Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you sit in F164-F165 in 1901 you are a disgrace (merged threads)

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well, all I have learned from this thread is that I am bloody relieved not to be in the 1901.

Oh and this.

After all the bitching and binfestry it appears that people have forgotten that 1901 was originally an area for CORPORATE. This means businesses and therefore neutrals and GASP! away fans too as businesses entertain their clients*.

However it seems that alot of Albion fans have snapped up these 1901 tix as some sort of luxury seat/area. Thats NOT what its for. Fair play for having the cash and stumping it up but never forget its corporate first and foremost.

*Its generally accepted tho that when in corporate areas you do not celebrate wildly as if you had won the league etc or you will be asked to leave. Cheer by all means but giving it the biggun is not on.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Oh and this.

After all the bitching and binfestry it appears that people have forgotten that 1901 was originally an area for CORPORATE. This means businesses and therefore neutrals and GASP! away fans too as businesses entertain their clients*.

However it seems that alot of Albion fans have snapped up these 1901 tix as some sort of luxury seat/area. Thats NOT what its for. Fair play for having the cash and stumping it up but never forget its corporate first and foremost.

*Its generally accepted tho that when in corporate areas you do not celebrate wildly as if you had won the league etc or you will be asked to leave. Cheer by all means but giving it the biggun is not on.

I disagree, the 1901 was not set up purely as a client entertainment area. When Des was inviting everyone to join in his presentation video it was an open invitation to all to enjoy the hospitality offered by the club. At Withers the hospitality was populated by fans and businesses who were fans, there was no reason to suspect that the make-up of the 1901 membership would be any different.

Also the 1901 membership was priced very attractively and was bound to appeal to fans who wanted to treat themselves to a little extra comfort and who can blame them for that. If it was meant to be some exclusive corporate junket it would have been smaller and more expensive, instead it occupies the middle ground rather than the top end of the market.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I disagree, the 1901 was not set up purely as a client entertainment area. When Des was inviting everyone to join in his presentation video it was an open invitation to all to enjoy the hospitality offered by the club. At Withers the hospitality was populated by fans and businesses who were fans, there was no reason to suspect that the make-up of the 1901 membership would be any different.

Also the 1901 membership was priced very attractively and was bound to appeal to fans who wanted to treat themselves to a little extra comfort and who can blame them for that. If it was meant to be some exclusive corporate junket it would have been smaller and more expensive, instead it occupies the middle ground rather than the top end of the market.

Nah its aimed at the business end. Business = corporate = client entertaining whoever they may be.

However alot more Albion fans got their hands on it.

Hence the dress code for example, thats standard for most corporate places.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Nah its aimed at the business end. Business = corporate = client entertaining whoever they may be.

However alot more Albion fans got their hands on it.

Hence the dress code for example, thats standard for most corporate places.

It was aimed at both.

Why wouldn't the club maximise their income? The problem is that there are two sets of people with completely different standards/expectations.

IMO they should have had a corporate lounge AND a fans lounge. That would have avoided all of this.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It was aimed at both.

Why wouldn't the club maximise their income? The problem is that there are two sets of people with completely different standards/expectations.

IMO they should have had a corporate lounge AND a fans lounge. That would have avoided all of this.

Totally agree, it's the obvious answer.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
not where i sit matt, different faces every game

That's not the case where we are, although it does vary a little their is a good 50% plus that are the same every game.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Totally agree, it's the obvious answer.

No it's not.

No-one seems to have had an issue with away fans in the lounges - it's in the stand that seems to be the issue.

daveyboy1973

Feb 5, 2010
bexleyheath
bozza we did in the mezzanine gold south lounge after the leeds game, started in the stand and carried on in the lounge after when they were still giving the big un, nearly kicked off till they asked them to leave

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
No it's not.

No-one seems to have had an issue with away fans in the lounges - it's in the stand that seems to be the issue.

Sorry I didn't make that clear. I should have said corporate section instead of lounge. I.e You have the corporates in the Profile lounge (centre of the middle tier) and all other lounges don't have the dress code.

Of course I have no idea if it's even viable in terms of numbers, but that would seem more sensible than the current arrangement.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Sorry I didn't make that clear. I should have said corporate section instead of lounge. I.e You have the corporates in the Profile lounge (centre of the middle tier) and all other lounges don't have the dress code.

Of course I have no idea if it's even viable in terms of numbers, but that would seem more sensible than the current arrangement.

f*** that. put the corporates in the BUPA. There is a better view from the Profile which should obviously go to those who actually care about the football.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
Better view....behave!!! I would rather sit in amongst the corporates than give up the best seats in the stadium that the BUPA guys have.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
At Withers the hospitality was populated by fans and businesses who were fans

Only because no corporates would touch the Albion with a bargepole til the Falmer planning permission went through. American Express included. Did hospitality twice at Withdean, both times through NSC sponsored games, and found little to like about it. Give me the South Stand any day. The meal was fine, but you could be anywhere. You get a little pre-game teamsheet that you could hear over the tannoy anyways, and there was a rush for tea/coffee/overpriced beer at half-time that meant you missed the start of the second half - and in NSC's case missed Divin' Daniel Webb's one and only goal for the club. You got to swan around for a wee bit after the game, come within touching distance of MoM and whoever else had been dragooned into appearing, but overall it was a horrible soul-less experience. If I was forced to do that every home game as my 'match day experience', I'd almost certainly stop going to football.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
No it's not.

You're misunderstanding. I was agreeing that splitting 1901 members between fans and corporates would be a good move. That's all. Different discussion to the away fans point.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
But surely isn't that why there is a gold and platinum option. Platinum ideally for businesses and gold for supporters who want more comfort. We are front row of G, people next to us are 'proper fans'.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
But surely isn't that why there is a gold and platinum option. Platinum ideally for businesses and gold for supporters who want more comfort. We are front row of G, people next to us are 'proper fans'.

This is a fair point and we're in Gold as well. I would like to see them adjust what they offer in Gold as a result. However I do think very many genuine fans are in the platinum club.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Only because no corporates would touch the Albion with a bargepole til the Falmer planning permission went through. American Express included. Did hospitality twice at Withdean, both times through NSC sponsored games, and found little to like about it. Give me the South Stand any day. The meal was fine, but you could be anywhere. You get a little pre-game teamsheet that you could hear over the tannoy anyways, and there was a rush for tea/coffee/overpriced beer at half-time that meant you missed the start of the second half - and in NSC's case missed Divin' Daniel Webb's one and only goal for the club. You got to swan around for a wee bit after the game, come within touching distance of MoM and whoever else had been dragooned into appearing, but overall it was a horrible soul-less experience. If I was forced to do that every home game as my 'match day experience', I'd almost certainly stop going to football.

Disagree, I thought the hospitality at Withdean was just fine when experienced through an NSC sponsored game or when I was the guest of someone else. The staff really looked after you there and made you feel at home. From purely anecdotal evidence most of those who took the Withers hospitality booked up for the 1901 straightaway. If the club wanted a seriously exclusive corporate only environment then they should have charged MORE and limited the membership. The truth is the 1901 club price compares very well with standard punter ST prices at the Emirates, Stamford Bridge and White Hart Lane etc. It was priced attractively so that fans with a little cash to spare could afford it. It was not prohibitively priced to attract a purely corporate customer. If that was the intention, then it was a massive failure.

Given that there are separate lounges in the 1901, maybe one could be become more exclusive and business class and the others premium economy to use airline terminology, with rules and regulations to match.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
who really cares, it does not matter as long as the club earns the revenue. Seems like you are just bitter. The more opposing fans that mix in a friendly manner, the better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here