hard BREXIT

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hard and Soft are too binary.

Best Brexit, Brilliantly Negotiated Brexit are better.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Despite the democratically arrived-at will of the people, hard to escape the lingering feeling that BREXIT will never happen.

This.

"we know we asked you, but you clearly didn't understand the question as you gave us the wrong answer. It's ok though, we'll put that right for you. Oh - don't hold your breath waiting for us to ask you again; we're not sure we could stand you getting it wrong a second time. Thanks. Oh - vote for me in the GE please".

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Apart from the fact nobody actually knows what Brexit means, nothing at all.

BrExit pretty clearly means Britain leaving the European Union. That is what was on the ballot paper. That is what was voted for by the majority. That is what we will do. It doesn't seem an overly complicated concept.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
BrExit pretty clearly means Britain leaving the European Union. That is what was on the ballot paper. That is what was voted for by the majority. That is what we will do. It doesn't seem an overly complicated concept.

Best tell that to the government then cos they haven't got a ****ing clue what it actually means!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

Yep, that's clearly what Brexit means. I still have major doubts that it will actually happen though... here's how it could pan out, imo, 2-4 months between each line

"We know you voted for Brexit. We're going to deliver it"
"There have to be some red lines in our leaving position. For example, we have to have free, unfettered access to the common market"
"We're negotiating hard to get our terms accepted by our partners"
"We're still negotiating and making significant progress"
"Still negotiating, think there's sign of a break through"
"Success!! Best of both worlds!!. We know that the main thing you were voting against was lack of control over our borders. We've managed to negotiate something that 'gives us back control', plus, and here's the good bit, if we stay in, we get to keep all the good bits too. See? Best of both worlds. We're staying in"
"Second referendum? No, we have a parliamentary democracy - no need".

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

It's what happens and what changes and what we keep and what we don't and everything else after we've left, that even the people in power can't seem to agree on that makes me suspect it might be a tad complicated.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
It's what happens and what changes and what we keep and what we don't and everything else after we've left, that even the people in power can't seem to agree on that makes me suspect it might be a tad complicated.

I don't think anyone is saying it won't be complicated. But I am sure it will happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here