Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gannon says NO

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
I wish he hadn't as well.

If he was happy to come out so firmly before interviewing everyone then Gannon MUST have been head and shoulders above others, with would imply the other people interested are crap.

Anyone who thinks Paul Ince has EVER been in the running is an absolute idiot. Would Knight have been so quick to throw his weight behind Gannon if a manager who has just left the Premiership was interested? Of course not.

The other options, if there are any, are clearly not exactly top names.

We are officially now a smaller club than near bankrupt Stockport County...

1. No way are we smaller than Stockport - Gannon loves the club its totally unique situation.

2. There is no way you can even speculate has to how good the other managers are. Gannon obviously got on well with Dick and was the preffered choice however Dick would not waste his time interviewing Crap people

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Dick was simply advertising his desire to have Gannon, hoping that this wish made public would persuade him to leave a place he doesn't feel respected to a place he would be loved.
No other manager who wishes to work will take his initial want for someone else as an insult. It's just a shame all the others are not managers on the rise, their egos instead mildly punctured and looking to recapture something they may have lost. That doesn't make them shit, but a leader whose systems and ways are naturally evolving and seem filled with promise would be all-the-more fascinating to watch, even if we were just a stepping stone.
Ah well.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
No manager for saturday, what a total cock up. Typical Albion, all eggs in one basket

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
1. No way are we smaller than Stockport - Gannon loves the club its totally unique situation.

2. There is no way you can even speculate has to how good the other managers are. Gannon obviously got on well with Dick and was the preffered choice however Dick would not waste his time interviewing Crap people

He would if nobody better applied.

throbinson

Feb 18, 2009
Shropshire
How many managers have we had in the past 10 years, i know we've had a few promotions but not one has been in the job for more then 3 years

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
No manager for saturday, what a total cock up. Typical Albion, all eggs in one basket

How do you know that there will not be a man in place by Saturday? In addition, judging by the fact that DK has been interviewing at least 2 other candidates, we do not have all our eggs in the same basket.

Yes, it is a set-back that the apparent first choice candidate has turned us down but it is not a cock-up in my opinion. I am sure that DK entertained the idea that Gannon might opt to stay at Stockport. DK has gone about approaching things in the right way and I trust him to put this behind him and appoint a good mananger.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I wouldn't worry about this.
Reason - because we have the type of players and coaching who do NOT relinquish personal responsibility just when there's no manager, who hold pride in the shirt and are standing up to be counted in the meantime.

If Tuesday indicated anything to anyone - it should serve notice of those facts.

Now, since there is no reason for concern and panic, DK can take his time and collect his thoughts before casting a decision in stone.

Let's face it, every week that went by so far this season was digging us deeper - and if anything there's more chance we'll pick up points in life afterwards.

I AGREE

Blimey:lolol:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Perhaps Dick Knight could start acting sensibly.

Highly unprofessional to basically offer one candidate the job so publicly (whatever you think in private) in the middle of the interview process.

Has made our club look a joke.

Unlike someone else trying to make the club look a joke by creating fantasies all day about the quality of applicants based on, er...

I give not one shit about Knight making this public announcement. It makes not one jot of difference to whether it puts the next person off. Whoever it is that's offered the job, it's because they too are wanted by the club.

The people we're talking about are grown up and professional - not wannabes trying to create a name for themselves at the start of the careers - and therefore know how to behave, possibly have been sacked before, been round the block, know the game and aren't going to take not being the first choice personally.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Would you like to buy some magic beans?

Are you Edspells who posts on the argus site?
You are certainly as negative and as dismissive of almost everything the club does. Now of course that is entirely your right and you should say it as you see it...........................

.....................................but you really are a miserable bugger :down:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Unlike someone else trying to make the club look a joke by creating fantasies all day about the quality of applicants based on, er...

I give not one shit about Knight making this public announcement. It makes not one jot of difference to whether it puts the next person off. Whoever it is that's offered the job, it's because they too are wanted by the club.

The people we're talking about are grown up and professional - not wannabes trying to create a name for themselves at the start of the careers - and therefore know how to behave, possibly have been sacked before, been round the block, know the game and aren't going to take not being the first choice personally.

Whatever your views are on whether or not it will influence those left in the running, announcing Gannon was the man for the job was at best naive.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
If we can't attract a bloke from stockport there is NO chance of getting ince, or anyone else decent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here