Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hove Park Run : Albion fan in green away kit. If you're on here....

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
OK. I now know you are Tony and 7.18 is Owen. I ran 24.37 on 29/6/2013 over 5 minutes from my 3 year old PB. This is not good enough. I am off trekking in California and Utah for a couple of months in September and October. I need to get fit. I need an objective and I need competition. I through down the gauntlet for a NSC Hove Park Run Challenge for the 7 September this year. There can only be one loser. My beer gut, which has 10 days at 5 Ashes tests in the coming weeks.....

Anyone entering let me know and I will formulate the NSC table for the day.

I'm not Tony, but I'd be up for anything that helps get my time down. Pacemakers are good, but they rarely do the times I need - I had unofficial ones on Saturday, but none of us hit the magic 20.40.

Plan is to go under 20 by the end of the year, but that seems a long way off.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
I set myself a new PB today (beating last weeks 21.06). Not sure exactly on my official time as results are not in yet, but think I was around the 20.45 marker. My aim now is to get as close to sub-20 as possible by the end of the year. It seems I run faster when its hot!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I set myself a new PB today (beating last weeks 21.06). Not sure exactly on my official time as results are not in yet, but think I was around the 20.45 marker. My aim now is to get as close to sub-20 as possible by the end of the year. It seems I run faster when its hot![/QUO

Well done. I missed it again. Returned, much heavier, at midnight from 3 days at Trent Bridge. I must fit in some running before Lords....

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I set myself a new PB today (beating last weeks 21.06). Not sure exactly on my official time as results are not in yet, but think I was around the 20.45 marker. My aim now is to get as close to sub-20 as possible by the end of the year. It seems I run faster when its hot!

Nice one. I need to aim for that too. No show today, but back next week.

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
my official time came in at 20.50...not as great as I thought but still a PB and I got to the 4k marker on 16 minutes...struggled in the last k but know I can push for quicker

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
my official time came in at 20.50...not as great as I thought but still a PB and I got to the 4k marker on 16 minutes...struggled in the last k but know I can push for quicker

That is awesome. Do you drink/smoke?

I did 21.15, beat my pb by 45 seconds. Dunno what the **** is going on at the moment, must be the heat and new trainers.

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
That is awesome. Do you drink/smoke?

I did 21.15, beat my pb by 45 seconds. Dunno what the **** is going on at the moment, must be the heat and new trainers.

brilliant time, well done...no I don't drink or smoke actually, never done either!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
brilliant time, well done...no I don't drink or smoke actually, never done either!

Another PB today, I see? Brilliant effort. I seem to be going in the opposite direction with 22.28 today! Any tips?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
23:17. A minute improvement but still well away from PB. 2 weeks at cricket now and a return on the 17th to Hove Park. Aiming to take another minute off then. Owen has already improved too much for me to catch this side of Christmas but I will get onto fartlek immediately and a day on the downs each week.

D

Deleted User X18H

I was 19 seconds off my PB obviously it's a lot slower.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Managed 21:40 today. 6 pints and half a bottle of wine at the cricket yesterday. Must be good for me!. The 7th september showdown is looking good. Looking at progress I should be able to get under 21 but will it be enough to beat 7.18 on the day?

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
sorry guys, didn't see the updates on this thread until just now...got 20:36 last week but only 20:39 today, think I definitely went out too fast as I got to the 1k marker at 3.45...thats ultimately what cost me another new PB. As for tips, I don't think I know enough about what I'm doing to give any out!

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
I'm not in as good a shape as you lot seem to be, but I set myself a new PB at 32:58. My end of summer target is sub 30.

another entrant into the September 7th challenge...no turning back now!

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Is there a running app we can join to make a running league so times and distances can be shared? Im sure one of my brothers used something similar during a period of his Tri training.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Sub-22 this week - I'm coming back! Don't know if he's on here but special shout to 'Viney' in the Albion home kit who I shared a sprint finish at the end today.

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Is there a running app we can join to make a running league so times and distances can be shared? Im sure one of my brothers used something similar during a period of his Tri training.

an NSC mini-league would be fun but I'm just not sure how to manage and measure it? :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here