Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus favourite be next Chelsea manager (betting suspended)

Dan The Man

Sep 27, 2011
Mile Oak
2/1 on William Hill - maybe someone knows something.

I could see it happening if we don't get promoted - even though he hasn't achieved much as a manager, he is definitely a prospect. I could see him turning round and saying he has tried to get into PL but as it hasn't happened, he has an opportunity to manage a top club in the prem that he couldn't turn down. Yes he would get paid more and there are all the other reasons why he would go there, but I think it would be a surprise and especially for a player he has convinced to come to Brighton because of our ambition, only to bugger off before he achieves it....

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
There's more important things in life than money buddy - and it's not as if Gus is hard up anyway.

Strange, almost idiotic, argument that.

Money motivates most people. Anyway let's say it's not a factor, it's then just a straight up choice between us and the European Champions. :facepalm:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Money motivates most people. Anyway let's say it's not a factor, it's then just a straight up choice between us and the European Champions. :facepalm:

Or say chairman that gives u a great degree of control and one that sacks you if you have won the Champions League

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I've been self employed for nearly forty years with all the benefits that involves: I start when I like-finish when I like. I have no EGO.However if a firm offered me ten times what I earn now for doing the same job, I would become a yes sir, no sir servant without a blink of an eye cos of the money. Gus probably doesn't need the money so it would only be about his EGO if he leaves:( Feck knows wot I'm on about???

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
If the offer comes he'll take it. No doubt. It won't matter one bit about the prospect of working with Abramovich. Firstly, he's very ambitious and will want a seat at the top table. Secondly, even if it doesn't go well and he's sacked within a year he'll be an "A List" manager just by having been at Chelsea. He can take his pick of the jobs after that.

I'd be surprised if the offer is made though.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I've been self employed for nearly forty years with all the benefits that involves: I start when I like-finish when I like. I have no EGO.However if a firm offered me ten times what I earn now for doing the same job, I would become a yes sir, no sir servant without a blink of an eye cos of the money. Gus probably doesn't need the money so it would only be about his EGO if he leaves:( Feck knows wot I'm on about???

you havnt taken your tablets again

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Thread title is incorrect, betting is NOT suspended, 3 bookies have an open book with Gus at 11/10, 6/4 & 3/1

is there a market on betfair?. If there is, lay lay lay

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here