Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Injuries

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Looks like Igor is injured as well. I can’t believe the clubs alleged reasoning for not signing anyone in January was because we had some injured players returning.
Do we know for absolute certainty that the club made no attempts to sign anybody? Or maybe we tried to sign - or at least had an interest in - players who ultimately decided to sign for someone else. like, for instance, Nunez, Kudus .........................

.......... and, ermm, Pritchard.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Limited minutes
Moder, Veltman, Lamptey, Lallana, Welbeck , Fati, Mitoma (7)
Well Lallana played a decent 65 minutes and he, Welbeck, Lamptey, and Mitoma all started in the end. . Moder clearly isn’t needed and Fati is close to starting after a few months out but upped his mins yesterday. Veltman also appeared after a few weeks out.
Is Mitoma or Veltman or Welbeck (after his op 18 months ago ) injury prone ?

Doesn’t mean the squad could have done with 1-2 extra players in window but fact is - we keep putting out competitive sides .

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Looks like Igor is injured as well. I can’t believe the clubs alleged reasoning for not signing anyone in January was because we had some injured players returning.
Club quite clearly did try to sign players in the window - Dewsbury Hall and Bryan Gil. Of course they’re also going to say the club has a strong squad and the existing (at the time) injury issues were easing - because they were.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Well Lallana played a decent 65 minutes and he, Welbeck, Lamptey, and Mitoma all started in the end. . Moder clearly isn’t needed and Fati is close to starting after a few months out but upped his mins yesterday. Veltman also appeared after a few weeks out.

Doesn’t mean the squad could have done with 1-2 extra players in window but fact is - we keep putting out competitive sides .
Bizarre response.
2 of the 4 you mentioned came off in pre-meditated subs, one was left on for longer than he should have been and was subsequently subbed with a potential injury.
Good to see Mitoma last the full 90.

I made no mention to players being injury prone.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Well Lallana played a decent 65 minutes and he, Welbeck, Lamptey, and Mitoma all started in the end. Moder clearly isn’t needed and Fati is close to starting after a few months out but upped his mins yesterday. Veltman also appeared after a few weeks out.

I don’t think he is an RDZ style player. I’d be surprised if he stays in the summer.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Bizarre response.
2 of the 4 you mentioned came off in pre-meditated subs, one was left on for longer than he should have been and was subsequently subbed with a potential injury.
Good to see Mitoma last the full 90.

I made no mention to players being injury prone.
Sorry I'm just trying to understand the pointt. I think you're saying we can't rely on these players - so should have been replacing them in the window because they can only play limited minutes. Mitoma (90 mins) and Welbeck (83 minutes) really aren't on that list anyway. Lamptey (90 mins) - obviously you need to be careful - but has now started 2 games in a row (so fingers crossed it was just cramp when he came off yesterday) . Veltman will presumably be in a position to start after another weeks training. Moder must be fit to play now - i guess his issue is RDZ doesn't want to start him or give him minutes. Ansu Fati (33 mins) is obviously not fully fit now but can't be far off. Lallana (57 Mins) was effectively bought to be in the squad on this basis and had a brilliant game yesterday. So why is this an issue ?

Last edited:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Sorry I'm just trying to understand the pointt. I think you're saying we can't rely on these players - so should have been replacing them in the window because they can only play limited minutes. Mitoma and Welbeck really aren't on that list anyway. Lamptey - obviously you need to be careful - but has now started 2 games in a row (so fingers crossed it was just cramp when he came off yesterday) . Veltman will presumably be in a position to start after another weeks training. Moder must be fit to play now - i guess his issue is RDZ doesn't want to start him or give him minutes. Ansu Fati is obviously not fit now but can't be far off. Lallana was effectively bought to be in the squad on this basis and had a brilliant game yesterday. So why is this an issue ?

No I'm not saying we can't rely on these players. Nor have I claimed anyone was injury prone.
I was just highlighting that when you said, at this moment we only have 3 or 4 injured players, you were wrong.

You can acknowledge that if you like, or just carry on trying to be right about something.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
For the rest of the month we have one game a week. By the end of Feb it may well only be 2 who are injured. How big would you like the squad to be?
We have two games in the last week of the month.

Ideally I would like our squad to be 21 registered players, bolstered with our talented U21s.
Currently we have 19 and at least one of them is out for the rest of the season.

The next lowest number of squad players is 20 (City and Chelsea).

