Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gannon says NO

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
This has left us with egg on our faces. Why would you now come to Brighton knowing that you are 2nd choice unless you are desperate for a job. I hope I am proved wrong but why would Ince/Boothroyd want to come now ?.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
To be honest none of us knows who the other 2 are. Cant see it being Slade as it doesn't seem to be the type of boss that Knight usually goes for. Look back at the prev ones, Adams, Taylor, Coppell, McGhee all high profilish. Alternatively he has gone in-house.

So its either Ince, Boothroyd, Cotterill, Holloway or Brooker and White

lighthouse

Feb 27, 2008
north hampshire
I do not understand why we made our desire to get gannon so public. It makes us look a bit amatuerish, also noone likes to feel they are 2nd best, particularly people like once and boothroyd.

We didn't make it public - Stockport did that via their website. In fact, in his interview on Tuesday evening Dick sounded quite annoyed about it.

Do keep up!

:J)

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Yes, as I said, he apparently left due to the Club's lack of ambition.

Not according to Yeovil's chairman...

Fry coy over Slade departure

Yeovil chairman John Fry has insisted that fans would "completely endorse" the departure of manager Russell Slade were they to know the full details.

Slade left the Huish Park club on Monday despite a run of four wins in a row in League One but Fry has admitted that the facts behind the mysterious dismissal are yet to come to light.

In a statement posted on the club's official website said: "I would very much like to be in a position to explain the reasons why it was necessary for Russell and the club to part company, but I am unable to do so for legal reasons.

"I am positive that our fans would completely endorse the decision of the board if I was able to share full details of the circumstances. I will make a further announcement as soon as I am able to."​

Could of course be a smokescreen to hide their 'lack of ambition'.

lighthouse

Feb 27, 2008
north hampshire
Why assume that this is the end of story with Gannon. If Dick is convinced that he is the man he wants, I am sure he won't give up that easily.

Remember McNulty turned us down initially.

Stockport County's chairman did describe Dick as a 'wily old fox'...........

We didn't make it public - Stockport did that via their website. In fact, in his interview on Tuesday evening Dick sounded quite annoyed about it.

Do keep up!

Well in the interview I read DK is quoted as saying Gannon is his number one choice but he is still interviewing. Why is he revealing his number one choice during an ongoing interview process to a reporter?!! If it was mis-reported then he should sue because this makes him look so two bob it's unreal. The manager of your local Tesco wouldn't do it so I expect someone of DK's standing and experience to know better.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Nice one Dick.

Telling everyone the job was Gannon's if he wanted it might be coming back to bite us on the arse over the next couple of days.

Exactly.

It may have been Stockport's website that first leaked the news we were talking to him, but DK basically saying that Gannon was our No. 1 choice now makes anyone else taking the job look second best.

Having said that these other guys want to be back in football, so let's wait and see.

Please not Lloyd though in any capacity.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
“I had another good meeting with another candidate but I think Jim is edging it,” Knight said. “He is the man for us."

Really wish you hadn't come out with that, Dick.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
He's kept quiet about the others and the club do keep mentioning international applications... perhaps we are considering a foreigner? In which case, EVERYTHING goes out the window. No garunteed chance of safety (not that there was anyway, but less so as they would probably have to adapt)- and who could guess the internationals interested?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I wish he hadn't as well.

If he was happy to come out so firmly before interviewing everyone then Gannon MUST have been head and shoulders above others, with would imply the other people interested are crap.

Anyone who thinks Paul Ince has EVER been in the running is an absolute idiot. Would Knight have been so quick to throw his weight behind Gannon if a manager who has just left the Premiership was interested? Of course not.

The other options, if there are any, are clearly not exactly top names.

We are officially now a smaller club than near bankrupt Stockport County...

I wouldn't worry about this.
Reason - because we have the type of players and coaching who do NOT relinquish personal responsibility just when there's no manager, who hold pride in the shirt and are standing up to be counted in the meantime.

If Tuesday indicated anything to anyone - it should serve notice of those facts.

Now, since there is no reason for concern and panic, DK can take his time and collect his thoughts before casting a decision in stone.

Let's face it, every week that went by so far this season was digging us deeper - and if anything there's more chance we'll pick up points in life afterwards.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The Albion have come out of this looking shit, and it is unforgiveable that Knight should have described Gannon as "the one for the job", "stand-out candidate" etc before he had completed the interview process.

Knight is increasingly letting his heart rule his head. I have no beef with Gannon because I'm sure he'd like to stay in the North-West and we're not the richest of clubs, but how is the bloke he's interviewing later today going to be feeling?

Gannon's CV was impressive but there are other good managers out there too, and the job of Albion boss is attractive, but I'm really getting worried about Knight now.

Aug 9, 2003
East Sussex
Let's be honest, can anyone blame Gannon?

We sacked our home grown manager last summer(our best every youth team coach?) after we finished 7th. We brought back a former manager who had brought us tremendous success before and sacked him six months later.

Doesn't look like a job with much security, does it (even by football management standards)?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here