Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hove Park Run : Albion fan in green away kit. If you're on here....

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Slower, but still got sub-22. Started right at the back, which cost me a good few seconds, but I had one eye on tomorrow's Bexhill Triathlon - didn't want to turn up there TOTALLY knackered.

Not many weeks left in the challenge, folks...

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
The cricket won this week. Decided to hold back on the pace but 23.09 should not have hurt as much as it did. Have Days 1,3 and 5 at The Oval and then it is serious training for the 7th September. Have to adjust my goal and will be happy to go under 21:30. Thanks to the competition that will be 3 mins better than June this year!

Is Bexhill a sea swim? What are distances?

PC-Gull

The Muffin Man
Apr 12, 2008
Brighton, Sussex, England
Took another 56 seconds off my previous PB yesterday. Still need to take off another 34 seconds to meet my end of Summer target of sub 30 minutes, but I'm getting there.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'm going to be making my debut on Saturday, just a quick question about the route - I'm told it's two and a half laps starting from the Basketball courts? Which way around does it go, clockwise or anti-clockwise? Also, what is the situation with refreshments? Any help appreciated, I'll be looking for 28 minutes.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
I'm going to be making my debut on Saturday, just a quick question about the route - I'm told it's two and a half laps starting from the Basketball courts? Which way around does it go, clockwise or anti-clockwise? Also, what is the situation with refreshments? Any help appreciated, I'll be looking for 28 minutes.

Anti-clockwise

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The cricket won this week. Decided to hold back on the pace but 23.09 should not have hurt as much as it did. Have Days 1,3 and 5 at The Oval and then it is serious training for the 7th September. Have to adjust my goal and will be happy to go under 21:30. Thanks to the competition that will be 3 mins better than June this year!

Is Bexhill a sea swim? What are distances?

500m sea swim (choppy but not freezing this morning), 25km bike and 5km run (first half km was one of the hardest I've ever done - my legs felt totally gone). Finished in 1:23. Triathlons are great fun - got an Olympic distance on in September.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Yep, anti-clockwise, and finishes at the cafe, which does a mean flapjack. Mostly though, I'm not hungry when I've finished.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
500m sea swim (choppy but not freezing this morning), 25km bike and 5km run (first half km was one of the hardest I've ever done - my legs felt totally gone). Finished in 1:23. Triathlons are great fun - got an Olympic distance on in September.

They are great fun. Especially in the choppy water when time goes out the window. Did them every year since 2004 until 3 years ago. Pinnacle was the Windsor full triathlon in 2:37:40 in 2010. Not bad for the over 50's age group.That's when I got my Hove Park PB at 19:30. Been on a 3 year drinking sabbatical since then and will never revisit those times unless I am reincarnated or find a time machine. Looking to do a few next summer though and will pencil in Bexhill.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Set a new PB this morning and met my end of summer target of sub 30. Finished in 29:54, beating my time from last week by 40 seconds.

Well done on your pb and breaking the barrier. I could not even get there this morning. Day 1 and 3 at the Oval with slow play has led to excessive amounts of drinking. I think am pregnant. Just tomorrow left at the cricket, or non cricket, and then 2 weeks prep for the 7th September big effort. Be hard to beat time from 3 weeks back but best training programme I have ever followed.

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
ran the Preston Park one this morning, got my first ever sub-20 and beat my PB...ran it in 19:54! Well chuffed with that, and coming 16th feels great! Now to beat 20 minutes at Hove Park!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Nice work 7:18. I ran 21.57 again. Third time since July. Need to get quicker, quickly!

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Did a new course best this morning, 20:16...it was really strange as I had the intention of just relaxing and enjoying the run, wasn't pushing myself too hard and came away wondering how that transpired into such a good time for me and feeling really happy with the run. A bit backwards!

The September 7th challenge looms ever closer!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Did a new course best this morning, 20:16...it was really strange as I had the intention of just relaxing and enjoying the run, wasn't pushing myself too hard and came away wondering how that transpired into such a good time for me and feeling really happy with the run. A bit backwards!

The September 7th challenge looms ever closer!

The challenge looms closer indeed. Well done. You have to break 20 minutes next week for me to feel the challenge was worthwhile. I will run next week but it will be nigh impossible to beat my 21:40 of 3 or 4 weeks back and you have improved too much for me to beat your times by Christmas as boasted. But run I will!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I've got no chance either, I'm afraid. Gave it a miss this week - first time for a while. Not going to get anywhere near my PB next week, let alone Mr 7:18...

I'll still give it a go, mind. Just to see if I can get something other than 21:57!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Thanks for the push everyone. I managed to beat this years pb by around 15 seconds with 21:25 only 2 mins away from my best pb 3 years back. I think I was wind assisted up the hill but needed that. Saw 7:18 leisurely stroll past me on the first lap whilst I was already going flat out. Only disappointment was the Albion shirt that sprinted past me on the final 200 metres. He finished in around 21:15. Hope it wasn't the Bobkin finishing sprint!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here