Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

hard BREXIT

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
[Pedant alert] John Howell is a PPS but not a member of the Privy Council so, he's an Hon not a Right Hon ...

Very true and I obviously meant the current Right Honourable member for Uxbridge and South Ruislip as well. :blush:

D

Deleted member 22389

What is it that you Remainers don't get? The GOVERNMENT didn't want BREXIT. They nearly ALL voted for REMAIN (snouts in the trough you see). May didn't support Brexit (although she wasn't exactly supporting Remain either).

So of course the GOVERNMENT doesn't have a plan, because the vote was promised by CMD and he never thought he would lose, so never even prepared any groundwork.

The GOVERNMENT are recruiting trade negatiators at the moment and trying to develop a strategy, but it wasn't the GOVERNMENTS choice to leave, it was the majority of the population who voted.

So, FFS, stop going on about no plan. They (the Remainers) didn't plan as CMD stopped civil servants doing any form of planning as he didn't want to countenance the risk of losing. So, if you want to blame anyone, blame the F*CKING REMAIN team for being so THICK as to not even plan for the possibility that, in a Yes/No vote, you may F*CKING lose.

See, it ain't that complicated. Farage, Gove, Johnson, etc. WEREN'T IN POWER. Remainers were.

Spot on and another thumbs up from me.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Probably less than £8bln a year that we pay into the EU.

Before you say that's going on the NHS. I never believed that, same as I didn't believe all of the lies from the Remainers about :
House Prices.
£30bln emergency budget,
Interest rates going up.
WW3.
Back of the queue with the USA.

No need to list anymore.

No I'm none of the above and I said nothing to imply any of those. I just believe that this is more about cutting off ones nose to spite ones face and nothing will be gained by it. It just distracts us from more important things like the enviroment for example.

D

Deleted member 22389

Probably less than £8bln a year that we pay into the EU.

Before you say that's going on the NHS. I never believed that, same as I didn't believe all of the lies from the Remainers about :
House Prices.
£30bln emergency budget,
Interest rates going up.
WW3.
Back of the queue with the USA.

No need to list anymore.

The last few months have been absolutely great, it's been quiet, but just lately I have noticed a ramping up of Brexit news again. I never listened to the bullshit from the Remain camp before the referendum and I'm not going to listen to the Bullshit from the Remain camp after it. Just best to try and get on with your day.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
They can choose whatever brexit they want, they are parliament. Of course they dont have to do any brexit, they are parliament, it was a consultatory vote. But if its hard, i'll look for soft or stay parties

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Best tell that to the government then cos they haven't got a ****ing clue what it actually means!

But it's all in the hands of Liam Fox, Boris Johnson and David Davis. I'm fair overflowing with confidence as we steam towards a brighter tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No longer a member of The EU
Primacy of our courts
Increase in Parliamentary sovereignty
Regain control of our borders

I like those implications

We signed up to the Court of Human Rights after WWII, which is nothing to do with being in the EU.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
What is it that you Remainers don't get? The GOVERNMENT didn't want BREXIT. They nearly ALL voted for REMAIN (snouts in the trough you see). May didn't support Brexit (although she wasn't exactly supporting Remain either).

So of course the GOVERNMENT doesn't have a plan, because the vote was promised by CMD and he never thought he would lose, so never even prepared any groundwork.

The GOVERNMENT are recruiting trade negatiators at the moment and trying to develop a strategy, but it wasn't the GOVERNMENTS choice to leave, it was the majority of the population who voted.

So, FFS, stop going on about no plan. They (the Remainers) didn't plan as CMD stopped civil servants doing any form of planning as he didn't want to countenance the risk of losing. So, if you want to blame anyone, blame the F*CKING REMAIN team for being so THICK as to not even plan for the possibility that, in a Yes/No vote, you may F*CKING lose.

See, it ain't that complicated. Farage, Gove, Johnson, etc. WEREN'T IN POWER. Remainers were.

Gove and Johnson were certainly in the party of government, and Gove was a prominent minister.

I think most people, though, would accept that Johnson was on the Leave side principally for the sake of his own political future, not because he really believed in it.

But one would have expected those who were leading the campaign to Exit to have some idea of what to do afterwards, and they don't seem to have a clue - that's an understatement.

