Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus favourite be next Chelsea manager (betting suspended)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Wasn't there a big fuss about 2 or 3 weeks ago about Zola being the next Chelsea manager, and it was all over the press.

Is someone trying to unsettle promotion rivals?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
If he goes, he goes! But Brighton is one hell of an attractive club for a lot of very good managers home and abroad!

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Just because Poyet played for Chelsea and has spoken of a desire to manage them someday doesn't mean he is the best candidate for the job. Although Poyet obviously has huge potential as a manager he has won nothing and has no premiership experience. I would be amazed if he was offered the job. Just cannot see this happening. Maybe if Brighton get promoted but a month ago we couldn't win for love nor money, remember?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Gus is not really loves by Chelsea fans.

I want him to stay with us until the Acadamy is up and running, maybe with Brady in charge?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Just because Poyet played for Chelsea and has spoken of a desire to manage them someday doesn't mean he is the best candidate for the job. Although Poyet obviously has huge potential as a manager he has won nothing and has no premiership experience. I would be amazed if he was offered the job. Just cannot see this happening. Maybe if Brighton get promoted but a month ago we couldn't win for love nor money, remember?

Agree with that.

What champions league experience does he have?

DavePage

ok just look at the betting for man city, chelsea, man utd and arsenal (everton included except for the fact moyes is already there)
the difference is that all of the teams have pretty much the same top 20 out of 39 candidates for next manager, except for chelsea where Poyet is the clear favourite.
But Gus is not in the top 39 for any of the other clubs. Surely this means his time to move up is not here yet? Otherwise wouldn't he be held in higher regard by the other clubs.
Time to stay put & finish the job in hand, Chelsea it seems would be a decision of the heart and not the head.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
He might be offered the assistant manager's position, like a certain former manager was offered at Leicester, in an effort to groom him for the top job at Chelsea...

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
Gus won't make it at the top level with clubs who have world class players and that's for 2 simple reasons .

A) His ego would get in the way when dealing with superstar players.

B) Name me a world class ex player ( which Gus was ) from the last 15 to 20 years who has made it as a manager in the top half of the prem.

High profile World class ex players from the last 15 to 20 years very rarely cut it at that level of management.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Gus won't make it at the top level with clubs who have world class players and that's for 2 simple reasons .

A) His ego would get in the way when dealing with superstar players.

B) Name me a world class ex player ( which Gus was ) from the last 15 to 20 years who has made it as a manager in the top half of the prem.

High profile World class ex players from the last 15 to 20 years very rarely cut it at that level of management.

Roberto Di Matteo?

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
A ) Luckiest manager ever to win Champions league

B ) Played 11 behind the ball and very boring football

C ) Didn't he get sacked?

Getting sacked at Chelsea does seem to be the norm though.
How about Roberto Mancini then?

I personally can't see Poyet going to Chelsea for the next few years at least. He needs top flight experience before I think Abramovich will give him any consideration, I'm not sure that being a Chelsea legend holds much if any bearing on his appointment.

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
Getting sacked at Chelsea does seem to be the norm though.
How about Roberto Mancini then?

I personally can't see Poyet going to Chelsea for the next few years at least. He needs top flight experience before I think Abramovich will give him any consideration, I'm not sure that being a Chelsea legend holds much if any bearing on his appointment.

Mancini ?

A) winning the league asa one off with an endless pot of money is hardly management skill.

B) It still took them the last kick of the season to do it.

C ) they are out of Champions league already.

D) won't win the league this year

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
He might be offered the assistant manager's position, like a certain former manager was offered at Leicester, in an effort to groom him for the top job at Chelsea...

He joined a lower league club (us) because he'd had enough of being a #2. Doubt he'd go back to that, even at Chelski.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here