Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Holiday plans this summer?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
These people would far rather prospective customers just transfer money directly into their establishment's bank account. Clearly dealing with customers in real time is something they'd far rather not do. Boo Fvcking Hoo :cry:

"...err, we seem to have lost our line to Westminster there. Here's Julie with the weather outlook for the weekend."

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
It's horse trading behind the scenes. Conversation goes something along the lines of "Open up the UK on June 21st by all means Prime Minister, but you cannot have open foreign travel too; it's one or the other."

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It's horse trading behind the scenes. Conversation goes something along the lines of "Open up the UK on June 21st by all means Prime Minister, but you cannot have open foreign travel too; it's one or the other."

True.

I’ve heard Whitty and Dr Chris Smith explain this before.

If say schools open, pubs and restaurants close.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just driven back from Devon.......traffic was exceptionally heavy for a Thursday afternoon. Tues morning going down there was even worse (but not as bad as the weekend apparently).

UK roads won’t cope in the summer with everyone holidaying in the UK.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I wonder how [MENTION=35289]Baker lite[/MENTION] is getting on in sunny Yorkshire?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Going to Lanzarote 25th July. Hotel needs paying by 18th July. Just going to let it run until a few days before. This is the 7th time I have moved it

After so many cancellations for us last year, followed by the (successful) palaver of recovering the cost of flights and European train fares, lesson finally learnt, I’m currently just spinning one holidays plate - being Virgin NYC flights for this July. The hotel is easily cancellable on booking.com at no loss of money. Almost certainly not happening :(

I’m in no rush to book other holidays or flights.

Simon Calder has advised for months now, to not commit, instead being flexible about destinations, booking late if and when both countries give the green light.

We’re hoping to get away somewhere in mid August,

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Going to a Hobbit House near Robertsbridge in just over a week and then a tree house in Somerset in August. I’m not expecting too many delays in transit and certainly don’t expect to quarantine upon our return!

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Off to a cottage near Keswick in the Lake District on Saturday - rollover from last year - with an uncharacteristically good week of weather currently forecast (I'll believe that when I see it up there).

I'm less confident of the two weeks we've booked flights for in Spain in September/October - but one can but hope.

Marty McFly

Seagulls Over Canada
Aug 19, 2006
La Pêche, Quebec
Just booked a couple of weeks off work in Aug. Not a Scoobie where or what we'll do though. Hope is for a bikepacking trip in Newfoundland, reality may well be some backcountry camping a couple of hours away. Still, it'll be good to leave the municipality!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Off to a cottage near Keswick in the Lake District on Saturday - rollover from last year - with an uncharacteristically good week of weather currently forecast (I'll believe that when I see it up there).

I'm less confident of the two weeks we've booked flights for in Spain in September/October - but one can but hope.

Snap, Threlkeld for us in July.

Leaving overseas until next year, hopefully.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Lovely

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here