Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hove Park Run : Albion fan in green away kit. If you're on here....

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I will probably end a lot later than you lot as you're looking at 20 and I'm looking for 30. Oh well. Bring it on.

The aim is for each of us to get our best time for the summer. It's worked with me. I now have the Bobkin on my heels and 7:18 just out of view a minute ahead. Luckily An old school friend with 180 park runs consistently runs at 20.30 to 20.50. He will be my unknowing pacer in a months time. I started with him yesterday but struggled for that last mile and the hill became a mountain. I like how we are all anonymous at present.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Not run since i was 16, so 12 years of no running needs changing. What are these times for, is there a track at Hove park or something?? Will go along tomorrow morning i think.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Not run since i was 16, so 12 years of no running needs changing. What are these times for, is there a track at Hove park or something?? Will go along tomorrow morning i think.

Its a small lap and two big laps of Hove Park, (total 5km) starting at 9am. You need to register at parkrun.com to get a number (barcode). Bring it along and you can keep track of your times week-by-week.

As a veteran of 100+ parkruns, I have to say it is a fantastic free event, well organised and a great community spirit.

Good luck.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
O god not ready for that yet!! Is the run available at all other times? Not ready for a big group run as will embarass myself!!

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
O god not ready for that yet!! Is the run available at all other times? Not ready for a big group run as will embarass myself!!

there are people that take 45 minutes to an hour, there is no one there that is embarassing themselves...just being out there and doing it is an achievement in itself...thats why parkrun rewards turning up, not necessarily your time

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
I'll be there tomorrow morning chaps, look for the ginger bloke in the old Brighton "skint" era training top :thumbsup:

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I'll be there tomorrow morning chaps, look for the ginger bloke in the old Brighton "skint" era training top :thumbsup:

You were right in front of me at the start, you must have went ahead as I didn't see you again. I timed myself as 23:56 so relatively happy with that. I really didn't pace it well or respect the distance I clocked under 4 mins 30 for the first K and I was out on my feet by 2K. Ill learn for next time.

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
You were right in front of me at the start, you must have went ahead as I didn't see you again. I timed myself as 23:56 so relatively happy with that. I really didn't pace it well or respect the distance I clocked under 4 mins 30 for the first K and I was out on my feet by 2K. Ill learn for next time.

I managed 20:46, which is 10 seconds off my PB...well done for coming along to Hove Park, hope you enjoyed it...good time!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I managed 20:46, which is 10 seconds off my PB...well done for coming along to Hove Park, hope you enjoyed it...good time!

Was with you for the first lap and then faded a bit. I think I was exactly a minute behind you, but at least it is under 22 again. Onwards and upwards.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I managed 10.21 a.m before I got my first pint of Stowford Press at the Third Test. Slowed down a lot after that fast start and ended up with only having 5. Will train this week but next week will be at Chester le Street for another early start.

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
I managed 10.21 a.m before I got my first pint of Stowford Press at the Third Test. Slowed down a lot after that fast start and ended up with only having 5. Will train this week but next week will be at Chester le Street for another early start.

did you stretch before hand?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
did you stretch before hand?

Always. I did a few arm flexes.
Getting lunch time train to Durham so had time to do park run this morning. Wish I hadn't. Slower than 2 weeks ago and my upward progression has faltered. 67th whatever time that will be. Still be better of for doing that and still 4 weeks until the supreme effort on 7th September.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'm going backwards as well, got 20:46 last week, 20:51 today!

And I'm still exactly a minute behind you!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I am too old to read my number as well I finished 57 and a split second in front of Greg Bobkin but I didn't catch what you looked like. You must have nearly got me on the line.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I am too old to read my number as well I finished 57 and a split second in front of Greg Bobkin but I didn't catch what you looked like. You must have nearly got me on the line.

Ah, that'll be the Bobkin sprint finish. Managed to take a good few people from the basketball court on Saturday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here