Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

hard BREXIT

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
What are you talking about? Things are WAY WAY WAY better than in the 70's by most measures.
This is true. We've stopped digging up that dirty coal, don't build smelly old boats or trains or many of our own cars, or tellys or many white goods, or that many airplanes,or engines, or run our own essential things like power or water or such.
However, we do currently sell insurance and banking services until that switches to Paris and Frankfurt, and we have lots and lots of baristas and burger flippers and pizza deliveries.
All is cool.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
This is true. We've stopped digging up that dirty coal, don't build smelly old boats or trains or many of our own cars, or tellys or many white goods, or that many airplanes,or engines, or run our own essential things like power or water or such.
However, we do currently sell insurance and banking services until that switches to Paris and Frankfurt, and we have lots and lots of baristas and burger flippers and pizza deliveries.
All is cool.

We are the 6th largest economy on the planet. With more people employed than ever in our history. That's quite cool.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The size of the eco my has little to do with the wealth of the people.
The wealth of the people is on average far higher than in the 70's. However due to overpopulation and the nature of the economy now, there living standards of the newer generation are going down relatively.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
That's not the way I read the post from [MENTION=26105]Soulman[/MENTION]
The point being made is that people are unhappy with uncontrolled Immigration. The 'over complaining' refers to the view that it is not necessary for us to respond to the extreme position of uncontrolled
Immigration with the equally extreme zero immigration. We can instead adopt the
more moderate position of measuring and controlling the inwards movement of people so our
society can plan public service provision and mitigate social consequences. It is the way we used to operate border controls and is also the way most of the rest of the developed world works.
Simple really isn't it :thumbsup:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
No, merely a simple allusion to the palpable flaccidity of your cranial content and it's repetitively risibly juvenile product.
Yes, of course it was ::lolol: it was an attempt at an insult which failed miserably due to you being about as blokeish as a Caesar salad :lolol:

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Depends what you look at . Education was free in the 70s, so we are worse off now in the respect. House prices were affordable, they are not anymore.

I assume that most young persons were not going to University in the 70's compared to now and I suspect home ownership was more scarce then than now, I was a very happy youngster in the 70's and I might yearn for things to be like it was back then, but overall things I am sure are better.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Yes, overall I would agree. That does not mean that everything is better. Some things have gone backwards, a lot!
That is true. But this thread in my opinion is more about economics and less about quality of life. Personally, for quality of life, it could be argued that things were better for many of us in the 70's.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Yes, of course it was ::lolol: it was an attempt at an insult which failed miserably due to you being about as blokeish as a Caesar salad :lolol:

As a female, I suppose I should take that as a complement.......

Get some in, soft boy.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
We have been on the slide since the 70's, nothing, (well maybe perfecting Fusion ) we can do will improve the slow decline of this nation.... it is the way of things.

01273 772277

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
As a female, I suppose I should take that as a complement.......

Get some in, soft boy.
Take it however you like , either way your insults are crap , "soft boy" "get some in " they're just rubbish :lolol:

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Take it however you like , either way your insults are crap , "soft boy" "get some in " they're just rubbish :lolol:

And yet, so apposite little man.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
And yet, so apposite little man.

Oh no , grrr, snarl , rises to the bait , you've called me little man , (think much gnashing of teeth) , yet another piss poor attempt at insulting me /winding me up , you really need to do a bit better sweetheart.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Oh no , grrr, snarl , rises to the bait , you've called me little man , (think much gnashing of teeth) , yet another piss poor attempt at insulting me /winding me up , you really need to do a bit better sweetheart.

Unlike your victims, I'm just refusing to be intimidated by an angry, sadly limited, racist bully.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here