Gannon says NO

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am actually gutted we have been turned down by a manager I hadn't even heard of on Saturday morning :lol:

I really hope we appoint someone who wants us to play football and not another hoof merchant. Has Glenn Hoddle thrown his hat in the ring?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Really gutted that he has decided not to come. It is odd that he says his position at Stockport is untenable and then decides to stay but if it was down to his wife that would explain it.

I would have been really pleased with either Ince or Boothroyd at the start but had got my hopes up for Gannon. I fear we could end up with White and Booker for the season, which would mean almost certain relegation.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
My appologies, what I have labelled as drawn is losses and vice versa, not so good! That percentage clearly isnt right either, f***ing wikipedia!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I know this is a U turn on what I said yesterday, but hot from my source, is that JG discussed the move with his wife last night, and rejected the offer because

1: Wife wants to stay in the North West as has a young family
2: Thinks something better will come along later this year in terms of a job offer.

That is all

Did they speak to a certain Mrs Murray ? ???

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
I'm disappointed about Gannon - he looked like a good candidate. Wouldn't mind Boothroyd but not Ince...please...

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
cant say im excited by russell slade or adi boothroyd at all

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
That phrase 'be careful what you wish for' is starting to seem rather too apt. Gannon looked an excellent option, but now we're getting into the realms of managers who may not offer much more than Micky in the long term.

I'm off to buy a neck brace in anticipation of Boothroyd getting the job...

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
That phrase 'be careful what you wish for' is starting to seem rather too apt. Gannon looked an excellent option, but now we're getting into the realms of managers who may not offer much more than Micky in the long term.

I'm off to buy a neck brace in anticipation of Boothroyd getting the job...

sammy

Aug 23, 2005
portslade
Went on to stockport 606 site know its crap but on there a fan claims he has a friend whos dad is a director on our board and states Jim turned us down due to terms not good enough and that Blackpool terms are better,not to sure if true but ? who knowns

Fergus96

Oct 20, 2004
Hove
I know this is a U turn on what I said yesterday, but hot from my source, is that JG discussed the move with his wife last night, and rejected the offer because

1: Wife wants to stay in the North West as has a young family
2: Thinks something better will come along later this year in terms of a job offer.

That is all

Sorry but in my opinion you talk rubbish, anyone who listened to the interview with him on BBC Manchester last night could have come up with the same conclusions as you have.

Your source if any, is useless.

Teddy Maybank

Feb 23, 2009
I do not understand why we made our desire to get gannon so public. It makes us look a bit amatuerish, also noone likes to feel they are 2nd best, particularly people like once and boothroyd.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports