Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Holroyd

Has Holroyd been written off too early?

• Total voters

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
He's clearly got talent, just been a bit unlucky and lacking in confidence. While he is a BHA player it's doing no good to anyone by slagging him off.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
He definitely needs more of a chance but I wonder whether that might be on loan at a League 2 team to give him games. Even with the strikeforce we have now, he will rarely start as we may well play 4-5-1 reasonably often, especially away from home, and he is third choice. With us looking likely to sign one, maybe even two, more strikers by the end of August, I can see him being loaned out.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Shouldn't be anywhere near the starting XI if we are serious about making an impression on this league.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I wonder if we'll ever be unlucky enough to sign a player that isn't good enough, so far we've just had Lads That Need A Run Of Games And Some Confidence So Get Behind Our Brave Boys.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I wonder if we'll ever be unlucky enough to sign a player that isn't good enough, so far we've just had Lads That Need A Run Of Games And Some Confidence So Get Behind Our Brave Boys.

:lol:
Don't forget "a good pre season"

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
Needs to go out on loan to a league 2 club and get some games and goals under his belt and then see what he's like when he comes back. Like Leeds did with Beckford :thumbsup:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Poyet must see something in him as he keeps giving him minutes so I'll take his thoughts over anyone's here.
Wouldn't mind seeing him on the wing use a bit of the pace and take the pressure off being the front man.

Shouldn't be anywhere near the starting XI if we are serious about making an impression on this league.

Agree completely. However on a cold Saturday afternoon in November when we are 2-0 down to some pithy northern team, screaming, shouting & booing Holroyd, if he is playing will keep me warm.
Saves going down to Millets to spend £60 on a coat!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Was sort of expecting him to have bulked up over the Summer. If anything, looks even more lightweight than he was before. This boy has no part to play whatsoever in any Albion side professing to be challenging for promotion to the the next level. SAKE! About the best that can be said for him is that he's not OGH and has youth and a future career in non-league football in his favour :rolleyes:

Totally agree he has no part to play because he is not good enough.... As my Cambridge supporting mate said ' can't believe you've spent 60k on him cause he's not good enough'

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I hope he gets a chance on Tuesday against Northampton in the cup.

If he can get one goal it may open the floodgates

I hope he gets a chance on Tuesday against Northampton in the cup.

If he can get one goal it may open the floodgates

I sincerely hope that he doesn't get anywhere near the starting line up on Tuesday night. I would be prepared to play him for a Johnson Paint game, against a lower team.
This player is a dud, all managers make mistakes. He will not make it at this level. Even Poyet knows it now.
How embarrassing that the aging Hart played on Saturday whilst mr useless was nowhere near the pitch.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I sincerely hope that he doesn't get anywhere near the starting line up on Tuesday night. I would be prepared to play him for a Johnson Paint game, against a lower team.
This player is a dud, all managers make mistakes. He will not make it at this level. Even Poyet knows it now.
How embarrassing that the aging Hart played on Saturday whilst mr useless was nowhere near the pitch.

Gary Hart came on and played on the right wing, to be combative and help Calderon deal with Rose and O'Brien on that side for Swindon. He has experience of doing that sort of role, which is why he came on. It wasn't a slur against Holroyd in any way, you just used it as another reason to criticise the chap. It's pathetic.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Agree with Ninja. No way would Poyet have bought Holroyd on instead of Hart in the situation. Harty was on to get stuck in, help out Calderon and hound players, not something Holroyd is going to be asked to do.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
He's great, scored 2 in 3 (Should have been 3 in 3, had two goals disallowed against Colchester :rant: ) on FMH2010 on the iPod :jester:

He seriously needs more time. Theres a technically very gifted player who needs to up his confidence and awareness and man up a tad.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thought when we were under pressure for the last 10minutes Gus may have taken Barnes off and sent Holroyd on and told him just to keep running into the corner areas in their half and then hit balls to or at him to kill time. I think that he may have done better at holding the ball in those areas of the pitch than Barnes plus fresh legs to run.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
He seriously needs more time. Theres a technically very gifted player who needs to up his confidence and awareness and man up a tad.

He's not technically gifted, he just happens to have a bit of pace.

I still love him though:love:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
A little random, but after he had a shot saved by Rockin Robin on saturday (how embarrasing was it that they struggled to get shots past him?!), I noticed how big his feet are. They look freakishly long.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here