Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hove Park Run : Albion fan in green away kit. If you're on here....

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I managed a litre of wine Friday night what with the football being on but luckily my training this summer has had a strong emphasis on alcohol consumption. I am now cutting back on the booze (hopefully) but historically this has not lead to any great improvements. No more parkruns for me till November as 8 weeks hiking and touring South West USA. Will take the running shoes and hope to get another 30 seconds off on return.

Does this mean you're back next week, knocky? Hove Park parkrun's 6th birthday and I think it should be the start of a new challenge for Christmas/new year. I'm continuing to be just under 22 mins, so a sub-20 finish is looking an impossible dream this year.

For anyone contemplating it, come down next week, 9am. They'll be cakes and everything!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Does this mean you're back next week, knocky? Hove Park parkrun's 6th birthday and I think it should be the start of a new challenge for Christmas/new year. I'm continuing to be just under 22 mins, so a sub-20 finish is looking an impossible dream this year.

For anyone contemplating it, come down next week, 9am. They'll be cakes and everything!

Thanks for the shout. Arrive back on Friday so will try and do a slow jet lagged jog and eat some Hove run birthday cake.

No idea of times. Walking fit and belly a bit trimmer but only a few runs here. They were at altitude, 7,000 to 9,000 foot, and I hope that was why I was puffing and gasping so much!

The aim at present is knocking 21 secs off by Xmas to go under 21 minutes and a best case scenario of under 20:30.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Back to a better running time today, did it in 20:30 and enjoyed it, feeling good at the end...have been struggling the last few weeks and have been closer to 21 but back on track now...shame I'm travelling up to Wigan next week!

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Perfect day for it, cold crisp and sunny (compared with last week's deluge!) and despite being ill all week a pb of 22:29. Sub 22 here I come!

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
This is the most boring self indulgent drivel of a thread. Well done all.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
First Hove park run this morning. Was a good day for it and a much bigger turn out than my local park run in Cheltenham. Waiting for times to be posted.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
got my best ever time at Hove Park this morning, 20:08...so close to the sub 20, really thought I was going to do it too!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
got my best ever time at Hove Park this morning, 20:08...so close to the sub 20, really thought I was going to do it too!

Well done. Hope you didn't waste those 8 seconds in the first half mile setting your music up!

I was watching the cricket. Since the summer I have been running backwards timewise due to lack of effort. I have started my Brighton Marathon training this week with the aim of it being my last and getting a sub 3:45. So will do a few Park Runs over the next few months.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Great effort. I had high hopes of a sub-20 by the end of the year, but I've gone backwards. 22.28 I think today...

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven

Awesome, cant be too far away from the sub 20 now!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here