Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gannon says NO

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Certainly not the end of the world, the shortlist was 3 and the other 2 candidates are high quality.

Slade for me now.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
bugger. Bothroyd or Slade then. Anyone know much about Yeovil fans opinions of Slade?

I think they liked Slade for his sheer kookiness! He started all press conferences by speaking, noone asked him questions, he's just appear before the camera and start talking. He's frankly bizarre. ??? But he got them playing good football, who can forget their play off game with Forest a couple of seasons ago? He won 4 in a row with Yeovil and then got sacked, I think he was doing a good job, and would be good for us.

But I still want Martin Ling. :bowdown:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Wasn't Slade a bit crap as Grimsby manager??

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Stockport to Brighton's a pretty big upheaval, especially if his wife's family are all up that way. Shame, but hey, you move on.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

He had the Grimsby Town players training on Cleethorpes beach but had to stop as too many little kids were asking for donkey rides :lol:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Latest from up North: Mrs Gannon says NO to the move

I know this is a U turn on what I said yesterday, but hot from my source, is that JG discussed the move with his wife last night, and rejected the offer because

1: Wife wants to stay in the North West as has a young family
2: Thinks something better will come along later this year in terms of a job offer.

That is all

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
He was seen as a good appointment at the time but then Grimsby is a backwater club where nobody wants to end up. Struggled to bring in any real quality players apart from journeymen and screwed it up when the club slipped out of an automatic promotion spot and lost out in the play offs.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Slade's record looks pretty good:

Grimsby Town Flag of England May 28, 2004 May 31, 2006 105 w41 d34 l30 w%39.04
Yeovil Town Flag of England June 7, 2006 Feb 16, 2009 120 w43 d49 l28 w%45.45

"Slade left his post at Yeovil on 16th February 2009, despite having won 4 consecutive matches immediately prior to this.[6] Slade had become frustrated with the club's lack of ambition, although the club chairman John Fry had previously stated that changes would be needed due to the current economic climate."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here