Holroyd

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Holroyd been written off too early?

• Total voters

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Could he have have a good season?

Just intruiged by opinion on this really.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He looked better today in the few minutes he was on than he has on any previous occassion. However, I do not see him or Barnes come to that, as the men to shoot us to promotion.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Probably not, but he looked brighter today than any other time ive seen him. If he plays regularly we'll be in a bad way, put it that way.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Yes. I don't know if he will turn out to be any good, but he hasn't really been given a fair chance yet. A common occurrence, I think.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
i really wish people would get off his back, we will end up destroying him otherwise.

it happened with Davies and going back a few years, if the web had been more advanced, i shudder to think what would have become of Kurt Nogan, he was awful until one really did go in off his arse against Bournemouth if i remember rightly, then he couldnt stop scoring

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Looked fairly good today, but then again, who didn't?

I hope he has a good season, because we can't solely rely on Barnes and Murray.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I doubt that unless we get some injury problems he won't get much of a chance.

Jimmy Grimble

Haven't seen enough of him to judge properly but from what I have seen he seems technically competent.

Wouldn't want to give him a chance in a league game unless its the last 30 minutes of a match, though.

Let him start in the JPT/League cup games.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Thought he looked physically stronger and less boy-like than last season, he's obviously been training hard.

I really want him to do the business for the Albion, however, my heart says one thing and my head another.

The guy hasn't scored a goal for a year, even in the reserves - and he is a forward!!

He doesn't even get into positions when he could score a goal!!!

I remember Richard Tiltman, who was utter useless, but at least he got into goal scoring positions. Holroyd cannot even do this.

From what I hear from my one insider at the club, is that his confidence is low, hence why the manager & coaching staff keep giving him chances. Poyet doesn't want to lose face as Holroyd is his man - however, our young manager needs to learn the lesson, that even the best manager's make poor decisions occasionally.

I honestly believe that Holroyd wouldn't get into a League 2 team or most Blue Square Premier sides right now. There is one thing playing him at the end of a season when we couldn't go up or down, however, this year better things are expected.

I would even put Hart on as a centre forward in preference, right now.

Despite our lack of depth in forwards, I would loan Holroyd out right now - to stop the manager being tempted to play him.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I really want him to do the business for the Albion, however, my heart says one thing and my head another.

The guy hasn't scored a goal for a year, even in the reserves - and he is a forward!!

He doesn't even get into positions when he could score a goal!!!

I remember Richard Tiltman, who was utter useless, but at least he got into goal scoring positions. Holroyd cannot even do this.

From what I hear from my one insider at the club, is that his confidence is low, hence why the manager & coaching staff keep giving him chances. Poyet doesn't want to lose face as Holroyd is his man - however, our young manager needs to learn the lesson, that even the best manager's make poor decisions occasionally.

I honestly believe that Holroyd wouldn't get into a League 2 team or most Blue Square Premier sides right now. There is one thing playing him at the end of a season when we couldn't go up or down, however, this year better things are expected.

I would even put Hart on as a centre forward in preference, right now.

Despite our lack of depth in forwards, I would loan Holroyd out right now - to stop the manager being tempted to play him.

Errrrm.

Wrong. He does get in to chances. Often, he's playing off the last man waiting for a ball that he can use his blistering pace on. He just didn't get it quite often last season. I won't comment on the rest, but that point about him not getting in to chances/places he can run in to is utter bullshit.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Holroyd must know that this is the big chance for him.If he can accept this,after a poor start ,we will have a player ! Perhaps its Zero to Hero in his case ! (Kurt Nogan,had this problem......and he came good )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports