If you sit in F164-F165 in 1901 you are a disgrace (merged threads)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Better view....behave!!! I would rather sit in amongst the corporates than give up the best seats in the stadium that the BUPA guys have.

The Profile seats (middle tier) are at what is apparently accepted as the optimum angle for watching football, approx 15 degrees. Do you not think Tony Bloom has chosen the best seat in the house? He doesn't strike me as a bloke who settles for second best.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
The Profile seats (middle tier) are at what is apparently accepted as the optimum angle for watching football, approx 15 degrees. Do you not think Tony Bloom has chosen the best seat in the house? He doesn't strike me as a bloke who settles for second best.

Accepted by those who prefer to be detached from whats going on, on the pitch. Mr Bloom and his entourage were always going to be in the centre tier, otherwise he could have the same angle from the East Stand! Just my opinion but I prefer an angle of 12.5 degrees and near enough to hear Gus and the players.

Anyway I think you'll find Tony is viewing it at less than 15 degrees unless he's sprouted up all of a sudden!,

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
My Dad and Sister got kicked out of the WSL (I think) for refusing to stand up to the song 'stand up if you hate Palace'.

The stewards had sod all proof they were Palace fans but acted on the suspicions of surrounding Brighton fans.

It seems there's a completely different rule for the 1901 seats though, however!

have you seriously nothing better to do than to post bullshit on here......there is a palace forum you know, i know its crap and all your supporters seem to spend their sad lives on NSC but seriously have you nothing better to do?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I think when some cock deprives a Brighton fan a seat for some cheering Palace twat it is every Brighton fans duty to highlight it actually. And if you read the email sent to 1901 members that I have quoted above the club also don't want lots of loudly celebrating away fans in the club either.

A lot of the seats in the 1901 are corporate seats and have been brought by local companies to use to entertain business clients, these companies can bring whoever they like regardless of which (if any) team they support as their aim is to improve business relations or secure contracts.

This is why the 1901 has a dress code as it could look bad from these corporate organisations point of view to take a potential business partner to a game and to have everyone in replica shirts, jeans and trainers and doesn't give out the right image. Thise unhappy with the dress code could have brought tickets for another area of the ground where replica shirts and trainers are exceptable but they knew the deal when they brought the tickets so don't really have a basis to complain about it imo.

Wasn't there a Palace fan on here months ago stating that he had got tickets to the game long before they went on sale as his employer had corporate tickets and he secured one of those, i suspect the palace fan you are referring to also got tickets in this way, but its down to the employer who they let use the tickets.

As for them celebrating, the club know there is a good chance of other clubs fans being in the area, and that if they were to throw them out for celebrating an opposition teams goal then it could reflect badly on the business that owns the seats and was trying to entertain clients so won't be done.

As for whether he should have celebrated, well he was in an accepted mixed fan area, his team scored / won so why shouldn't he celebrate?

Hoops Seagull

Nov 17, 2008
I myself went to a 1901 presentation. It was never mentioned that away fans would be in this area. It was sold as "an extra special treat for long suffering Brighton fans". It was said that local businesses had also brought tickets but it was never mentioned that away fans could be part of that. I think the club went wrong because when selling them to people they should have said "no away fans" or rivalry fans = no hassel for albion fans or the club. It would also help if they had more experienced stewards within the ground. Also if they knew that palace fans would be in the home end that night why didn't they put more experienced stewards in 1901 instead of people that clearly didn't do there jobs. I would like to add on last thing that I have been to many presentations about the staduim and all the time we have always been told that the "west stand if the main HOME stand"!! Perhaps people at the club need to remember what they told loyal Brighton fans at the very beginning

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports