NSC are "naive" (i'm happy to be one of em ha ha ) for questioning that kneejerk type approach. ?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Oh FFS, this is becoming beyond a joke, who keeps running black cats over in Lancing? Gutted for Hinch but we’ll cope, Pedro though, if this is serious then that’s our season f***ed IMO.
Well. It could be to do with ladders, cats or some kind of gypsy graveyard which we've built the training ground on and suffered it's curse.

But if I had overall responsibility for player conditioning i'd be shifting pretty uncomfortably in my seat right now. And I'd be trying to think of justifications for why we've averaging a bad injury every couple of weeks for months on end.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Well. It could be to do with ladders, cats or some kind of gypsy graveyard which we've built the training ground on and suffered it's curse.

But if I had overall responsibility for player conditioning i'd be shifting pretty uncomfortably in my seat right now. And I'd be trying to think of justifications for why we've averaging a bad injury every couple of weeks for months on end.
Or maybe there are other factors ?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Isn't that what we currently have. ?

We have 20 fit first team squad players with Adingra rejoining the squad next week. Pedro has a hamstring injury . He won't miss many games.

Not sure what you're suggesting re: squad strengthening . Is it Pedro might get an injury - we should have signed another striker ? Club has let everyone down and some posters on NSC are "naive" (i'm happy to be one of em ha ha ) for questioning that kneejerk type approach. ?
The trouble is that at least 6 of the players you're counting as fit are only likely to be able to play for small part of the game if that. I mean Fati might feature for 10 mins, but he's not fit.

So yes I think we're short of players. RDZ knows it. The club knows it, but missed their targets. This happens, fair enough. The mistake was in the players we loaned out, Sarmiento in particular, which is well covered ground, but we've made mistakes again here.

We're now in a situation where we'll have a massive concentration of games coming up and the manager is going to have very little choice who he picks

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The trouble is that at least 6 of the players you're counting as fit are only likely to be able to play for small part of the game if that. I mean Fati might feature for 10 mins, but he's not fit.

So yes I think we're short of players. RDZ knows it. The club knows it, but missed their targets. This happens, fair enough. The mistake was in the players we loaned out, Sarmiento in particular, which is well covered ground, but we've made mistakes again here.

We're now in a situation where we'll have a massive concentration of games coming up and the manager is going to have very little choice who he picks
Understood. I wish the club had landed Dewsbury Hall as Gross/Gilmour is an issue if one of them , god forbid, gets injured.
That said you can only have 11 players on the pitch at any one time and 20 in the squad and i'm sure there will be a contributions today from Ansu Fati, Veltman, Mitoma, Lallana and Lamptey who i guess are the players you're discounting .
Would Sarmiento be starting or featuring today. ? I doubt it. He's not even a regular starter for Ipswich.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
From the article you posted. Again, there are questions to answer

Chelsea have the least total recovery time across the period with 143.5 hours, and Brighton have the most with 287.5 hours.
well - we;ve had more injuries ! Of course Albion have had either bad luck or brought it on themselves there (depending on your pov) . I'm just saying there are a lot of factors contributing to injuries this season, lots of clubs have had similar issues, and rule changes like longer 100+minute games might be a factor. You're saying we should point the finger at the medical staff.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
well - we;ve had more injuries ! I'm just saying there are a lot of factors contributing to injuries this season, lots of clubs have had similar issues, and rule changes like longer 100+minute games might be a factor. You're saying we should point the finger at the medical staff.
I'm saying there are questions to answer.

I think it's nothing to do with VAR breaks or the world cup.

I think it's all to do with conditioning. If you try to ultra fine tune someone athletically they are more likely to get injured. An F1 car is more likely to break down than my 15 year old Astra. It's happening at all clubs as they are all trying to pick up every athletic marginal gain. I understand why, but there's no point having someone ultra strong if they are out because we're picking up long injuries every couple of weeks.

Clubs including us need to re-look at how we are managing players fitness

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
This is why it was naive of those who said no new signings are needed because soon we will have a fully fit squad again. Ain't not such thing as a fully fit squad.

Gutted.
Who said no new signings are needed ? They’re always needed if they strengthen the squad. It’s just a balance between who you can land, not giving players game time if you increase the squad, keeping players happy and being aware of injury recovery . Not easy.
And sure injuries will continue to happen. But nonetheless we will have more fit first team players today v Spurs than for months.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I'm saying there are questions to answer.

I think it's nothing to do with VAR breaks or the world cup.

I think it's all to do with conditioning. If you try to ultra fine tune someone athletically they are more likely to get injured. An F1 car is more likely to break down than my 15 year old Astra. It's happening at all clubs as they are all trying to pick up every athletic marginal gain. I understand why, but there's no point having someone ultra strong if they are out because we're picking up long injuries every couple of weeks.

Clubs including us need to re-look at how we are managing players fitness
Agreed. Of course. They should be looking at it - I’m sure they are ! - both at the Albion - bit also agreed at every club as most have had similar issues this season.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
So basically he heard first or second hand from the embargoed section of the press conference but broke the embargo. Gotta be first with the news - all about the hits
Questions, questions

Who broke the confidence? Are they in the doo doo with the club? Why tell the press in the first place if we want to keep it a secret?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports