Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray to Norwich ???

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Those admins worked out well for you though didn't they. Two clean slates.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Hmm that is a big leap of faith, you have to get there and Norwich certainly have a very good chance of staying there, but carry on dreaming. It's not like you're in great form and running away with the league, either, your current form is exactly the same as ours :rolleyes: Have you had many key players out for long so far btw?

Our current form has slipped because we've been playing so many teams around us in the league away from home. Cardiff, Forest, Hull, Leeds, etc. Every team at the top has a small blip and that was ours. Remember we've lost twice in 23 games, the problem was that we kept conceding equalisers in the last 10 minutes after completely dominating the game, which was largely down to having so many first team defenders missing. We've been playing people out of position for weeks.

Yes, we have had a lot of key players out for extended periods. Our captain hasn't played a single game this season. Williams has been out since the first week and has only just come back. Delaney has just been suspended for 3 games, Ward has been injured and will be injured for another 3 weeks and Blake has been ill for the last 4 games and we don't know when he'll be back. Those are all first team players, and there are more too.

Talk of automatic promotion is hardly dreaming. Ollie says he's been given a lot of money to spend in January and Zaha has said that he is happy to stay and get promoted with us. Our only issue currently is that our bench isn't strong enough. A promotion chasing team can't be looking to Jermaine Easter to score goals for them. If we can address that in January, which Ian says we will, we look the best candidate for a second placed finish or even a crack at knocking Cardiff off the top.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Our current form has slipped because we've been playing so many teams around us in the league away from home. Cardiff, Forest, Hull, Leeds, etc. Every team at the top has a small blip and that was ours. Remember we've lost twice in 23 games, the problem was that we kept conceding equalisers in the last 10 minutes after completely dominating the game, which was largely down to having so many first team defenders missing. We've been playing people out of position for weeks.

Yes, we have had a lot of key players out for extended periods. Our captain hasn't played a single game this season. Williams has been out since the first week and has only just come back. Delaney has just been suspended for 3 games, Ward has been injured and will be injured for another 3 weeks and Blake has been ill for the last 4 games and we don't know when he'll be back. Those are all first team players, and there are more too.

Talk of automatic promotion is hardly dreaming. Ollie says he's been given a lot of money to spend in January and Zaha has said that he is happy to stay and get promoted with us. Our only issue currently is that our bench isn't strong enough. A promotion chasing team can't be looking to Jermaine Easter to score goals for them. If we can address that in January, which Ian says we will, we look the best candidate for a second placed finish or even a crack at knocking Cardiff off the top.

I wish you'd sod off to Norwich.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
If a prem side comes knocking for Murray he will go. Simply because the money on offer for him will be too much to turn down at his age and stage of his career.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Well I'm not gonna wish you well but accept that you have had a storming season so far, you also seem to score very early most games, which is gonna settle you. I wish we could start doing the same more often!

Talk of knocking Cardiff off the top and swallowing hook line and sinker what Holloway says is quite sweet. I hope you keep coming back on here if it goes pear shaped. The January window will be an interesting month for all the teams in this division, so we'll soon know if you are gonna sign more quality than you are going to lose.

Keep enjoying the ride, I'm quite envious of your form so far I have to concede.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Those admins worked out well for you though didn't they. Two clean slates.

I'm really struggling to write a sensible reply to this.

Yes, we have come out of admin better than most, but no, I would not wish the experience of getting through it on anyone. Including BHA.

Having seen how bad things were for you in the past, I'm delighted that you are back looking good for a while yet, and that there is a realistic prospect of playing you more of ten than has been the case for the last couple of decades.

Sorry, got all serious there for a moment. That's right, we maxed out the credit, hit the admin button and WOOSH, everything at Selhurst was lovely again as we laughed heartily at all of the creditors. :wave:

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I'm really struggling to write a sensible reply to this.

Yes, we have come out of admin better than most, but no, I would not wish the experience of getting through it on anyone. Including BHA.

Having seen how bad things were for you in the past, I'm delighted that you are back looking good for a while yet, and that there is a realistic prospect of playing you more of ten than has been the case for the last couple of decades.

Sorry, got all serious there for a moment. That's right, we maxed out the credit, hit the admin button and WOOSH, everything at Selhurst was lovely again as we laughed heartily at all of the creditors. :wave:

Must have been so hard for you, and not once but twice. Really don't know how you coped so well amd organised your large and comm8tted fan base so effectively.

We really don't know how lucky we are to have paid the consequence for some over commitment in the 1980's that led to an asset strip and ground loss and 20 years of pain. Much harder for you to maintain investment in your team, keep your ground and rake in money from the Premiership as a result of dicking small busineses in your comunity and the rest of us tax payers (obviously not much impact on most palace fans). My heart goes out to you all, all 8 of you.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I wish you'd sod off to Norwich.

Haha - it would be sweet. Think this is one of Seaside's duplicate accounts ( along with COYP ) - certainly the posting style and level of delusion are almost identical.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Must have been so hard for you, and not once but twice. Really don't know how you coped so well amd organised your large and comm8tted fan base so effectively.

We really don't know how lucky we are to have paid the consequence for some over commitment in the 1980's that led to an asset strip and ground loss and 20 years of pain. Much harder for you to maintain investment in your team, keep your ground and rake in money from the Premiership as a result of dicking small busineses in your comunity and the rest of us tax payers (obviously not much impact on most palace fans). My heart goes out to you all, all 8 of you.

Ouch. :D If there is one club entitled to make light of what Palace have been through....

Quality riposte. :bowdown:

the silurian

Sep 29, 2011
No relegations, minimal impact on the playing side and your debt wiped clean :shrug:

Twice.

Try taking a look at del fenners link to agilo, the hedge fund that put us into administration...didn't get relegated because that's the rules, 10 point deduction was deemed enough, couldn't lose the ground first time round because we didn't own it, the previous owner, one Mr noades kept it for himself...as I said check the facts then you will be qualified to comment. Plenty waiting to see bha accounts next April, should be interesting in the light of a lot of comments on here.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
No relegations, minimal impact on the playing side and your debt wiped clean :shrug:

Twice.

Minimal impact on the playing side? In 2011 after we came out of administration we started the pre-season with 10 contracted players. We lost Victor Moses (now at Chelsea), Clint Hill and Sean Derry (playing every week for QPR), we lost Danny Butterfield (promoted with Southampton last season) etc.

We stayed up after our deduction by the skin of our teeth. As it turned out, our squad was good enough to survive, but it could have been very different.

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Murray's northern anyway so I wouldn't be surprised if he moved back up there and joined someone like Wigan Athletic (although they've just signed a Chilean striker from Manchester United on loan) or Sunderland. Norwich will have so many strikers on their books; Simeon Jackson hardly gets a look in and he's scored a few when he's had a chance.

the silurian

Sep 29, 2011
Minimal impact on the playing side? In 2011 after we came out of administration we started the pre-season with 10 contracted players. We lost Victor Moses (now at Chelsea), Clint Hill and Sean Derry (playing every week for QPR), we lost Danny Butterfield (promoted with Southampton last season) etc.

We stayed up after our deduction by the skin of our teeth. As it turned out, our squad was good enough to survive, but it could have been very different.

Glen you're giving them FACTS..they won't like that it kind of ruins their delusional ideas on our administration, you know, how we did it to save money, clear debts while keeping ALL our players...that's what they want to believe, you won't make them see it any other way..

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yes, we have had a lot of key players out for extended periods. Our captain hasn't played a single game this season. Williams has been out since the first week and has only just come back. Delaney has just been suspended for 3 games, Ward has been injured and will be injured for another 3 weeks and Blake has been ill for the last 4 games and we don't know when he'll be back.

You talk about all this as if its unusual, or a unique situation. It really, really isn't. When we played you, we were down to our SIXTH choice left back, who then got injured during the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here