Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you sit in F164-F165 in 1901 you are a disgrace (merged threads)

sotonseagull

Feb 8, 2008
southampton
thats exactly what I did with this palace fan in 1901, also complained to staff and will also be writing a letter, after the game surprise, surprise this loud over the top palace fan never returned to the lounge.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Back in the 70's and early 80's,I used to get tickets from work for what was then called the Vice Presidents box at Selhurst Park(our office was based at Sanderstead near Croydon).You could have a decent lunch before the game and a civilised drink at half -time.Often took my girlfriend but being mindful that the 'box' was mainly full of Palace fans,showed discretion and restraint when celebrating Albion goals!However,it did have a corporate purpose and I dare say the Palace fans got quite used to sharing the area with fans supporting the opposition of the day!
Never experienced any aggro or bad feeling.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
A friend of mine was a guest of a major national plumbing suppliers, in the 1901. He is an Arsenal season ticket holder. Spoke with him during the evening and apparently there were 8 guests of said company. As much as we might not like it, money talks.:shrug:

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
I brought a Palace fan into the 1901 last night because he is a friend. He didn't jump around and was really quite apologetic. It also may lead to a new job for me. Job done.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I brought a Palace fan into the 1901 last night because he is a friend. He didn't jump around and was really quite apologetic. It also may lead to a new job for me. Job done.

And that is fine. At least you got something for it!! You probably had the most productive evening of any Brighton fan!! And he respected the fact that he is in the home end and behaved accordingly. Which is the way it should be.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
My Dad and Sister got kicked out of the WSL (I think) for refusing to stand up to the song 'stand up if you hate Palace'.

The stewards had sod all proof they were Palace fans but acted on the suspicions of surrounding Brighton fans.

It seems there's a completely different rule for the 1901 seats though, however!

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
They were going over board on the dress code yesterday, frankly embarassing. I saw a guy in front of me who looked way smarter than me get refused entry because he had no collar on his shirt. Frankly there is absolutely no common sense with the staff in the 1901. Who gives a shit if a guy has a collar on his shirt or not???

They were being ridiculous at the Leeds game too apparently. My mate who is (well, was) 1901 was told his young son wasn't allowed in because he was wearing tracksuit bottoms - as he had done at every previous game. Suffice to say, my mate is now boycotting the Amex for the rest of this season and will be trying to downgrade to a normal ST rather than "that 1901 bollocks" next season. I imagine he isn't the first and won't be the last if they continue applying stupid dress code rules (in an inconsistent manner).

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Firstly you brought a Palace fan with you, bad enough denying a Brighton fan a seat.

There were 1,300 empty seats 'available' to Brighton fans at the start of the match, and about 13,000 after the third goal went in.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
And that is fine. At least you got something for it!! You probably had the most productive evening of any Brighton fan!! And he respected the fact that he is in the home end and behaved accordingly. Which is the way it should be.

Why can't they have a little celebration, it's a football match, in a corporate area, not the Balkans.

When the second half started the WHOLE of the 1901 area was empty. A bit shabby if you ask me, surely fans would be keener to see the match than be eating and drinking?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
When the second half started the WHOLE of the 1901 area was empty. A bit shabby if you ask me, surely fans would be keener to see the match than be eating and drinking?

Don't even get me started on that one. Does my head in. I never miss a minute but some cocks roll back five minutes ino the half or don't even return at all. That said every match I can see plenty of gaps in the North and East Stands at the start of each half. Don't understand it at all.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Don't even get me started on that one. Does my head in. I never miss a minute but some cocks roll back five minutes ino the half or don't even return at all. That said every match I can see plenty of gaps in the North and East Stands at the start of each half. Don't understand it at all.

The empty seats at the beginning of the 2nd half belong to those fans who are either queueing up for a piss or a pint.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The empty seats at the beginning of the 2nd half belong to those fans who are either queueing up for a piss or a pint.

The piss I understand, the pint why? Can't they wait 45 minutes. What is the need to have alcohol every flippin minute. I feel the need now though :lol:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The piss I understand, the pint why? Can't they wait 45 minutes. What is the need to have alcohol every flippin minute. I feel the need now though :lol:

Don't think the players went for a piss at half time either, which explains why they were toilet for the whole of the second half.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
My Dad and Sister got kicked out of the WSL (I think) for refusing to stand up to the song 'stand up if you hate Palace'.

The stewards had sod all proof they were Palace fans but acted on the suspicions of surrounding Brighton fans.

It seems there's a completely different rule for the 1901 seats though, however!

What an absolute load of bull:)

There were loads of supporters around me in the east who didn't stand up for the song each and every time it was sung. I know they are Albion fans and I also know that none were chucked out. Nice try;)

I know a Palace fan who was in the corporate seats, spoke to him earlier and he said with some degree of surprise that people wanted a fight when he celebrated their goals. Quite honestly, given our two clubs history,I cannot understand his behaviour and naivety.

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
There appeared to be a lot of empty seats in the East as well

We had 5 empty seats behind us..... disgraceful. There appeared to be a lot of empty seats in the East as well.

The reason for so many empty seats in the East (family stand) was that loads of parents decided not to subject their kids to the mindless idiotic thuggery that took place after the game, so didn't take them. I suspect a lot of the twats who thought it ok to rip up seats and cause trouble after the game are parents themselves- THEY SHOULD BE BLOODY ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I know a Palace fan who was in the corporate seats, spoke to him earlier and he said with some degree of surprise that people wanted a fight when he celebrated their goals. Quite honestly, given our two clubs history,I cannot understand his behaviour and naivety.

Indeed, I wonder if it's the same guy. Chavvy looking smelly little bastard?

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
What an absolute load of bull:)

There were loads of supporters around me in the east who didn't stand up for the song each and every time it was sung. I know they are Albion fans and I also know that none were chucked out. Nice try;)

I think given the tension between the two clubs and the amount of time it's taken for us to play each other, I'm not sure I could contain myself if I was at the game sitting in the Brighton end.

My Dad just said the same, he was naturally furious for being "kicked out" but seeing your side score a last minute winner is very difficult to hide and he probably escaped further abuse in hindsight.

If you're in the 1901 seats, I'd expect an actual banning order.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The reason for so many empty seats in the East (family stand) was that loads of parents decided not to subject their kids to the mindless idiotic thuggery that took place after the game, so didn't take them. I suspect a lot of the twats who thought it ok to rip up seats and cause trouble after the game are parents themselves- THEY SHOULD BE BLOODY ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES

I agree.... Merely pointing out that there were gaps in the East as well as 1901.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Indeed, I wonder if it's the same guy. Chavvy looking smelly little bastard?

No, that wasn't him. The bloke I know isn't a chav, he's a respectable chap with a young lad who I think also went. I don't object to him going as such but as I said, he was naive to not show more restraint. I would imagine he simply celebrated and was confronted for it. Again, that is in my opinion, too much. I wouldn't go to palace and celebrate if we score if I was in their lot as I value my life.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here