Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Holiday plans this summer?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Planning to visit the Balearics with anyone in your party not two weeks or more past their second Covid vaccination dose?

They won’t now be admitted entry unless carrying evidence of a negative PCR test result within 48 hours of arrival.

Imposed by Madrid today, first revealed last night.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Mexico cancelled 2nd year in a row, oh well we have re-scheduled for 2022

Hopefully double jabbed can travel soon to Canary Islands and will book that......might even push the boat out and stay longer as Burnley away can **** right off

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Glad I’m not working, otherwise I wouldn’t have enough time to muck about with all these bookings :)

So far this year have cancelled 3 trips, rearranged 3 from last year including a golf trip for 12 and booked in several previously unplanned UKgetaways. Been very careful to make sure everything is refundable or changeable without charge - so far hasn’t cost me anything in lost deposits or admin charges. Still chasing a summer holiday abroad after cancelling one in May and one in July…….got Madeira booked in September now. We’ll see :shrug::shrug: Vibes seem to be around more movement being allowed, with reduced testing, for the double-jabbed from late summer. Big 30th anniversary trip postponed from last year is to a green country in Oct so still hopeful that happens…….

Failing that, got a few days in Scotland next week and then Margate in a couple of weeks :)

feller

N00b
Aug 13, 2011
Cambridgeshire
Got all my fingers and toes crossed that my holiday to Rhodes will go ahead on 14th August. I've cancelled and rescheduled it three times so far. I really hope its not a fourth time.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Doing **** all this summer, but, bought a brand new snowboard and bindings in the sales and plan to go radio rental, chicken oriental next Feb/March to make up for lost winter sports holidays. I’m hoping for a week in Austria, and two weeks in France where the food is better.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Chucking it down outside ….it’s not been a great summer to date for staycation weather…I think I can remember one reasonable week in June ..but that’s about it

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Planning a Portugal trip. Has anyone used a reliable clinic selling PCR tests? There are some stories (saw one on cover of the Anus) about results not being delivered in time.

Stoaty Ferret

Jul 11, 2003
Brighton
Barbados in mid August for 3 weeks. My in-laws are all there and they haven’t seen my 3 year old in 2 years. They’ve just suffered a hurricane but they have a decent prime minister and are really well organised as far as COVID is concerned.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Misses has booked a few nights on Hayling Island in September, any good?

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Planning a Portugal trip. Has anyone used a reliable clinic selling PCR tests? There are some stories (saw one on cover of the Anus) about results not being delivered in time.

Used a local clinic in Winchester at Easter, which was 100% reliable but scarily expensive.

This trip, I've used them for the Day 5 test to Release, but am trying Boots for the Days 2 and 8 tests. I figured a high-street chain might be easier to contact etc if things do go awry; a lot of the problems with the cowboy providers is they're totally uncontactable.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Glad I’m not working, otherwise I wouldn’t have enough time to muck about with all these bookings :)

So far this year have cancelled 3 trips, rearranged 3 from last year including a golf trip for 12 and booked in several previously unplanned UKgetaways. Been very careful to make sure everything is refundable or changeable without charge - so far hasn’t cost me anything in lost deposits or admin charges. Still chasing a summer holiday abroad after cancelling one in May and one in July…….got Madeira booked in September now. We’ll see :shrug::shrug: Vibes seem to be around more movement being allowed, with reduced testing, for the double-jabbed from late summer. Big 30th anniversary trip postponed from last year is to a green country in Oct so still hopeful that happens…….

Failing that, got a few days in Scotland next week and then Margate in a couple of weeks :)

Just had a week in the Highlands , never seen it so busy , seems like all the Scots are there on holiday , oh and the other half came back with COVID so be careful

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Recently returned from 9 days in the Peak District and Yorkshire, absolutely glorious, weather was a bit hit and miss but the barkers enjoyed the fantastic walks, was hoping to do a few days at the Lake District but all the campsites were fully booked, will try again in September [emoji1303]
Back to the grindstone now.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Used a local clinic in Winchester at Easter, which was 100% reliable but scarily expensive.

This trip, I've used them for the Day 5 test to Release, but am trying Boots for the Days 2 and 8 tests. I figured a high-street chain might be easier to contact etc if things do go awry; a lot of the problems with the cowboy providers is they're totally uncontactable.
Thanks for this. I went into Superdrug on Western Road yesterday and they do them for £99. I'll look at Boots. What about getting the test abroad though for the return flight? One company (Randox, I think) seemed to do a deal with local clinics in Portugal but there were horror stories about their UK clinics not delivering / responding.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here