Holroyd

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Holroyd been written off too early?

• Total voters

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
On the commentary tonight, Aspinall said typically a scouting target will be watched 10 times, possibly more.

If in those ten games the professionals see enough to give him a chance, shouldn't us amateurs give him at least that? We probably need even more since we're not experts at what to look for.
but what we think doesn't matter. :lol:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
but what we think doesn't matter. :lol:

Well, obviously it's what Poyet thinks that matters. He knows better than us, he clearly saw Dickinson was rhubarb very quickly and moved him on, yet has perservered with Holroyd...

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Well, obviously it's what Poyet thinks that matters. He knows better than us, he clearly saw Dickinson was rhubarb very quickly and moved him on, yet has perservered with Holroyd...

Because it's his signing, obviously he doesn't want to look stupid, however, Holroyd has done nothing but show he should be loaned out to a lower team until his contract expires so far.

I sincerely hope that he doesn't get anywhere near the starting line up on Tuesday night. I would be prepared to play him for a Johnson Paint game, against a lower team.
This player is a dud, all managers make mistakes. He will not make it at this level. Even Poyet knows it now.
How embarrassing that the aging Hart played on Saturday whilst mr useless was nowhere near the pitch.

Regrettably proved right.
The dud that is Holroyd lasts 45 minutes for the Albion reserves at Northampton.
Thank goodness I wasn't at the ground last night.
Please Gus - don't ever play him at Withdean

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Even Aspinall on the radio was saying he isn't up to it and this is a scout and former proffessional.

At some point everyone will acknowledge he is shit , we always have a large amount on here that just don't see it for how it is though.

Because I don't see it as black and white as that.

I've been sticking up for him in these threads and I get the feeling people think I'm saying he's definitely going to come good. I don't think that, I know there are massive things lacking in his game at the moment, he doesn't get in the box enough, rerely threatens the goal during a game and doesn't look like scoring.

I'm willing at acknowledge that he does have some worthwhile qualities though - he looks comfortable on the ball, his passing is good i.e he hardly ever gives the ball away and he's quick.

I think he got put in the side before he was ready and in the wrong formation to suit him, the lone striker role has destroyed him.

I just don't see the point of abusing him on here. Peoples main problem is that we haven't bought another striker or 2. If Gus had secured his targets up front Holroyd wouldn't even be on the radar at the moment, but as we haven't people abuse the lowest in the pecking order - where's the sense in that.

paulclark

Sep 7, 2008
i think its the fact that weve let 3 strikers go and not replaced them is the problem

i love gary hart but he gave up being a striker 5 years ago

this should have been sorted ages ago or if it couldnt have been dont get rid of

nf was worth 15 goals dickenson 10 davies 4

so weve got barnes 10 holyroyd 1 hart 1 thats quite scary

Because I don't see it as black and white as that.

I've been sticking up for him in these threads and I get the feeling people think I'm saying he's definitely going to come good. I don't think that, I know there are massive things lacking in his game at the moment, he doesn't get in the box enough, rerely threatens the goal during a game and doesn't look like scoring.

I'm willing at acknowledge that he does have some worthwhile qualities though - he looks comfortable on the ball, his passing is good i.e he hardly ever gives the ball away and he's quick.

I think he got put in the side before he was ready and in the wrong formation to suit him, the lone striker role has destroyed him.

I just don't see the point of abusing him on here. Peoples main problem is that we haven't bought another striker or 2. If Gus had secured his targets up front Holroyd wouldn't even be on the radar at the moment, but as we haven't people abuse the lowest in the pecking order - where's the sense in that.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
i think its the fact that weve let 3 strikers go and not replaced them is the problem

this should have been sorted ages ago or if it couldnt have been dont get rid of

Disagree completely with that. Davies for a start never looked like scoring after his first game so how you can give him three more than Holroyd is beyond me. Dickinson didn't look bothered half the time and I don't care whether you are mates with him or not but Forster's actions made him leave the club. He also may well not have been able to score 15 goals this season in my opinion.

Finally, people wonder why we don't have success from non league and others do, it is because of the money we spend. Peterborough just spent £250K on Tomlin and have generally spent six figures on their non league players. We spent £55K on Dixon and £60K on Holroyd.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

Will you just f*** off. Sorry, but you have now admitted you are a mate of Forster's (and may yet turn out to be him/relly) so your view is totally prejudiced. You ONLY talk about Forster or slag off Gus but you masquerade as a fan. Jesus - you're and tedious wanker. (Apologies to everyone else for the language but this guy gets right on my nads)

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Will you just f*** off. Sorry, but you have now admitted you are a mate of Forster's (and may yet turn out to be him/relly) so your view is totally prejudiced. You ONLY talk about Forster or slag off Gus but you masquerade as a fan. Jesus - you're and tedious wanker. (Apologies to everyone else for the language but this guy gets right on my nads)

Agreed. Sod off to the Brentford forums please mate. I think you are making your mate Nicky look a bit stupid to be honest, and I think he would be pretty f***ed off with you if he knew you were on here posting shit about him. Nicky has moved on, so should you.....

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Holroyd could be given further time to prove himself if we had scoring strikers in the squad, we gave similar light weight players [Cox & Robinson] far too long which almost resulted in relegation,time is not on our side.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
One of Poyets few mistakes was keeping on Hart.

Holroyd should have been kept on IMO. 2 down, 10 men, often its worth sticking strong players on but in this case I think Hart's lacking of pace because of his age limited his use. Balls over the high northampton line, that Holroyd could run on to would have possibly provided a way in.

paulclark

Sep 7, 2008
Have you got any then

ive got loads of mates in football managers, players coaches,

and players that are still at Brighton

and Hans Kraay lol

hows the weather today

will you be at the garden centre or going to the match

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Didn't the report on the reserve match against the Gills just played say that we were very lightweight upfront and i think Holroyd played the whole match !!!!!!!
says it all really ...... Gus please loan out

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
We need a real backup striker, that person is Barnes, we are supposed to have another good striker to go alongside Murray.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Don't get on when we need a goal, can't be a good sign for him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports