Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus favourite be next Chelsea manager (betting suspended)

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Let's hope they're 'bandwagon' bets... It is worrying, but personally I simply can't see Chelsea opting for a manager without any experience at the top level. Poyet would certainly be gone like a flash, despite the fact he probably wouldn't even last half a season.

Last edited:

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Apart from winning the League One title with us two years ago, what has Gus actually achieved as a manager?

Don't get me wrong, I love the guy (not in a gay way, of course), but so far, apart from the League One title, he's made us an attractive top-half-of-the-table Championship team with a chance of getting into the play-offs. He, and we, have loads of potential for a bright future, but we're not there yet; we, and Gus, are exciting works-in-progress.

So the idea that he would go straight from us to Chelsea in a few months time is, I believe, complete and utter bollox. He'll need to achieve rather more than a League One title to persuade the likes of Chelsea (or Arsenal) that he could sucessfully manage them.

what have the Romans ever done for us.....?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Apart from winning the League One title with us two years ago, what has Gus actually achieved as a manager?

Don't get me wrong, I love the guy (not in a gay way, of course), but so far, apart from the League One title, he's made us an attractive top-half-of-the-table Championship team with a chance of getting into the play-offs. He, and we, have loads of potential for a bright future, but we're not there yet; we, and Gus, are exciting works-in-progress.

So the idea that he would go straight from us to Chelsea in a few months time is, I believe, complete and utter bollox. He'll need to achieve rather more than a League One title to persuade the likes of Chelsea (or Arsenal) that he could sucessfully manage them.

100% sense (at last). Gus is just NOT ready for such a big job (despite what he, and his ar$e-lickers on here might think).

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
If Gus goes we will get a huge payout and will be attracting lots of big management talent.

If Gus goes there I would give him 18 months tops before his sacking.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
If they come in for Gus I would suggest that we offer them a 3 month loan for a fee.

When Gus has not won the World Cup for Chelsea by April Roman won't want him anymore and we can have him back :D

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Major betting news regarding Chelsea is that a "major gamble" is taking place on Gus Poyet becoming the club's next manager.

Coral have duly suspended but BetVictor are still up with 3/1. Both firms were offering 25/1 this morning.

Sky Bet are in from 12/1 to 6/4 in the last half hour, while Stan James go 11/10 from 10/1. Former Chelsea star Poyet, currently in charge at Brighton, has duly replaced Jose Mourinho as the market leader.

Coral reported "a surge of bets online" including one of £1,000.

"When it comes to these markets there is rarely any smoke without fire and the sudden surge of bets on Poyet suggests something significant may have gone on in the Chelsea boardroom," said the firm's Simon Clare.

Current interim boss Rafael Benitez has shortened significantly in the Premier League 'sack race' market in recent days following the Blues' 2-2 FA Cup draw at League One Brentford on Sunday.

Corals laying one large :lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Dont take any notice of the bookies odds, Bloody Harry Rednapp was supposed to be odds on for the England job....

From Pep too Gus do me a favour, Roman aint that desperate !

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I dont want Gus to leave until the academy is well established and also I cant think that even Abramovich can blame the manager when the team are winning and concede end of the game and in injury time. The people to blame are the players.100%

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here