Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hove Park Run : Albion fan in green away kit. If you're on here....

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Was nice to meet you knocky, yes I should have pushed more in the first k and i might have made my course best at Hove Park...missed it by ONE second I think. But there's always next week!

Rock

Jan 31, 2008
My first hove park run this morning... And first time I have posted on here for YEARS!
It was my first run for 3 years after a big London marathon injury.. And I felt good! 26 minutes for 5k.. Not fast, but ok for first time back! Met an Albion fan at the end for a chat.. A really great social, fun way to start the weekend... I may even start posting on NSC a little now too...

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Thanks for the push everyone. I managed to beat this years pb by around 15 seconds with 21:25 only 2 mins away from my best pb 3 years back. I think I was wind assisted up the hill but needed that. Saw 7:18 leisurely stroll past me on the first lap whilst I was already going flat out. Only disappointment was the Albion shirt that sprinted past me on the final 200 metres. He finished in around 21:15. Hope it wasn't the Bobkin finishing sprint!

Nah, wasn't me. Not there today, but just looked at the results. I'll be back next week, but I appreciate the challenge has gone. I've still got a sub 20 to get by the end of the year - somehow...

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Was right. 26:55 today. Could blame the dogs for waking me up in the middle of the night but more likely to be the cider consumption last night (mine not the dogs).

I managed a litre of wine Friday night what with the football being on but luckily my training this summer has had a strong emphasis on alcohol consumption. I am now cutting back on the booze (hopefully) but historically this has not lead to any great improvements. No more parkruns for me till November as 8 weeks hiking and touring South West USA. Will take the running shoes and hope to get another 30 seconds off on return.

Anchorman

Oct 19, 2007
Your fastest time this year Judge. Keep going left and right and picking up your step and you'll soon be back to former glories!

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Im thinking about doing one of these shortly. For the runners out there a bit of a trivial question. Is there anywhere safe to leave things while you run. E.g car keys etc?

The judge

Sep 28, 2011
Portslade
Always leave my Rucksack under the Rucksack Tree never heard of anything going missing lot of people about and all honest . Yes Anchorman best time this year and trying to get Back to 23 minutes of yesteryear . Will not be there this week as out on the Bike anyone riding the REMF or just fancy a ride out meeting at the Dogs home Shoreham 8.30 Saturday . Go Left Go Left .....

Adders1

Jan 14, 2013
Im thinking about doing one of these shortly. For the runners out there a bit of a trivial question. Is there anywhere safe to leave things while you run. E.g car keys etc?

Please say you're making a comeback to playing

ezzoud

Jul 5, 2003
If any of you lads fancy a change of scenery one Saturday by all means head over to the Eastbourne parkrun at Shinewater Lake.

Less crowded than Hove ,usually get about 100 runners, flat course 1km of which is on grass at this time of year - good PB chances, you know it makes sense:thumbsup:

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
2nd run for me today - timed myself at 23:02 which is almost a minute quicker than my first run in August. If I can stay booze free the night before I reckon sub 22 minutes is a distinct possibility.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
I don't live in Brighton anymore so always do the cheltenham one but last two home games I've done Preston park

Have any of you done hove and pp? Pp seems to be tougher-I can't get close to my cheltenham time and today I pushed myself very hard and still got around 21.30!

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
I must have been right by you bug nuts, timed myself at 23:05 although official time was 22:54. pb for me.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I must have been right by you bug nuts, timed myself at 23:05 although official time was 22:54. pb for me.

Yes my official time was 23:04 - unfortunately I won't be back until the first week of November but I'm convinced I can go round between 21:30-22:00 by the end of the year. A bottle of wine, 4 pints and 4 hours sleep wasn't the best preparation for today.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Managed to get along again today, as I restricted myself to just the five drinks last night. Got round in 22:41 again a PB. I think it's going to get tough to go much quicker now, at best sub 22:00 but thats still a long way off.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
I was there today with my 10 year old son today who ran his first Park Run - 32 minutes so not bad!.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I've been involved at maldon prom parkrun since the start, Event #7 today, and I haven't run one yet.

Staying in weymouth next weekend for the Yeovil game, and the Hotel is yards from Weymouth parkrun, so I'll be doing that one next week!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here