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
No I'm not saying we can't rely on these players. Nor have I claimed anyone was injury prone.
I was just highlighting that when you said, at this moment we only have 3 or 4 injured players, you were wrong.

You can acknowledge that if you like, or just carry on trying to be right about something.
I’ve just been keeping a list of players who were now back in the squad and fit and sharing it on here . . For each of them then of course as you point out - there are all sorts of caveats about how many games they are likely or able to start or how many minutes they can / should be playing which is pretty subjective and speculative. But yes. Of course I acknowledge that !

Right Back

Marseille was magic
NSC Patron
Sep 21, 2017
Brighton
We have two games in the last week of the month.

Ideally I would like our squad to be 21 registered players, bolstered with our talented U21s.
Currently we have 19 and at least one of them is out for the rest of the season.

The next lowest number of squad players is 20 (City and Chelsea).
We have a squad of 27 players one of whom is out for the season. We have a lot of under 21’s but they are first team players and very good. Too big a squad blocks their progress.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Injuries:

Hinshelwood (Foot) - Operation planned. No timescale
Pedro (hamstring) - Weeks ?
Igor (unknown)
Milner - weeks ?
Enciso (in training)
March (out for season or May at best)

*Fit Squad (as it stands) -

Verbruggen/ Steele
Veltman, JPVH, Dunk, Lamptey, Webster, Estupinan, Barco
Moder, Gross, Gilmour, Baleba
Ansu Fati, Buonanotte, Mitoma, Adingra, Baker Boitey, Lallana
Welbeck, Ferguson, O Mahoney

*Some players are u21s and not ready for primetime, not all fit players match fit or ready (yet) to play for 90 minutes.

Next game Sheff Utd (A) - Sun 18th February 2pm.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Injuries:

Hinshelwood (Foot) - Operation planned. No timescale
Pedro (hamstring) - Weeks ?
Igor (unknown)
Milner - weeks ?
Enciso (in training)
March (out for season or May at best)

*Fit Squad (as it stands) -

Verbruggen/ Steele
Veltman, JPVH, Dunk, Lamptey, Webster, Estupinan, Barco
Moder, Gross, Gilmour, Baleba
Ansu Fati, Buonanotte, Mitoma, Adingra, Baker Boitey, Lallana
Welbeck, Ferguson, O Mahoney

*Some players are u21s and not ready for primetime, not all fit players match fit or ready (yet) to play for 90 minutes.

Next game Sheff Utd (A) - Sun 18th February 2pm.
I'll probably get harangued for saying this.
In regards to what you have posted about squad availability and much as I'd love to think we will, I don't think we'll have the steam to land that euro place.

We're already a proven PL team that can qualify for Europe, and missing out on qualification won't do us any harm.
As I'm confident we can learn from this season and reboot next one.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
We have a squad of 27 players one of whom is out for the season. We have a lot of under 21’s but they are first team players and very good. Too big a squad blocks their progress.
Not sure where your getting 27 from
Our 23/24 Prem roster is 20 players including Dahoud, so 19 in reality and of course Tom McGill who hopefully won't be getting any game time.

On top of that we have first team ready U21s

Adingra
Ferguson
Verbruggen
Buonnanote
Enciso
Hinshelwood

De Zerbi has been clear that he is forced into playing 19 year olds for many more minutes than he would like.

Then there's Fati, who is on loan and therefore doesn't really come into the discussion of blocking anyone's development.
So in total we have 24 players available to compete on 3 fronts.

The idea that we have some sort of bloated squad, starving our youngsters of opportunity is completely bogus.

Right Back

Marseille was magic
NSC Patron
Sep 21, 2017
Brighton
Not sure where your getting 27 from
Our 23/24 Prem roster is 20 players including Dahoud, so 19 in reality and of course Tom McGill who hopefully won't be getting any game time.

On top of that we have first team ready U21s

Adingra
Ferguson
Verbruggen
Buonnanote
Enciso
Hinshelwood

De Zerbi has been clear that he is forced into playing 19 year olds for many more minutes than he would like.

Then there's Fati, who is on loan and therefore doesn't really come into the discussion of blocking anyone's development.
So in total we have 24 players available to compete on 3 fronts.

The idea that we have some sort of bloated squad, starving our youngsters of opportunity is completely bogus.
You have just listed 26 and Barco makes 27.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here