People talk about gravy trains and so on. How about the Gravy Train that will keep all the constitutional lawyers and financial experts in work for the rest of their natural lives while all the legal stuff is unpicked. That side of it will take years, if not decades.

larus

Gove and Johnson were certainly in the party of government, and Gove was a prominent minister.

I think most people, though, would accept that Johnson was on the Leave side principally for the sake of his own political future, not because he really believed in it.

But one would have expected those who were leading the campaign to Exit to have some idea of what to do afterwards, and they don't seem to have a clue - that's an understatement.

People talk about gravy trains and so on. How about the Gravy Train that will keep all the constitutional lawyers and financial experts in work for the rest of their natural lives while all the legal stuff is unpicked. That side of it will take years, if not decades.

How can there really be a plan, when EVERYTHING is down to negotiations? I despair at this constant crap from the Remainers saying there is no plan. There can't be a frigging plan, as it's unchartered territory. We have to negotiate with the EU.

Brexit could say: We are only going to agree to X & Y. EU say, that's unacceptable. So, the plan fails. So FFS, all you Remainers, stop going on about a plan, because there can never be a plan when there are other parties involved (well, 27 other countries to be exact, plus the ideologues of the EU who are so blind to the damage their EU plan is having on the continent),

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
No longer a member of The EU
Primacy of our courts
Increase in Parliamentary sovereignty
Regain control of our borders

I like those implications

Reduced Human Rights, less Employment Rights, less Health and Safety protection......you like that too ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's left wing diversionary drivel.... anything to take attention away from their utter shambles.

Which 'lefty' started this thread? Which 'lefties' keep posting on it? What 'lefty' government is presiding over the 'utter shambles'? Which 'lefty' opposition is going on and on about Brexit as a diversion from their 'utter shambles? :shrug:

It would have been nice if Corby had actually engaged with the referendum. No, this 'shambles' is all the fault of Cameron. The great big weasel!

boik

I said before the vote that whichever way it went, it wouldn't make a substantial difference. We will still want to trade with the EU and will therefore need to abide by a lot of their rules to do so. We probably won't repeal a lot of the EU law that made it onto the UK statute, especially as most of it was good for us. Not sure that migration will drop much either - after all, no-one has ever done anything about non-EU migration which apparently we have complete control over.

Move along, nothing to see here! ;-)

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
How can there really be a plan, when EVERYTHING is down to negotiations? I despair at this constant crap from the Remainers saying there is no plan. There can't be a frigging plan, as it's unchartered territory. We have to negotiate with the EU.

Brexit could say: We are only going to agree to X & Y. EU say, that's unacceptable. So, the plan fails. So FFS, all you Remainers, stop going on about a plan, because there can never be a plan when there are other parties involved (well, 27 other countries to be exact, plus the ideologues of the EU who are so blind to the damage their EU plan is having on the continent),

Any brexit leader should have had a plan. This is a disgrace

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Quite. And if the rest of Europe won't let us have what we want, we have to settle for what we don't want: either no free trade but control over the borders (so all those EU folk from the middle East will have to stay in Calais . . . . oh . . . .) or free trade and no control over EU folk having free movement (meaning we will be overrun by French and German workers, Polish plimbers etc - what a ghastly prospect).

I am resigned to Brexit (it will happen) but, blimey, it was never any solution to any actual real problem, was it? :shrug:

Jan 30, 2008
will be interesting to hear the discussion in parliament in October about leaving the EU, there's no point in dragging our feet in a DEMOCRATIC vote to leave , A HARD exit is the way forward, NO FREE MOVEMENT is a must , THIS COUNTRY IS MORE THAN CAPABLE OF STANDING ON ITS OWN TWO FEET
regards
DR

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Really? Given that government members attend meetings, travel abroad and are advised by civil servants, I think that they probably do know what it means. How on earth are you able to make such a judgement? You might not agree with their decisions, but that does not mean that they don't understand - it is almost certain that governments will understand more than you do. Liccolj -you would be well advised to think first before you post.
Wow. Blinkered, fooled by the establishment AND massively condescending. Well done. If you could back up your rhetoric with some facts you might not look so pompous. But I doubt that's going to happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here